2010/2011 TV Season

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More updates.

Charlie Sheen Returning to Two and a Half Men
By Joyce Eng
Tue May 18, 6:34 AM PDT

Charlie Sheen will return to Two and a Half Men for two more seasons.

"To put a fitting end on the two and one-half months of whirlwind speculation, I'm looking forward to returning to my CBS home on Monday nights," Sheen said in a statement. "I want to thank [CBS President and CEO] Les Moonves for his support."

Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Calls to CBS and Warner Bros. were not immediately returned, but CBS will unveil its fall lineup Wednesday.

The actor's future with the hit sitcom — which was already renewed for two more years — was uncertain after he publicly stated last month that he was ready to walk away should contract negotiations fall through. Sheen earned $825,000 per episode last season and was ranked the highest-paid actor on TV. He denied reports that he was demanding a bigger paycheck as a last-minute negotiating tactic, saying that he submitted his terms for Season 8 last June.

The deal caps a tumultuous season for Sheen, who faces domestic violence charges stemming from a Christmas Day fight with wife Brooke Mueller. He has pleaded not guilty and is due back in court July 21.

Production on Men halted for three weeks in February when Sheen entered rehab as a "preventative measure." He returned to work March 16, and the show's production order was later reduced by two episodes.

CW Renews Tree Hill, Life Unexpected; Cancels Melrose; Picks Up Two Series

The CW has renewed bubble shows One Tree Hill and Life Unexpected for next season, and has also picked up new series Nikita and Hellcats, TVGuide.com has confirmed. The network also canceled Melrose Place.

Tree Hill — which lost original cast members Chad Michael Murray and Hilarie Burton at the end of its sixth season — will return for an eighth season. Life Unexpected will enter its second year.

Melrose Place's demise is hardly surprising: The show struggled in the ratings all season. A midseason revamp and the much-hyped addition of Heather Locker did little to beef up numbers.

Nikita stars Maggie Q as the titular assassin who goes rogue. Hellcats, which is executive-produced by Smallville's Tom Welling, is an ensemble show about the world of competitive college cheerleading.

Sucks that Heroes won't even get an ending. Oh well, it was decent while it lasted.

There is a bit of news about heroes. This article says that there's a possibility of a tv movie in 2011. However, it also says this idea has not even been brought up with Kring yet. So who knows. I actually haven't watched this past season at all, but I followed it from the beginning. I loved it even when it was terrible. Which was pretty much everything after season 1. But maybe the storylines that didn't get wrapped up with the sudden series finale that NBC gave the show, they could be addressed in the movie.

https://www.eonline.com/uberblog/wa...4_nbc_preps_office_without_steve_carell_.html

Can't believe "Lie to Me" got renewed... that has to be one of the dumbest ____ing shows I've ever seen :lol

Glad to see Heroes got the axe though, that show was just painful to watch.

^^^I never put much hope on TV show movies. They always seem rushed and often open more questions/holes in the story despite closing others.

I don't either. They never happen. I think heads of networks just say it to keep the fans "happy," in a sense, for the time being. There's been talk for years about a tv Ripper movie about Buffy's Giles, there's been talks about a Veronica Mars tv movie or actual film, a Gilmore Girls one, etc etc. It's all talk. Never gonna happen.

Even when they do happen, you're right, they just seem forced, and tend to open more plot holes then wrap them up. The only one that comes to mind that may be working okay is Sex and the City. But to be fair, I can't be sure as I have never actually watched the show or movie.

Back