WELCOME TO THE DOLLHOUSE! Joss and Eliza on Fox again!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good, love the first Trailer, so Whedonesque.

Fan base will flock to this one... Makes Sarah Connor Chronicles look pedestrian IMO. It's all about the writing first, Guys.

A new trailer is up. I still have hope that this will do well.

<iframe src="https://www.whedontube.com/embed/content/TN7PN19Q6X5CX743" width="420" height="395" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

A new trailer is up. I still have hope that this will do well.

<iframe src="https://www.whedontube.com/embed/content/TN7PN19Q6X5CX743" width="420" height="395" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Man, that looks good. Thanks for posting that link Batty. I can't wait to see Whedon's new work.

This starts in January, right? I am so excited about this, fingers crossed it at least gets one good full season on the air before Fox yanks it... :monkey2

i assume it should do well. i think whedon fans will be glued to the set for this one cuz of the whedon drought we've been subjected to for the past 5 years or so. plus we all know what happened to firefly so we know how important it will be to watch every episode even if it starts out slow. just hope that they have been marketing the show so people know about it. i dont watch a lot of TV so have they advertised this on FOX yet?

damn. there goes my friday night life.

And just about everyone else's. Or you can dv-r Craw. :)

I can't wait to see this but I just hope it gets enough adverts in. I haven't actually seen any. But then again I don't watch too much tv. Bones, SCC and a bunch of hockey at the moment. But during those I haven't seen anything for it.

Fans of Eliza and Joss/Buffy/Angel will def be up for watching it. Let's hope everyone else will too!

Here is what the netnerds are saying about the fact this will premiere on Friday.

Apparently I wasn't the only one who thought that the new trailer for Joss Whedon's Dollhouse looked lame. Fox is putting the show in Friday nights, where it generally premieres shows to die (Firefly got the same treatment). This ensures that Dollhouse will be incredibly awesome, will be prematurely canceled, and fans will freak the ^^^^ out. Oh, and the Terminator show is moving to Friday's, too. Sayonara, Sarah Conner! (Via /Film)

Unfortunately shows on Friday nights have not traditionally done well when aimed at the young adult demographic.

The only friday night Fox show I can remember being successful was X-Files, everything else was pretty much canceled in it's first season. To this day, I'm still kinda surprised X-Files made it past it's first season.

While “Dollhouse” has been plagued by production shutdowns and rumors that Fox executives are uncertain about its commercial appeal, Mr. Beckman said scheduling the show on Friday is simply a byproduct of trying to design the strongest possible schedule for the network.

Mr. Beckman doesn’t pretend that “Dollhouse” and “Terminator” have an easy path ahead of them. But, particularly in the case of “Dollhouse,” Mr. Beckman thinks the less competitive Friday night will give the show a better chance to build an audience than a more high-profile night.

“If we put it on Monday and it didn’t do well, we might have to yank it,” he said. But because Fox’s winter lineup should be solid on Saturday through Thursday nights, “We can afford to let these shows run their course. We can give them 12 or 13 weeks to find an audience.”

Overall, Mr. Beckman said his goal coming out of the 2008-09 season is “to have four tentpoles for next year, and if we surprise ourselves, a Friday night,” he said. “If these moves work, it sets us up nicely for next fall. And with a little luck from our development, I think that for the first time we can put together a schedule that could actually let us be No. 1 in the fall.”

Yeah, it's either find an audience and bring in viewers on their own or they'll both get the ax.

Well this kinda sucks since I'm out Friday nights. I guess I'll just have to DVR them.

DVR the hell out of them, whether you're watching them as they air or not. Hell, do all of us a favor and DRV it even if you have no intention of watching it! If I'm not mistaken, cable/satellite companies can track what's being recorded. Couldn't hurt the show's chances if they can stack the deck in our favor a little bit.

I dig how this looks. So does my fiancée, who is a film snob and very hard to please in the television medium.

i hear they look at how much people watch these shows off their websites too. so when you are done watching dollhouse live, re-watch your DVR of it and then go to the fox site and watch it again. maybe then they'll get the message.:lol

Looking forward to this show as well.

They just had a set back, as Whedon didn't like how some drafts turned out, so he shut production down temporarily.

Still, the Friday night curse doesn't bode well for the show. Here's to hope! ;)

Back