Alien Giger Maquette Inside Look

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Giger maquette will be mine! :D

I'm totally okay with the pose, and while I do feel it could have looked way more iconic, it leaves the possibility for me to eventually one day when I hit the lottery to pick up a cinemaquette as well. This piece will definitely compliment the Aliens maquette and fit my display very well. Although he will take up a huge chunk of one section of Besta, standing as he is, he is still going to look marvelous. To me at least. I get all the dislike, but for me, he is very Big Chap, and I can see him sulking around the Nostromo like this at some point off screen. I don't mind the awkwardness at all.

Can't wait! :D

+1 this Alien is awesome great paintjob

As with the Alien Warrior maquette, the finishing on this piece is gorgeous. As I have no plans to buy, I'm not as affected by the pose, but I do agree that there is something off with it. I always preferred the classic Geiger poses of the Big Chap with it's tail curled between it's legs and arms out almost in embrace. I have the four smaller dios and the Queen and the Powerloader dios (as well as a badass chess set) so my little Alien collection is complete (for now;)). Still, if I had the money to burn, I'd snatch up this maquette in a second. Such an iconic character.

Everyone hated the pose on the LOTR ML and that sold out. One way or the other this thing will sell and SS will make their money even if people complain about the pose.

well the ppl on this forum make up such a small % of their market, as long as the quality is great, like it is on the ML, ppl will buy it cause they love the character, thats really what it comes down to. I dont think the pose is that bad, but i have never cared for the character, so the awkward pose would turn me off to any chance of getting this. Right now, I would still rather have the 1/4 Queen. If you just mod the right arm peg, the pose comes out looking much better imo.

well the ppl on this forum make up such a small % of their market, as long as the quality is great, like it is on the ML, ppl will buy it cause they love the character, thats really what it comes down to. I dont think the pose is that bad, but i have never cared for the character, so the awkward pose would turn me off to any chance of getting this. Right now, I would still rather have the 1/4 Queen. If you just mod the right arm peg, the pose comes out looking much better imo.

I agree 100% and I don't hate the pose per say either. It doesn't wow me, but I don't hate it either. People talk as if this thing would never turn that way, ever. We've only seen it briefly in the movie and can't really judge how it would act. The only real thing that isn't accurate is the fingers / hands. If I have the cash I will probably pick it up, but for now I flexed the Warrior first. We will see later.

Ordered mine, the 360 is great!
I always thought the 4 middle fingers were joined together to make 2? Looks wrong to me.

It still has too much of a lean to the left. Made worse from the view directly behind the Alien....

Eh, I'm just not digging it... It's a shame too because I'd rather have the original Alien than the Warrior I already own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back