Media Assassin's Creed UNITY (PS4,X1,PC)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Next Assassin's Creed

Too similar to what Ive played already to the point of boredom. At least with Black Flag they added something new with the sailing and boarding of ships, harpooning, etc...(although apparently not a hit with everyone). This would feel too similar to AC2 on up and if all they did was stick to the status quo of missions (eavesdropping, running someone down, locating keys etc...) well Ive already grown bored of those in the earlier games. At least a Japanese/ninja/ronin style game could add some new moves and weapons in a very fresh looking environment.

It's confirmed by Ubisoft. France it is. Next Gen Only and Pc. AC Unity

I think The French Revolution seems perfect for an AC game. France seems quite a bit different from Boston or Italy, and the turmoil that said event entails could provide another interesting layer.

It is a very interesting periode in history and Paris with Versailles offer very beautiful architecture, scenery and costumes. A tie-in could follow through the Napoleonic wars. Lots of possibilities. I say bing it on!:yess:

Last time a "Revolution" that was in Assassin's Creed .. it Was Boring (III) .. i hope this is not another Boring Game compared to III

I didn't think AC 3 was that bad.I enjoyed it,but Connor wasn't the most likeable character in the series.

I am glad to see this. Hell I was calling this as the next one when 3 was announced. So it's a couple versions late but I'll take it.

3 was very much like the first one for me. It felt like a chore to play and I still need to go finish it. I didn't even bother with black flag.

France is an interesting choice. Could be a little bit like the 3 Musketeers and use swords better suited to fencing.

Feudal Japan would be great too. Would remind me of Tenchu.

From the trailer it appears that the game may focus more on interior locals? That would bring a new spin to the series.

I am disappointed that it's not Feudal Japan or Ancient Egypt. Those would have been interesting locales, and great settings. This to me comes across like Brotherhood mixed with III.

I would almost 110% guarantee you that Ubisoft will do Feudal Japan. It's probably the most requested time period out of all of them.

However, I think Ubisoft wants to do it right and perhaps already has a team established on the preliminary research for Japan. The hints in ACIV from the Abstergo scenes were enough to drive fans bonkers but it also lets you all know they are FULLY aware that's what the fans want to see.

I think AC: Unity will be their first "test" of Assassin's Creed on the Next-Gen systems. To see how much they can do, also think about it, if the rumors of a lot of "interior" scenes are true, that can also contribute to any Feudal Japan AC as I'm sure you'll be sneaking into Japanese castles to assassinate feudal lords.

Let Ubisoft get France out of the way...we all know it was coming and I'm sure within TWO main platform games, one of them will be AC in Feudal Japan. Ubisoft learns from their mistakes and rocked a lot of people with Black Flag. I think AC: Unity is going to take Assassin's Creed back to some of its roots (with more closed room assassinations and open city parkour) and less crazy-huge open world tropics like the Caribbean.

Assassins-Creed-Unity1.jpg

I have to say I'm impressed. Maybe I'm easily satisfied but that road looks like the real deal.

I'm glad they've gone to France, Japan would have been my first choice but it seems like they are trying to get back to roots ala the Italian Ezio saga being the best saga and the best environment. Which is perfectly fine by me, the last couple have been lacking the 'assassin' prurience

I see the French setting being not too different in that respect... hopefully

Last edited:
Back