9 Films Nerds Love to Hate (That Really Aren't That Bad)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having said that, though, it is a comic book character and a comic book movie. And that means action is a pretty important (albeit secondary IMO) part of what makes Hulk good. And I do think the action in the Norton Hulk movie was better than the action in the Bana Hulk movie.

All this talk of Lee's Hulk makes me want to see it now. I loved the Planet Hulk comics - not because Hulk can smash but because of the emotional aspects of his story. So this may be a movie that I actually enjoy.

I will say this about the Lee movie--there seemed to be a lot more going on below the surface than was in the case in the Leterrier movie. In some cases (with Betty, for instance), I think it was better for the story in the Lee film. Liv Tyler didn't bring much depth to the role, and wasn't really believable as a scientist to me. But Nolte just went off the deep end, acting bat-____ crazy. And while it made the character less one-dimensional, I don't think it was good for the film.

I will say this about the Lee movie--there seemed to be a lot more going on below the surface than was in the case in the Leterrier movie. In some cases (with Betty, for instance), I think it was better for the story in the Lee film. Liv Tyler didn't bring much depth to the role, and wasn't really believable as a scientist to me. But Nolte just went off the deep end, acting bat-____ crazy. And while it made the character less one-dimensional, I don't think it was good for the film.

Honestly, I just loved Nolte.

I don't care what anyone says, this scene is EPIC:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DIGGyidGagA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I never liked the look of Lee's Hulk. Not only was Eric Bana a non-presence in the film, Hulk looked puffy and fake. Film was okay still.

The only complaint I had (and still have) about Ang Lee's Hulk is the lack of a true villain. That's why I liked the reboot better. It had Abomination, and it had an epic battle between the two.

Ang Lee's hulk had Ross (boring) some Hulk dogs (worst idea ever) and Nolte aka xxxzzyxyxxwhateverhisf'ingnameis (lame). And I guess the blonde douchy dude.. but regardless, they all sucked as antagonists for the Hulk IMO.

9) Transformers - LOVE IT!!! All around fun. 2nd one, not so great but not the worst of the bunch, either.

8) Hulk - boooooring. I like watching whats-his-face though, so it was worth one viewing.

7) Constantine - not bad at all, but nothing special either.

6) Fantastic Four - mmmm, Human Torch, yummy! Again, worth watching once just for that (hey, if you guys can watch it for Jessica Alba...).

5) I, Robot - didn't actually see this. But always wanted to - maybe one day.

4) Batman Forever - meh.

3) Daredevil - not that horrible, but definitely not a "repeater" for me.

2) G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra - GARBAGE. Complete and utter. The only reason I watched it all the way to the end is I wanted to see just how much more horrible it could get. It didn't disappoint.

1) Street Fighter - never seen it and don't plan to.

hey, if you guys can watch it for Jessica Alba...

Mmmmmm.. Jessica Alba...

drooling.jpg

The only complaint I had (and still have) about Ang Lee's Hulk is the lack of a true villain. That's why I liked the reboot better. It had Abomination, and it had an epic battle between the two.

Ang Lee's hulk had Ross (boring) some Hulk dogs (worst idea ever) and Nolte aka xxxzzyxyxxwhateverhisf'ingnameis (lame). And I guess the blonde douchy dude.. but regardless, they all sucked as antagonists for the Hulk IMO.

Agreed.

I love TIH. It was awesome. The score was better too. Sorry Danny.

Its funny everyone talks as if everyone hated the film but it was reviewed positively by the majority of critics.

Who cares what the critics think? It applys to both postive and negative reviews. The movie is an OK character thing...but it just fails as a superhero movie. It needs to be FUN first....but with good characters, and a clear villian. This movie didnt. As Devil said.

It's too...artsy for a superhero flick. I dont mind the hero flicks where it's required to think (Watchmen....), but when I see a Marvel flick, all I ask for is, cool action, fun characters, and a decent story.

Hulk didnt give me any of that. The characters were not fun. :dunno

It's too...artsy for a superhero flick.

This is the very reason I loved HULK. It had the balls to portray a Marvel superhero in an artistic and compelling way. It's the only Marvel film (with the possible exception of Spiderman 2) that I actually thought about after I left the theater.

I hear what you're saying about a Marvel movie needing to be fun, and a perfect example of that is the first Ironman movie. It was just a really solid and entertaining story. The second one, on the other hand was pretty much just comic book geekery action, which is how I feel about The Incredible Hulk. Entertaining for a one time view in the theather, but not something I would ever view twice.

Lee's HULK I could watch again and again though.

I've never seen I, Robot. :lecture

:thud:

Who cares what the critics think? It applys to both postive and negative reviews. The movie is an OK character thing...but it just fails as a superhero movie. It needs to be FUN first....but with good characters, and a clear villian. This movie didnt. As Devil said.

It's too...artsy for a superhero flick. I dont mind the hero flicks where it's required to think (Watchmen....), but when I see a Marvel flick, all I ask for is, cool action, fun characters, and a decent story.

Hulk didnt give me any of that. The characters were not fun. :dunno

Karamazov, I submit the above post to you as exhibit A.

Well, I hope they never make a film like Hulk again. If I want to see a really deep superhero movie, I will go and watch a deep superhero movie. Not a Marvel movie. I see those, only to be entertained. Only to be thrilled with effects, and action, and fun.

Hulk is not a bad movie. Just a boring ass Hulk movie. If they would've contrasted the characters, and depth, with great action, then it would have worked. But it didnt.

Back