Joss Whedon's Dollhouse

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chapter 2099

Super Freak
Reaction score
The brilliant mind behind series like Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Firefly is back with an all-new show. Created by Joss Whedon, starring Eliza Dushku, Dollhouse is what fans of the "Whedonverse" have been waiting for....

"Hello, Echo. How are you feeling?"

I thought we had a thread for this already? Either way what is the start date on this, I've seen a few previews online and will say my interest is peaked.

Must be on the east coast. DVR states it doesn't start until 9 PST.

I'm sure there are people that might be willing to check it out who don't always go into the Whedonville section, so if a thread in the TV section stirs up interest in the show then I'm all for it.

Thank you, Joss.

I just finished the first episode of what looks like another phenomenal series. I won't spoil anything yet from the West Coasters (where the show has yet to air), but you won't be disappointed.

One thing you can look forward to though: Amy Acker is back in the Whedonverse.

First episode was ok. Dialogue wasn't as sharp as I'd expect from a Joss Whedon show and no standout characters so far. I'll definitely stick with it for a while though to see how the big picture shapes up.

First episode was ok. Dialogue wasn't as sharp as I'd expect from a Joss Whedon show and no standout characters so far. I'll definitely stick with it for a while though to see how the big picture shapes up.

I was more than satisfied, but I don't expect to hear the same dialogue like that of Buffy or Angel. (But I do see your point.) I think Whedon is taking this in a different direction then what we are used to seeing from him. And I'm very much looking forward to that. Remember, Joss is just warming up.

I was more than satisfied, but I don't expect to hear the same dialogue like that of Buffy or Angel. (But I do see your point.) I think Whedon is taking this in a different direction then what we are used to seeing from him. And I'm very much looking forward to that. Remember, Joss is just warming up.

Yeah, I certainly don't expect to hear the snappy back and forth banter of Buffy, but there was no pop to the dialogue at all. Very run of the mill imo. The plot was also very predictable which is definitely out of the ordinary for Whedon. As you say though, it's just getting started and Whedon's strength is in weaving the overall story.

It's well worth a few more watches. I thought the dialog between 'ms penn' and the kidnappers on the phone was great. Also, Eliza is the perfect actress to cover all the aspects of this kind of character.

Yep, Amy Acker is back :)

I liked the first episode. It didn't wow me, but it kept me interested. I'll definitely keep watching to see where it goes.

Back