What movie everybody else loves but you hate?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harry Potter is not my cup of tea. Bad editing, irrelevant scenes, boring dialogue, and what the ____ moments that are neither needed or make you think, was this just added in as they were filming. First few HP movies were okay. I say okay, because I was never a big fan, but I saw the potential. The quality in them. But the last few were dreadfully boring and pointless. The pacing and editing like I said seemed off, and there seemed to be a lot of filler in the last few.

Harry Potter is not my cup of tea. Bad editing, irrelevant scenes, boring dialogue, and what the ____ moments that are neither needed or make you think, was this just added in as they were filming. First few HP movies were okay. I say okay, because I was never a big fan, but I saw the potential. The quality in them. But the last few were dreadfully boring and pointless. The pacing and editing like I said seemed off, and there seemed to be a lot of filler in the last few.

838682a3.jpg

Well in all fairness Clerks was made for like 25k or something. So it would be an uphill challenge claiming it a great movie. Smiths movies tend to have a strong internet/cult following.

You didn't like Clerks 2 or any of his other movies? I didn't think they were all that bad. Overrated? Yes.

I liked Clerks and Clerks 2, I like Clerks 2 more,
but every other movie Smith has made is such a Piece of Crap! My God! Jay and Silent bob Stike back...:dump is such a bad movie...

Harry Potter, the ending was like terminator salvation.
Twilight series, sparkle sparkle shat.
chipmunk movies, talking roadkill.
hana montana movie, just wrong.

:gah:

Im glad Potter is as big as it is because it the lesser of two evils,
they are not bad movies, way better than Twilight or Star wars 1-3,
and it deals with Magic, so they are cool, I love the look of them,
but I just can't follow the story,

Another movie I hate that people love
Pirates of the Caribbean, can't stand those movies

You know the movies are based on books, doncha? :)

All kidding aside, the movies don't do the books justice. The tone and look are pretty good, but so much content was changed and cut that it does a disservice to the books. I always wondered how people who had never read the books could follow the movies, or how much enjoyment they could get, when they were only getting the tip of the iceberg with the stories.

Anyway, I didn't like Captain America. I didn't hate it, but I found it to be very bland. I also didn't like My Neighbor Totoro, which I know is very widely loved. I found it a bit strange because it was overly simple and thin like for a kid's movie, but had a very slow pacing that I don't think kids would tolerate. Also the plot about the mother seems very adult and serious for a kid's movie, but was resolved with such a light touch that it took away from the gravity of the situation. I didn't get the sense of charm and wonder that I was expecting.

But the one movie that I truly despise that seems to get a lot of love is American Beauty. I LOATHE it. I hated it when it first came out and never understood how in the world it became so popular to even win the Oscars. It has been getting some backlash recently, which is very reassuring: https://www.gq.com/entertainment/movies-and-tv/201201/canon-fodder-american-beauty-oscars-review#ixzz1k31lr573 :yess:

But the one movie that I truly despise that seems to get a lot of love is American Beauty. I LOATHE it. I hated it when it first came out and never understood how in the world it became so popular to even win the Oscars. It has been getting some backlash recently, which is very reassuring: https://www.gq.com/entertainment/movies-and-tv/201201/canon-fodder-american-beauty-oscars-review#ixzz1k31lr573 :yess:

that's exactly ow I felt about Titanic, I know what happened is a sad story, but the movie itself, I couldn't understand why it was so loved and got so many awards, it was not a great movie, I don't think I could ever bring myself to watch it if I had to, one time was too many,
I even regret watching it once, I wish I could erase it from my head :gah:

mena suvari's bewbs....that's the only thing i remember about American Beauty.

I couldn't stop staring in disbelief at how big her forehead was to notice her chest.

Movies I hate:

Buffalo 66
Inglorious Basterds
Watchmen
Aliens
First Blood
pretty much almost every movie most others on this board like.

I couldn't stop staring in disbelief at how big her forehead was to notice her chest.

Movies I hate:

Buffalo 66
Inglorious Basterds
Watchmen
Aliens
First Blood

i hated Inglorious basterds too, didn't get the hype

Movies I hate:

Buffalo 66
Inglorious Basterds
Watchmen
Aliens
First Blood

Then you should post in the opposite thread which movies you love so we can throw tomatoes at you too. :nana:

Titanic is so backlashed against that its underrated now. I think it belongs in the 'Everyone else hates but you love' thread. I have always thought its a great film.

I agree on Eternal something of a $h!tless Mind. I didn't make it to the end of the film.

The Shining - bored me close to death. It was on telly at Christmas.

Die Hard 4 - around here everyone seems to like it, thought it was awful. Since when is John McClane The Terminator.

Titanic is so backlashed against that its underrated now. I think it belongs in the 'Everyone else hates but you love' thread. I have always thought its a great film.

Really? I didn't know it had backlash, i still really hate it and i regret ever seeing it :dunno

I remember when Titanic first came out on video. I went to the video store and was thinking about renting it, but the video clerk was like "This is the only good part." He popped in the video and showed me the scene with the dude hitting the ship's propellor. Yup, that's the best part.

Back