25th Anniversary of Tim Burton's Batman (1989).... Contest & Fan Compilation Video!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sallah

Super Freak
Reaction score
25th Anniversary of Tim Burton's Batman (1989).... Contest & Fan Compilation Video!

Not sure where else to post this, but I wanted as many of my fellow Freaks involved in this as I can get! :)

2014 marks the 25th Anniversary of Batman, the groundbreaking superhero film directed by Tim Burton and starring Michael Keaton & Jack Nicholson. I'll be celebrating the Anniversary all year long with brand new content over at my site www.1989Batman.com ... But I want other fans to be a part of the celebration too! Beginning now and running through May 31 2014, I want you to submit your best "I'm Batman" impersonation video- recreating that classic moment from the 1989 film. All submitted clips may become a part of a special 25th Anniversary compilation video posted right on or around June 23 (the day Batman hit theaters across the US)!

Your submission also enters you into a series of giveaways leading up to the deadline. For all submissions through February 28 2014, you'll be entered to win the Special 25th anniversary edition of Batman on Blu-Ray (which includes a small commemorative book). Other great prizes may follow and will depend on the overall interest and submissions to the contest... So be sure to tell all your friends about it! ;)

Sending your clip is your entry into the contest(s) and also releases rights to the clip to me (so that I can add it into the overall video). If you don't want your video added, I am sorry but that voids your entry... I want this to be a worldwide fandom celebration after all! And if you're under 18, please get your parent's permission before entering! Your submitted video implies that you have done so!

So get to it! Send those videos over to [email protected] today! :)

-Sallah

Re: 25th Anniversary of Tim Burton's Batman (1989).... Contest & Fan Compilation Vide

Hey Sallah, that sounds cool. Quick question: Are they releasing a new blu-ray for this one?

Re: 25th Anniversary of Tim Burton's Batman (1989).... Contest & Fan Compilation Vide

Hey Sallah, that sounds cool. Quick question: Are they releasing a new blu-ray for this one?

Thanks man!

Nothing announced on a new Blu-Ray yet... Which makes me very sad. :( I REALLY want the deleted scenes and Keaton commentary!

Sallah

Thanks man!

Nothing announced on a new Blu-Ray yet... Which makes me very sad. :( I REALLY want the deleted scenes and Keaton commentary!

Sallah

Thanks, and Keaton Commentary would be awesome. I really felt it was a missed oppurtunity when the TDK Trilogy set came out, and WB chose to have a Nolan/Donner interview instead of Nolan/Burton. That's the conversation I wanted, as well as a Bale/Keaton conversation. That would be amazing to listen to both guys talk about what they saw in the role, and how the approached it.

I really hope they do something special with this film for the anniversary. While it's the 25th Anniversary of the film, as we all know, it's also the 75th anniversary of the character, and I feel that the best way to commemorate that is by hitting some of the important milestones for the character. We're already off to a good start with the announcement of the '66 TV Series (hopefully on Blu-Ray), but, ideally, I'd like to see some of the following, as well:
-Batman (1989) 25th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition
-Batman:The Animated Series Blu-Ray (or, at the very least, Mask of the Phantasm)
-Batman:The Golden Age Omnibus (collecting Detective Comics #27 and onward)

89 is key, though, and, if they did something really special, I'd definitely be willing to buy it again.

Thanks, and Keaton Commentary would be awesome. I really felt it was a missed oppurtunity when the TDK Trilogy set came out, and WB chose to have a Nolan/Donner interview instead of Nolan/Burton. That's the conversation I wanted, as well as a Bale/Keaton conversation. That would be amazing to listen to both guys talk about what they saw in the role, and how the approached it.

That's what makes me sick about the Ultimate Collector's Edition; how much of a blatant cash grab it is. I know not everyone's a Bale fan, but they had the perfect opportunity to make something really special and meaningful, and, hell, I'd have been okay with it, if they held it back until the 75th anniversary (even though it was announced for Fall 2013), but, instead, they opt for the quick cash grab, and give people the same movies with a bonus disc, some Postcards, and some left over Hot Wheels. It's a shame that we couldn't have got a nice set with new transfers, deleted scenes, and behind-the-scenes stuff this year, and had a home video blowout with everything from the '66 show to the Nolan films.

This movie doesn't feel like a 25 year old movie to me.

I unfortunately was only a year old when this film came out so I didn't get to see all of the hype and get to see it in theaters.
This film is very special to me, it was always my escape from dark times... I was introduced to this film at 2 years old at a funeral wake.
My Uncle was one watching over all of the kids and put this film on and he was upset because all of them were talking/crying and I was the only kid sitting there like a zombie.

Made a huge impact on me in that moment, I remember it so vividly... I had to have everything Batman from then on, lol.

Yeah, so many great memories attached to this flick... And what a true event the Summer of '89 was!

This is why it deserves celebrating this year! And if Warner isn't interested, then I hope the fans can at least come together to do something for it. :)

Sallah

I'd love for them to release a 25th anniversary blu like batman mentioned. I'd also like to see them show it in theaters this June. I'm hoping AMC theaters run it in their classics series this summer.

I would also kill for a new HD transfer of this.
Great idea for a competition James!

:rock

I would also kill for a new HD transfer of this.
Great idea for a competition James!

:rock

Thanks buddy! :duff

Sallah

Exciting news! Warner Brothers will release a 25th Anniversary Edition of Tim Burton's Batman this Fall! No details yet on what this Anniversary Edition will contain... but at least one is coming! Crossing my fingers for the deleted scenes!

https://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=51743

Sallah

Hopefully, it gets the full blown Ultimate Collector's Edition Treatment. This film deserves it. Damn is it an exciting time for Batman fans.:rock

Thanks for the info sallah. I will be trading in my old blu-ray for this one. I hope they put some actual thought into it.

To be fair, the twentieth anniversary Blu is pretty damn good all its own, but I'm really hoping we get those deleted scenes this time around; maybe a few new retrospectives and documentaries, and, if it's an Ultimate Collector's Edition, you could throw in some physical stuff, as well ("Winged Freak Terrorizes" Gotham Globe Replica, etc.).

My ultimate fanboy wish for this would be either a sit down discussion between Keaton, West, and Bale.

or

Burton and Nolan sit down discussing taking the franchise in different directions from the past.

Exciting news! Warner Brothers will release a 25th Anniversary Edition of Tim Burton's Batman this Fall! No details yet on what this Anniversary Edition will contain... but at least one is coming! Crossing my fingers for the deleted scenes!

https://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=51743

Sallah

Awesome news!!

Yeah, I don't want to see Nolan anywhere NEAR Burton's Batman, thank you. :lol

I felt it was a missed opportunity when they sat Nolan down with Donner for TDK Trilogy collectors edition. It should have been Burton. They both essentially took what was at the time a jokey series, and put a serious take on it. I would love to hear them discuss their differences, and why they each did what they did. Why they cast their respective Batmen and Jokers as they did. Their take on the Batmobile.

I felt it was a missed opportunity when they sat Nolan down with Donner for TDK Trilogy collectors edition. It should have been Burton. They both essentially took what was at the time a jokey series, and put a serious take on it. I would love to hear them discuss their differences, and why they each did what they did. Why they cast their respective Batmen and Jokers as they did. Their take on the Batmobile.

Darth Zangetsu speaks truth. Love it or hate it, it'd be cool to see a pow-wow between the two directors responsible for some of the greatest Batman films ever.

Back