What movie everybody else loves but you hate?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got what it was going for, but I don't like when a film goes from being so severely realistic, to so abstractly symbolist as that was. They achieved the effect they were after, and did it to the nines, but I didn't like where it brought me.

Actually, in that sense, it reminds me a lot of Sucker Punch...just with none of the action or beauty. Message was a bit deeper though if not quite as emotionally brutal. 2001 was like getting hit in the head with an anvil. Sucker Punch was like a horse kicking me in the intestines.

...I think you just talked me into watching it again. I will wear a hardhat. Thanks Roy.

Meh i'll give it another shot too. :hi5:

Trainspotting.

It just struck the wrong chord with me. And struck it hard. Don't know why. Can't remember a time when a movie made me that angry. Can't explain it.

Also, even though my friends liked it, Clerks reeeeally didn't work for me either.

Yeah I am with Buckyunderbelly... Clerks is one of the dumbest movies I have ever seen. The sequels were so bad I actually turned them off within the first few minutes. A rare thing for me to do.

Yeah I am with Buckyunderbelly... Clerks is one of the dumbest movies I have ever seen. The sequels were so bad I actually turned them off within the first few minutes. A rare thing for me to do.

Well in all fairness Clerks was made for like 25k or something. So it would be an uphill challenge claiming it a great movie. Smiths movies tend to have a strong internet/cult following.

You didn't like Clerks 2 or any of his other movies? I didn't think they were all that bad. Overrated? Yes.

Some of the conversations were funny, but on the whole it felt like the over all tone seemed to pander to a certain audience. Which always embarasses me more than it entertains.

They're funny if you can relate.

pix needs to hang out with more bums.. :lecture

Indeed.

Some of the conversations were funny, but on the whole it felt like the over all tone seemed to pander to a certain audience. Which always embarasses me more than it entertains.

Well if you like ____ and fart jokes with a smidgen of intellect give em another go. :D

Not according to the threads here. :lol

Ain't that the truth. My favorite is the "Well I gave it another try watching it on Blu Ray .................... 9/10" :lol

Ain't that the truth. My favorite is the "Well I gave it another try watching it on Blu Ray .................... 9/10" :lol

I love the standard fanboy defense for sucky movies. "That just means you didn't get it." No, I did. And it sucked. :lol

Eyes Wide Shut is another movie I can't stand that falls right into that category. :monkey1

I thought I did get it. But I did not.

Thanks Zack. I stood up for you, and you don't ever explain what the ____ you were doing? Man....

Harry Potter, the ending was like terminator salvation.
Twilight series, sparkle sparkle shat.
chipmunk movies, talking roadkill.
hana montana movie, just wrong.

:gah:

Back