WELCOME TO THE DOLLHOUSE! Joss and Eliza on Fox again!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be checking this out. I've learned my lesson with Firefly...in Joss we trust. ;) Hopefully we can keep it on the air, although I'm doubtful. It'll be great to see Eliza Dushku on TV again!

Trev

Re: dollhouse

I can't wait for Dollhouse. I am not happy that it will be on Fox but I am hoping that this time they will be more patient with Joss' show. Knowing how his fans are, loyal and such.

like you, i am looking forward to the show. also like you, i expect Fox to cancel it well before it's time. :banghead:cuss:banghead

Tahmoh Penikett is really good on BSG. I'm not sure who Dichen Lachman is, but she looks Whedonesque to me. :D

Sounds interesting, I'll give it a watch. Although sounds like it could be another earlier cancellation.

I think this one might last more than one season... Eliza might be a good audience bait now that she made an actual good choice (staying with Joss instead of going a different direction, like she did before, with a mediocre series like Tru Calling). I don't know what will Dollhouse be like, but we all agree, with Joss on board, it'll be at least another 11 episodes great cult show.

Hey, 7 is great - they could have only ordered the pilot or 6 episodes. No network is going to give a full order for a new show, it just isn't done any more unless Spielberg is behind it.

Fox orders 6 so they can only show 2 and then cancel. But ya never know - who would have thought Prison Break would go to 4 seasons and have a spin-off? The idea of 24 was laughed at when it was first announced. So perhaps Fox will give Joss a chance this time.

Hey, 7 is great - they could have only ordered the pilot or 6 episodes. No network is going to give a full order for a new show, it just isn't done any more unless Spielberg is behind it.

Fox orders 6 so they can only show 2 and then cancel. But ya never know - who would have thought Prison Break would go to 4 seasons and have a spin-off? The idea of 24 was laughed at when it was first announced. So perhaps Fox will give Joss a chance this time.
yes but both "24" and "prison break" got full seasons right away. could that have contributed to their success? absolutely, cuz it gave time for the show's to grow and they were able to have long interesting story lines. 7 episodes isnt long enough to get a good story going in a new series especially when you gotta spend a couple episodes to introduce the show and set up a plot.

Actually Prison break was initially a 13 order the first season and then the back 9 got picked up.

I'm not sure about 24, but it could have gotten the full 24 at once due to the different format.

Just because a show only gets an order of 6 doesn't mean the first season won't have 22 episodes if it's successful.

Is there a date when this will start airing? I can find articles about the show but nothing that says when it will air. I'm ready to start watching!!! :D

They haven't even shot the pilot yet. It could be here in September, but I'm betting Fox will burn off all 6 episodes starting in January and not even consider extending the order.

More casting news from Joss.

Hi campers. We're having the read-through of the script today. Why would I be nervous? YOU'RE nervous! Anyhoo, I just couldn't resist letting you know that the recurring roles have actually been cast for some time now. I'm shocked that any part of our casting process hasn't been leaked somehow. And though I'm a fan of secrets, I'll give you the last two pieces of this particular puzzle:

November (who will be recurring but does not appear in the pilot) will be played by the luminous Miracle Laurie.

Dr. Claire Saunders will be played by... yet another name I'm gonna have trouble remembering how to spell... Amy Acker.

All in all, pound for pound, soup to nuts, man vs beast, it's a pretty amazing ensemble. I'm not sure how I landed this troupe, but rest assured I'm gonna write bestest good word for talkacting to them yes! They're in good hands.

Onward... to adventure! -j.

Now I'm imagining a crossover with Bones where Saunders and Booth think there's something very familiar about each other.

Back