25th Anniversary of Tim Burton's Batman (1989).... Contest & Fan Compilation Video!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 25th Anniversary of Tim Burton's Batman (1989).... Contest & Fan Compilation Vide

I don't buy many BRs and I guess putting this one off so long will pay off for me. Or, it'll finally make me pay out. Whatever. lol

Re: 25th Anniversary of Tim Burton's Batman (1989).... Contest & Fan Compilation Vide

I would like a Joker patch to put on a jacket or something but definitely buying this!

DC must've just got these, but, suddenly, I'm in need of a new case:lol:

974779F6-029C-4443-98DF-48BECA34B6D5.png

DC must've just got these, but, suddenly, I'm in need of a new case:lol:

974779F6-029C-4443-98DF-48BECA34B6D5.png

Oh man! I guess I will need to upgrade my old iphone 4 now....

Sallah

Yeah, I don't want to see Nolan anywhere NEAR Burton's Batman, thank you. :lol

While I agree with Darth Zangetsu that a Nolan/ Burton sitdown would be something interesting to watch... I too wouldn't want it as part of the 25th Anniversary Batman release. To me, that would feel too much like they were shoehorning Nolan content in there as a sales tactic... almost as if Burton's Batman can't stand on its own without something for the Nolan fans to be hooked in by.

As a series of web interviews or as an overall Batman film documentary, a Nolan/ Burton or West/ Keaton/ Bale panel would rock... But I'd want the focuse solely on Burton's Bat for this Anniversary release.

Sallah

While I agree with Darth Zangetsu that a Nolan/ Burton sitdown would be something interesting to watch... I too wouldn't want it as part of the 25th Anniversary Batman release. To me, that would feel too much like they were shoehorning Nolan content in there as a sales tactic... almost as if Burton's Batman can't stand on its own without something for the Nolan fans to be hooked in by.

As a series of web interviews or as an overall Batman film documentary, a Nolan/ Burton or West/ Keaton/ Bale panel would rock... But I'd want the focuse solely on Burton's Bat for this Anniversary release.

Sallah

DING! DING! DING! :exactly:

If they're going to do some kind of panel, I'd like to see it be all inclusive, with Timm, Conroy, Hammil, West and Ward, even Affleck, to discuss the character. Leave the Nolan-centric BS to his own trilogy and put it out in a collectors edition with behind the scenes stuff of Ledger.

Last edited:

Yeah man.. it'd be great to see a panel of all those mentioned talking shop. :rock

If they're going to do some kind of panel, I'd like to see it be all inclusive, with Timm, Conroy, Hammil, West and Ward, even Affleck, to discuss the character. Leave the Nolan-centric BS to his own trilogy and put it out in a collectors edition with behind the scenes stuff of Ledger.

It's kind of hilarious that you say "all inclusive," yet purposely leave out Nolan. Love it or hate it, he left a lasting mark on the Batman legacy, and, well, should be a part of it.

I don't want it to be Nolan centric. I am talking about Burton picking up this franchise when all anyone had known was the tv show. And his decisions to go darker more serious. Nolan comparing that to his own work picking up from the Schumacher films, and at the time seeing Burton's legacy on the franchise. Both can talk about casting Bale and Keaton. Burton on his embrace of the fantastic elements, and Nolan on his grounded reality approach. I want to hear the 2 greatest directors in this characters history talk about why they made the decisions they made. Why Burton cast Jack, and what he thinks of Heath. Nolan on how Jack's shadow loomed over Heath. All fascinating film stuff.

And if you could convince Keaton and Bale to sit down together discussing the character and their approaches. Hell even discussing their respective suits and driving the Batmobile. I want to see this type of stuff. Because while it is the 25th Anniversary of Burton's film, it is Batman's 75th. I want as much as they can cram on the discs.

It's kind of hilarious that you say "all inclusive," yet purposely leave out Nolan. Love it or hate it, he left a lasting mark on the Batman legacy, and, well, should be a part of it.

:nono You misread that. Notice I didn't mention Burton either? I was adding to the "Nolan and Burton" aspect. :pfft:

Oh man! I guess I will need to upgrade my old iphone 4 now....

Sallah

There's also mugs and tee shirts in those same designs, and they also have full size posters available of the TAS and Mask of The Phantasm images.

Ah, in that case, yes, you, sir, are right.:lol

Star Trek did something similar where they sat down Stewart and Frakes with Nimoy and Shatner. I'd love to see a panel like that with all the creative teams that made Batman the cinematic monster he is today, from West's through Affleck's, including the animated series which, for the most part, seems to get ignored despite being so successful it had it's own film as well. Just having them walk us through a behind the scenes in the life and times of Batman through the ages kinda deal.

Star Trek did something similar where they sat down Stewart and Frakes with Nimoy and Shatner. I'd love to see a panel like that with all the creative teams that made Batman the cinematic monster he is today, from West's through Affleck's, including the animated series which, for the most part, seems to get ignored despite being so successful it had it's own film as well. Just having them walk us through a behind the scenes in the life and times of Batman through the ages kinda deal.

Those guys get no respect. Bruce Timm, Dwayne McDuffie, and Paul Dini turned DC into a powerhouse before the Marvel films started. I always felt they should be the ones shepherding the DC film universe with guys like Nolan, Snyder, Burton, whoever who understand live action film making and costs there to rein in their crazier ideas that might not be possible in live action or would cost a fortune.

How awesome would it be if they got Nicholson to come back for a commentary and/or panel discussion about the film? I'm going through the special features on my 20th anniversary Blu-Ray, and he lights up every time he's asked about The Joker, so, while I'm sure the ginormous paycheck was no doubt a factor, I think there is a lot of genuine enthusiasm for the character there. Plus, as far as that ginormous paycheck goes, I'm sure that a Nicholson commentary and/or panel discussion would directly affect the amount of sales of said Blu-Ray, and, with his lucrative royalty deal, he could literally be making more money just by contributing a couple hours of his time.:lol

Nicholson has more enthusiasm about it than Keaton does...granted Nicholson only had to put up with minor prosthetics and makeup. Keaton always seemed blase about the whole thing....strange then that he's a lot of people's favorite Batman, myself included.

Yeah, I've noticed that, too. I was watching the bonus features, as I said, and at one point, Keaton says "some guy would walk up to me and say 'Hey, Batman,' and I'd be like 'really? You think you're the first guy who noticed that?' It's odd that he'd be in not one, but two films, and not reflect on it, at least, somewhat fondly. Even recently, I'll read interviews in stuff like GQ and it's almost like he does his best to redirect when ever Batman comes up. I love Keaton as an actor; he's a brilliant comedian, but Batman's really the thing that turned him into an icon. He had some AAA roles in the 80's, prior to that, but I think that, particularly because his interpretation was so great, that legacy will always be there.

I just announced the other 3 prizes in my 25th Anniversary "I'm Batman" contest for anyone interested... a Batman Film Favorites Blu-Ray Set, a vintage carded Batman Dark Knight Collection Sky Escape Joker, and the Grand Prize- A NECA 18" Keaton Batman! Head here for the details-

1989Batman.com "I'm Batman" 25th Anniversary Fan Video Compilation Contest

Sallah

Happy Anniversary! It's been 25 years since the winged freak terrorized Gotham!

Happy Anniversary! It's been 25 years since the winged freak terrorized Gotham!

:rock

Happy anniversary all you Burton Bat fans!

I havent seen it show up on our local AMC classics schedule yet. Anybody else know of a theater showing it this month?

Back