What movie everybody else hates but you love?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paramount-MGM's "Hercules".

It was a mediocre film, not horrible. Had a lot of good stuff.
If only studios took such projects more seriously... could've been so good.

^ :lol (..wtf..)

Saw this thread resurrected & thought about another one I like - Event Horizon.

Sure, it's derivative as **** & makes little sense, but Sam Neil kicks *** in it, & he does the horror stuff well. :lol

Gotta check out 'In the Mouth Of Madness' again sometime.

Event Horizon had Funky Shat by prodigy when end credits started rolling. good way to end the movie. :lol

Sure, it's derivative as **** & makes little sense, but Sam Neil kicks *** in it, & he does the horror stuff well. :lol

Yeah Event Horizon is quite atmospheric and scary from what I can recall. I've watched it twice I think...freaky in parts which is why I haven't revisited it again.

Yeah Event Horizon is quite atmospheric and scary from what I can recall. I've watched it twice I think...freaky in parts which is why I haven't revisited it again.

Interesting movie, but always felt it was lacking. I think it is a movie that suffers from serious studio hacking. The original was supposed to be over 130 minutes but was a little too disturbing and was severely edited. The studio had no interest in the extra footage and got rid of it. Shame, since it would have been interesting to see the director's real vision of the film.

Interesting movie, but always felt it was lacking. I think it is a movie that suffers from serious studio hacking. The original was supposed to be over 130 minutes but was a little too disturbing and was severely edited. The studio had no interest in the extra footage and got rid of it. Shame, since it would have been interesting to see the director's real vision of the film.
Is that so? Huh, there you go. I'd be down for a director's cut too.

Toys (Robin Williams is in it and I had a huge crush on Joan Cusack when it came out)
Alien 3 (The workprint version is pretty frickin' awesome. Fincher may disown it but I still think it is great)

Re-watching Hitman on cable. I never understood the hostility toward this movie. Also Olga Kurylenko is scorching hot.

Horrible Bosses 1 & 2

People hate those? I love the first one! The second one was ok although like most comedy sequels unnecessary, redundant, and overall forgettable.

I might have mentioned this one earlier in the thread but it's worth repeating now that Spectre is out: Quantum of Solace.

TRON LEGACY.
THE CABLE GUY.
BRAINSCAN.
REQUIEM FOR A DREAM.
ALIENS VS PREDATOR.
PROMETHEUS.
SIN CITY 2 dont love but dont hate it.
SPUN.
WATERWORLD.
JUMPER.
HOUSE OF A THOUSAND CORPSE'S
TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 2 original Dennis HOPPER.

Last edited:

Love Event Horizon, I just wish the third act didn't fall apart like it did. Apparently, there's an uncut version out there that has a lot more material in it which fans have scoured the world trying to find. A producer said at a convention that he found a VHS copy of said version.

Event Horizon (Unreleased 130 Minute Cut) - Lost Media Wiki - Wikia

Back