Unaltered OT Appreciation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess i'm in the mix, while I fell in love with the Originals I also appreciated some of the additions, mainly updated CGI ships, hated the added Jabba, Greedo shooting 1st, Jawas falling off Ronto, fighting robots etc etc, they all fall in the JAR JAr stepping in poop category

The Harmy versions really are where its at... those single handedly saved OT Star Wars for me :rock

It can't be said enough. Harmy just made one of the single greatest contributions to cinema history as we know it. Thank God SW is back. :yess:
Word. I finally have a version of Star Wars that I can one day show and enjoy with my daughter with no reservations. I was worried before about how strange she would find it when I kept fast-forwarding past certain scenes, covering her eyes, apologizing for Lucas, etc. :lol

just recently finished gettin my Harmy editions finished,in their separate cases with the cover art,,each disc burned off in HD ( gotta admin the covers and disc art are pretty cool):yess:

So now i have the OT set ( the ones with the theatrical editions as bonus discs),the blu ray set, Adywans edition and now finally completed Harmys..think im covered now lol

I still need to get the cover art and and disc art printed out... I hardly ever print stuff at home so I've been dragging my feet on purchasing a new color cartridge :lol

I've actually found some other DVD covers surfing the web that are more vintage-y, and I was gonna try to get them printed at Kinko's at some point. But. . .too lazy.

Where can I locate these harmy OT HD editions?
Sorry I'm ne to this sort of stuff. Thanks.

Yeah, took me nearly the entire weekend to get the movies... then turned out my DVD's were crap. A word of advice is to buy Verbatim Dual Layer discs; I started with some Memorex and all of them had a 10 second skip at the layer break.

Yeah, took me nearly the entire weekend to get the movies... then turned out my DVD's were crap. A word of advice is to buy Verbatim Dual Layer discs; I started with some Memorex and all of them had a 10 second skip at the layer break.
I also had a hell of time burning mine. I had about a 50% failure rate. I dont know what the deal was same disk I have used to make backups of DVD to carry with me to travel for years yet burning these nothing but problems.

I used Imgburn for mine... and once I had the Verbatim discs it worked like a charm. But this was my first foray into burning movies so I was just trying to follow the directions from Harmy.

Funny thing about the discs is I bought a 30 pack of Verbatim discs off of Amazon and they were cheaper than the Memorex ones I bought at Wal Mart :lol

figured I'd throw up a pic of my homemade set. Yeah, it's not true blu ray, but for me it works perfectly fine.

I also had a hell of time burning mine. I had about a 50% failure rate. I dont know what the deal was same disk I have used to make backups of DVD to carry with me to travel for years yet burning these nothing but problems.

i also found out that verbatim DLs work the best,( the other just dont work)lol
Since ive been using them,ive had not one fail
Imgburn is the way to go

I actually just finished the trilogy of Harmy's Despecialized Edition. Pure Gold. :clap

Han shoots first
No crappy CG Jabba
Boba's original voice
no crappy CG Sarlacc
the Sy Snootles Band
original ending of Jedi, complete w/ Sebastian Shaw

SE additions are mostly misses, but the BD w/ Krayt Dragon call is horrendous, Ewoks blinking???, how dare you add dialogue to Vader during an epic point in the movie, if not the entire trilogy.

Totally agree, there was no need for dialogue there. It was beautifully done in the original unaltered version, Vader's lenses were larger than normal,the close up with reflection of lightning, there was actually expression in the mask! No need for anything else. I guess Mr. Luca$ wanted tidy bookends to Vader's life, starting out with "no" and ending with "No"....

I always got the impression that Lucas thinks that the audience are dummies that can't grasp what's going on, for example the re-explanation of the force in TPM. Obi wan and Yoda's was enough, by adding Qui-Gon's explanation, Lucas pooped on both Yoda and Obi-Wan's . We got it 30 yeas ago George, also in having Vader say " No" at the end of ROTJ. We know how Vader felt.

I like the prequels just fine for what they are -fun. BUT, the constant tinkering by Lucas over the years has put me at my boiling point. For me the last straw is the Bluray.

As such, I'm an autograph collector and am working on a sweet signed frame up/ tribute to Sebastian Shaw as Anakin & Vader. Can't wait to complete it.

Back