Unaltered OT Appreciation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys drew first blood, not me!

Now that you all had your fun derailing and bashing my thread, I'm the crazy one, right? I'm suppose to take it? Maybe you guys should think before you chime in on something, before you go on a bash feast and rip things apart! !

The PT RULES!!!!!!!!:chew

You really do seem to post delusional things. If you look at that thread I posted on your side of the fence. :cuckoo:

how bout a crayon colored zombie monkey?
zm_crayon.jpg

close enough?

I can't stand the prequels. And yeah, I would prefer the original versions of the first 3 films, but the "special edition" versions don't bother me too much. I bought those on DVD (before the original versions were released, of course), and enjoy them all the same. I just try to ignore the stupid new additions, where possible.

The PT can never ruin the OT for me largely because of the lack of any congruity to them; the PT is completely different in tone, aesthetic, and theme. From the first few minutes of The Phantom Menace (filled with such racial oversimplification) I knew that the two would have to be viewed seperately.

That said, just give me the damn OT in the original aspect ratio on Blu.

:peace

You guys drew first blood, not me!

Now that you all had your fun derailing and bashing my thread, I'm the crazy one, right? I'm suppose to take it? Maybe you guys should think before you chime in on something, before you go on a bash feast and rip things apart! !

The PT RULES!!!!!!!!:chew

The whole reason this thread was created was to keep them out of the other by giving them another venue for the :censored. You're kinda undermining that bud by ranting here. I'd say leave well enough alone. Jedibear put a stop to it there by posting some very sound advice that would apply here as well.

deadhorse.gif

Last edited:
Elitists unite!

The PT forever tainted the OT. It's unfortunate, but true. I can't watch ESB now and still see Vader as a supreme badass thanks to those crap movies.

Sadly, they even ruined RotJ for me (everything after Jabba's palace, anyway) because now you can obviously see it was "the beginning of the end" for George Lucas.

Hi Nam.

Elitists unite!

The PT forever tainted the OT. It's unfortunate, but true. I can't watch ESB now and still see Vader as a supreme badass thanks to those crap movies.

Sadly, they even ruined RotJ for me (everything after Jabba's palace, anyway) because now you can obviously see it was "the beginning of the end" for George Lucas.

Hi Nam.

Hi RJ! :wave

The PT can never ruin the OT for me largely because of the lack of any congruity to them; the PT is completely different in tone, aesthetic, and theme. From the first few minutes of The Phantom Menace (filled with such racial oversimplification) I knew that the two would have to be viewed seperately.
:goodpost:

That said, just give me the damn OT in the original aspect ratio on Blu.
:lecture

I fully support this thread... the PT has its moments and I do enjoy them overall; but they just aren't as good to me. Its not like the Matrix where I deny the existence of sequels, but still not my preference.

The SE on the other hand I really dislike. I can deal with a lot of the stuff, but the ____ they did to ROTJ is just unforgiveable. The stupid Jabba's palace song and other parts make it nearly unwatchable.

Really hoping Lucas does the right thing and gives us a HD unaltered Trilogy along side the umpteenth version of the SE :lol

.... just gotta say.....

Smells like smug in here
:monkey1:monkey3
<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/4UdmYInXplY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

I grew up with Star Wars when my country was ruled by Soviet Communists, and SW was like a beacon of freedom and light for the kids here. I watched SW (ANH) and ESB on cinema, but later Ceausescu didn't allow ROTJ to be played in cinemas in Romania, so I watched it on a VHS tape at a friend.

OT is something different for me than PT, OT it is a part of me, and always will be. I watch PT, I even watch CW, but they will never be able to get to the level OT is. Period.

Now that is dedication... even if the whole place is being taken over by the Empire, you don't leave the Ice Cream Maker!!!

Meh. I won't be happy until I see Jar-Jar in Empire, Watto in ANH saying to Luke in Mos Eisley "You looka like somebody I usta know....little ani?", every stormtrooper with their helmets removed all looking like adjusted versions of Morrison, Ziro in Jabba's palace and Ashoka Tano and a mess of younglings all surrounding Obi-Wan (who will be replaced by Ewan McGregor's likeness), Yoda (again CGI'd), Mace Windu and Hayden Christenson all standing smiling back at Luke during the celebration scene in ROTJ.

(Sarcasm meter rising yet?)

Back