Joss Whedon's Dollhouse

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, did anyone watch the series finale? I thought it was a satisfying but rushed end to the show. A bit sad to see...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought it was a nice final scene between Adelle and Topher too.

It's really too bad this show didn't take off better than it did. It had a lot of potential. Oh well.

it got stuck in the friday night timeslot of death :lol

Yes, I thought the finale was pretty good. Although anyone not having seen epitaph 1 might be a bit lost. And he created quite a grand post-apocalyptic world there. The techheads were great characters too and it was interesting to see Victor as one of them.

I liked the series, but it doesn't stick like Buffy, Angel or Firefly - perhaps Joss can create something better for FX.

I liked the ending but not the episode, if that makes sense.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I didn't see Epitaph 1, so I didn't know what the hell was going on for the most part. Would it have killed them to air it last week?

Spoilers:

Has anyone noticed all the storyline parallels to Buffy??
For example:

Buffy: Echo
Giles the Watcher: Langton the handler
Faith (the baddie slayer): Alpha (the baddie active) ----> both of whom become good at the end.
Angel: Paul <--- The forbidden love thing, definitely
Topher: Willow - Brilliant minds, both of whom almost destroyed the world when they lost control of their power
The sidekick Scoobies - Both shows had 'em
Wolfram and Hart: Rossum Corporation
Let's not forget - Both shows had an apocalypse of worldwide proportions!

There were so many parallels, it started to bother me... lol.

P.S. About the manual wipe EMP bomb that blew up Topher in the last ep... The guy can create a weapon that could completely wipe out mankind's brains in an instant but he can't come up with remote to detonate the EMP bomb?? Puuuulease. LOL.

Last edited:
The guy can create a weapon that could completely wipe out mankind's brains in an instant but he can't come up with remote to detonate the EMP bomb?? Puuuulease. LOL.

I think the point was that he understood that as long as he was alive, there would be potential for him to be used to hurt more people. He knew that for the world to go back to "normal" he and his ideas would have to die.

I think the point was that he understood that as long as he was alive, there would be potential for him to be used to hurt more people. He knew that for the world to go back to "normal" he and his ideas would have to die.

1) Couldn't he have just wiped that technology from his mind?
2) There's no real reason to believe that the wiping technology isn't still out there anyway. As bright as Topher was, he wasn't the only techno-geek in Dollhouseland.

On the most part, season 1 worked for me as did part of season 2. I was hoping the Rossum Corp was going to have a doll in the White House and that's where the final battle was going to take place. Sadly, the whole Mad Max thing didn't work for me. It all came off quite corny and dated.

Also, did you get the sense that Harding (and his Rossum flunkies) ultimately got what he (they) wanted? This guy was a powerful multibillionnaire who practically held the world in the palm of his hand. By the end, he did little more than live in hiding and jumped from one body to the next. Was this life in any way better than the one where he lived in lavish luxury? People that powerful aren't generally in such a rush to lose that much control of things.

The show should have ended with someone in the White House. We should have seen how powerful the Rossum corp could have become as opposed to just seeing this unravelling mess of things. There's no real story to that. It became a Zombie killing spree. That's no fun.

Last edited:
On the most part, season 1 worked for me as did part of season 2. I was hoping the Rossum Corp was going to have a doll in the White House and that's where the final battle was going to take place.

I'm sure that's where it was headed, for a more grand conspiracy, but that was around Ep. 6, or so right?? I'd imagine around that time was when they got the axe.

Back