What movie everybody else hates but you love?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Street Fighter

streetfighter-94-01-g.jpg

I LOVE it

Discusing that with a coworker just this week.

I postulate that after watching the first three over and over since KOTCS was released, there shouldn't be hate on aliens and supersonic train action.

The first three were filled with that! Mola Ram pulling a heart out, jumping from a plane with only a raft, the Crusades knight still being alive, and the ark melting people's faces off to name a very few...

I don't remember that part, but there is a ball chomping machine that nearly castrates many of the Pirates... :lol

LOL...yeah that's the movie. There is a scene where the good robots are getting whooped bad and they said something to one of them and he goes full ninja and beats the **** out of all the bad robots....it was hilarious to me back then. Haven't seen that scene in over 20 years :lol

The rocket sled isn't a problem and the aliens aren't too bad until they get up and walk around. We never actually saw a "God" in the previous 3 movies. Just the power of it.

They should have ended the opening sequence with the rocket sled. That was bombastic enough, nuke town ruined it and also drags it out way too long. It'd have also made more sense to cut back to the college and have Indy surprised the FBI searched his office. In the movie as it is, it makes no sense that he's shocked by that considering he was already in their custody and being questioned.

The real problem becomes Marion's horrible acting and Mutt's over the top nonsense with monkies and getting hit in the balls multiple times. The villains also don't hold a candle to the old school ones. They missed an opportunity to make them more menacing by showing them actually massacring the Ugha tribe.

There's a good movie in there but weighted down by George and Steve's recent inability to show restraint.

The rocket sled isn't a problem and the aliens aren't too bad until they get up and walk around. We never actually saw a "God" in the previous 3 movies. Just the power of it.

They should have ended the opening sequence with the rocket sled. That was bombastic enough, nuke town ruined it and also drags it out way too long. It'd have also made more sense to cut back to the college and have Indy surprised the FBI searched his office. In the movie as it is, it makes no sense that he's shocked by that considering he was already in their custody and being questioned.

The real problem becomes Marion's horrible acting and Mutt's over the top nonsense with monkies and getting hit in the balls multiple times. The villains also don't hold a candle to the old school ones. They missed an opportunity to make them more menacing by showing them actually massacring the Ugha tribe.

There's a good movie in there but weighted down by George and Steve's recent inability to show restraint.

The biggest problem I have with Indy 4, is the lack of danger. No once did I feel the main characters were in serious trouble. That lack of danger ruins the film, imo. Once the main character survives a nuclear explosion within the first 7 minutes of the film, it kills any sense of danger or realism. The rest of the film just looks like old characters having a good time in a cgi jungle. I really don't get how that film got better reviews than Rambo 4, which came out the same year. :dunno

The real problem becomes Marion's horrible acting and Mutt's over the top nonsense with monkies and getting hit in the balls multiple times. The villains also don't hold a candle to the old school ones.

Agreed. Well said. It's my least favorite of the series, but it's worthy of owning and revisiting in my opinion. It's no Star Wars Prequel! Ironically I liked each prequel as it was released and over time grew to dislike them. The opposite is true for KotCS. I left the theater in different but now I love it. Warts and all.

Really? I love Star Trek and have since childhood. I HATE this movie so very very much. It's a few scenes I like, but overall it's just SO bad.

A lot of scenes are laughable. It's not a great film but i like it. It's really entertaining.

When I was a kid and my parents were going out on a weekend night, they'd take my sister and me to rent movies. Of course they were always either T&A comedies or horror. Picked that one up one time and remember being afraid of mutant bears for a while. :lol

prophecy-promo.JPG

prophecy-WTF-3.jpg

I haven't seen it in a million years but I remember it. Bear was freaky.

I freaking love Prometheus, Man of Steel and John Carter.

I see the flaws in the first two, but I don't get the hate. (Maybe in Prometheus' unfinished plot)

John Carter bit being a massive success is a travesty and I'm sad we'll never get another

A Nightmare on Elm Street remake. Other than the original it's the only nightmare on elm street movie i like.

Back