Confirmed Upcoming 1/6 Star Wars Releases: Hot Toys & Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI, Hong Kong convention (ANICOM/ACGHK) is starting tomorrow (the 27th) and will last until the 31st. e might have a few reveals/surprises in a few hours.

This thread is always depressing. Looking at all the "confirmed" Sideshow figures and how many I would love to buy.

Admiral Ackbar
Aurrora Sing
Battle Droids- Pilot
Battle Droids- Super
Darth Maul Mechanical Legs
Darth Talon
Droideka
Max Rebo Band- Unaltered Trilogy
Rees Yees
Squid Face
Yak Face

Those were all from a time when Sideshow was making more obscure characters. To their credit they did complete the Bounty Hunters... but I think that's as far down the B-list characters they are willing to go.

So I’m new to collecting 1/6th scale, I own a sideshow Boba Fett and a Han in carbonite that’s about. I’m looking to start collecting here and there any suggestions on what to buy? I really wanted the Vader with Tarkin but missed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I’m new to collecting 1/6th scale, I own a sideshow Boba Fett and a Han in carbonite that’s about. I’m looking to start collecting here and there any suggestions on what to buy? I really wanted the Vader with Tarkin but missed out.

..buy what you like

Star Wars

I think what was meant is that only you can really decide what to get. Things like budget and space are details that no one else really knows. It’s a tricky hobby to try and predict what gets released and when. Buy what you really love and can afford at the time. You’ll probably find your collection will evolve over the years as your interests change, shelf space becomes premium and life situations change. You might end up selling a recent purchase to pick up a grail piece you missed out on years ago. Use the Force. Trust your feelings[emoji846][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think what was meant is that only you can really decide what to get. Things like budget and space are details that no one else really knows. It’s a tricky hobby to try and predict what gets released and when. Buy what you really love and can afford at the time. You’ll probably find your collection will evolve over the years as your interests change, shelf space becomes premium and life situations change. You might end up selling a recent purchase to pick up a grail piece you missed out on years ago. Use the Force. Trust your feelings[emoji846][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks, space is already an issue lol, I own statues and a lot of 6” figures along with a bunch of other things. I have 2 detolfs coming to try to better display my collection. I just bought the empire strikes back Vader with the diorama.

I really love to see a Hot Toys:

- Tusken Raider
- C-3PO (ANH)
- Scout Trooper with Speeder Bike
- Jabba with Throne
- Gamorrean Guard
- Lando Skiff Guard

Plus many more, but those are some current hopes...

I hope we get som announcements tomorrow. I?m getting tired of them just doing marvel figures. I want a 1/4 Luke to go with Vader

Well, it's been a great run of Star Wars figures to be fair with Hot Toys. Besides, their latest Marvel announcement (Captain America from Avengers 2.0) makes me kind of nervous as to what they'll push toward us Star Wars fans. Very likely a repaint or redo.

Well, it's been a great run of Star Wars figures to be fair with Hot Toys. Besides, their latest Marvel announcement (Captain America from Avengers 2.0) makes me kind of nervous as to what they'll push toward us Star Wars fans. Very likely a repaint or redo.

I personally wouldn?t mind a new Bespin Luke since the original is $800

A Bespin Luke 2.0 is indeed the obvious choice for HT to celebrate their 20th anniversary with a STar Wars release. Their first ever Star Wars 12" and, luke their newly POed Cpatain America, it was teased at 2019 Conventions.

A Bespin Luke 2.0 is indeed the obvious choice for HT to celebrate their 20th anniversary with a STar Wars release. Their first ever Star Wars 12" and, luke their newly POed Cpatain America, it was teased at 2019 Conventions.

And for Empire's 40th.

Back