'24' likely cancelled after Season 8

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here. IMO if a series makes it past season 5 its done an admirable job. IMO the only show currently on right now that has a chance to make it this far is Dexter. I just started watching 24 back in November and have been catching up via Netflix. I'm currently on season 6 and season 5 is my current favorite so far. I only managed to watch one episode of season 8 and it just didn't excite me very much so hopefully it can pick up before I manage to get through the rest of the seasons.

And Supernatural.:banana

I never really got past Jack shooting Curtis to save a terrorist.Dipped in and out,started seasons but never really finished them.Not bothered if I miss it.

However.....what has anybody got that can possibly replace it-Glee????

slim hope for more 24 then. i really dont want it to end but have to admit season 8 hasnt had me on the edge of my seat so far. biggest dissappointment apart from the dana/cole story is the lack of new york being utilised in the story and theres no real tension this year.
if anything fresh ideas and new writers are needed, maybe something kinda like the tarantino episode of csi could be done to add a new perspective to the setup.
alot can be done with the 24 universe with a bit of creativity.

slim hope for more 24 then. i really dont want it to end but have to admit season 8 hasnt had me on the edge of my seat so far. biggest dissappointment apart from the dana/cole story is the lack of new york being utilised in the story and theres no real tension this year.
if anything fresh ideas and new writers are needed, maybe something kinda like the tarantino episode of csi could be done to add a new perspective to the setup.
alot can be done with the 24 universe with a bit of creativity.

I think NY is likey going to be utilized more during daylight hours (in a few episodes). The season started at 4pm ... so it got dark within just a few hours of the start, and we won't get to 4am until the end of the March 15th episode. Sunrise probably won't be until 6am or 7am.

There was a lull between the assassination attempt and Renee stabbing what-his-name in the eye. After that, it picked up a bit with the gunifight at the Russian mobster's joint, etc. We're not even through 12-hours yet ... so I think its too early to judge.

SnakeDoc

Sorry to hear it, but this season has been pretty boring and I've never said that about 24. I think the show has just killed off too many great characters.

Ehh, I'd like to 24 cancelled. I started watching it back in Season 1 because it was fresh, original and the writing was fantastic. The show no longer has any of those qualities.

It's more like the butt end of a joke now. I haven't watched it since season 2, but I admire shows like Lost that know when to call it quits and end their run. I hope 24 is over because I like to remember Jack Bauer and his early adventures, not the recycled crap that's been airing for the past few seasons.

If you haven't watched since Season 2 (2003) ... why worry?

I will agree that some of the storylines have become a bit commonplace (at least for 24) ... but, I think 24 could be reinvigorated by a switch to NBC. If it switches, it will be the flagship drama of the network (where House is the Fox flagship), and will have renewed commitment from the network ... likely a multi-season commitment if NBC is going to shell out the money to buy the series.

24 is a longstanding show, and deserves to go out on its own terms (like Lost), not with an abrupt cancellation which will require a quick end-of-season rewrite. I think a shake-up is in order, and the network switch may be just what the series needs. Jack Bauer has become an icon ... give another network and some fresh writers a shot.

SnakeDoc

No no I meant that I hadn't watched Lost since season 2. I knew that sounded confusing, but oh well.

I agree that the show could definitely use fresh writers and storylines, but personally I'd rather see them put to better use creating something new and original. 24, for me at least, has gotten beyond the suspension of disbelief.

I love Keifer Sutherland, and Jack Bauer is a straight up bamf, but I can't sit there and believe in him as a character anymore. I feel like it's just too corny now, how Jack makes it through everything alive and how he always comes out on top. There are still some good moments in the show, that I won't argue, but overall I think 24 is a worn out formula and Jack Bauer needs to retire. For real, this time.

dammit! im not suprised but love 24 so much i dont want it to end. so what do i do next year with no 24 and lost?

Back