2013 Canceled Shows (So Far)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that show just needs to stay dead. it's had plenty of chances

Have you ever seen it? The true quality of programming is not always measured in ratings...It's a great show, better than most of the stuff out there.

Hannibal is a fantastic show. Sucks that NBC is canning it because of the graphic and brutal violence. The show should have been offered to the HBO network. Sparticus was a fantastic show and loved how they ended the series.

I also enjoyed watching Touch, Vegas, Happy Endings, and Go On.

Have you ever seen it? The true quality of programming is not always measured in ratings...It's a great show, better than most of the stuff out there.

I've never seen it, but I do agree that a show not finding ratings is in no way indicative of quality. If it's a good show, let it come back on as many channels or as many formats as needed.

Futurama and Clone Wars were the only two I was interested in.

I initially was so-so on the new Futuramas, but I found after rewatching them I really enjoyed them. Clone Wars was always pretty hit and miss so I won't really miss it much, although I did love the look of the animation.

Ratings can be important to quality though if the show is something like Game of Thrones with a giant production value. I have to imagine if that show slipped under a certain ratings mark they couldn't continue to afford making the episodes as grand as they are. That's why Deadwood got canned, too expensive per episode to justify. And if those Dragons or castles start to look too fake that can cost them their core audience as well.

As I said the tv watching market has changed drasticly with binge watching online, many people now say the hell with waiting for episodes each week, wait for a season to finish then watch it in one go, but in reality that can seriously hurt the show's chances.

As I said the tv watching market has changed drasticly with binge watching online, many people now say the hell with waiting for episodes each week, wait for a season to finish then watch it in one go, but in reality that can seriously hurt the show's chances.

I don't get that trend. Part of the fun is that anticipation between episodes. Watching them all in a row seems tedious.

I don't get that trend. Part of the fun is that anticipation between episodes. Watching them all in a row seems tedious.

Well there are people, alot of them, who don't get HBO etc, so it's conveniant sometimes. Others maybe haven't seen Breaking Bad at all and finally get around to it, hooked, and watch the whole thing to "catch up" before the next season. Problem is of course shows not available on Demand are watched illegaly online and don't translate to ratings networks can see.

It's definately an interesting thing, I don't know if it's a trend as it's been going on some time now, it may simply be the future. And people have even attributed the return of shows like Arrested Development and 24 to it.

Ratings can be important to quality though if the show is something like Game of Thrones with a giant production value.

Aesthetics aside, I meant ratings aren't a reflection of how good a show is i.e. American Idol, even in its lowest rated season still gets more viewers than The Walking Dead in its highest rated season.

I agree with you that ratings CAN effect production values though. They can also effect (obviously) how long a show remains on air. :lol

It's not. Especially if its a show you missed out on when it originally aired. I did a marathon run of GOT (seasons 1 & 2) to catch up. Doing it now with Mad Men as well. I agree it would be weird to purposely miss an entire season to do that though.

Aesthetics aside, I meant ratings aren't a reflection of how good a show is i.e. American Idol, even in its lowest rated season still gets more viewers than The Walking Dead in its highest rated season.

I agree with you that ratings CAN effect production values though. They can also effect (obviously) how long a show remains on air. :lol

That's ok I know what you meant and agree, was just saying.

I am interested in seeing how binge watching will play into future ratings systems though which is why I mainly brought it up. Showrunners need to come to terms with the fact that if you don't have your show available online by the next morning after it premieres, you can cost yourself ratings to pirated copies and quick and luckily for us, most are.

I'll do binge watching if I am catching up on something...but I prefer watching a show week by week. Gives you time to think about the episode and look forward to the next one. But because I do not have a DVR and I work crazy hours - I often times will have to watch 2 or more episodes at a time to get caught up. Right now I don't have HBO - so when I sign up for that later this summer (maybe) I'll binge watch this latest season of GoT. Or I'll just wait and buy the BluRay set since I already own the previous two seasons.

Back