TitanFall - from the original creators of Call of Duty (Xbox One/Xbox 360/PC)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so I have a decent wired Internet connection, but must be far away from the servers (high ping) cause I rarely get anything other than 2 or 3 bars in the connection status area.....

Oh good. Love flushing those campers out :)
Looking forward to playing this.
Im sure I read somewhere that the grunts get flown in by some of the animals lol

Never seen AI being dropped off, but I have seen those flying mobs grabbing them and flying away with them.

Yeah its harder to camp in this game. With COD if you were up high you would just have to worry about one ledge or ladder as to not get sneak attacked, but in this game an enemy can come from any direction.

Never seen AI being dropped off, but I have seen those flying mobs grabbing them and flying away with them.

Yeah its harder to camp in this game. With COD if you were up high you would just have to worry about one ledge or ladder as to not get sneak attacked, but in this game an enemy can come from any direction.

Yeah they really designed the maps to keep the action going and the players engaging. I love that there's multiple ways to get atop the buildings to find snipers and pick off the Titans.

Anyone download Titanfall for Xbox One?

£55 is quite steep IMO I thought MS would of done it for about £45 being that they want people to go digital but I can't justify that amount when for a few pounds more I can buy the disc & get the season pass

Exactly--the reason digital hasn't caught on with consoles is because the cost is the same as a boxed copy, a boxed copy has more value so the digital version should be cheaper, but they don't price it that way. It's most likely because most game sales are through physical sales at places like Wal-Mart and Gamestop and they obviously wouldn't like it if digital sales were cheaper than what they are selling. Digital will catch on eventually and will be priced better, but it's difficult to force it to happen.

All they gotta do is charge $10 less for a digital version and a lot (more) people would bite. The free download with the Xbox one right now is a step in the right direction

Right, and Gamestop would have a fit

Through digital they actually make more money even if they sold it for $50 rather than $60, both the platform holder and the developer would make more. But they can't risk alienating where they get most of their sales at the moment.

Plus, games are getting much bigger, and speeds in the U.S. haven't increased enough for people to want to download 40GB games.

I wish they would have put something under the campaign mission select that actually tells me which missions I've won. According to my achievements I have roughly 6/9 wins for the IMC and 4/9 wins for the Militia. I have no idea which ones I've actually one (more accurately can't remember) but it would help if they had a little symbol so that I don't have to keep playing both entire campaigns in the hopes that I'll get lucky and win the ones I need.

I wish they would have put something under the campaign mission select that actually tells me which missions I've won. According to my achievements I have roughly 6/9 wins for the IMC and 4/9 wins for the Militia. I have no idea which ones I've actually one (more accurately can't remember) but it would help if they had a little symbol so that I don't have to keep playing both entire campaigns in the hopes that I'll get lucky and win the ones I need.

I think it does. When you go to the missions screen there should be an icon on either side of the bottom picture for each mission. Those are indicators for IMC and Militia. You need to complete the ones that don't have icons.

I think it does. When you go to the missions screen there should be an icon on either side of the bottom picture for each mission. Those are indicators for IMC and Militia. You need to complete the ones that don't have icons.

Those symbols appear when you play the mission regardless if you win or loose. They do need to put a symbol for winning. They also need to have a option for switching between the two factions. Spent 10 minutes this morning just trying to get a the Militia.

Those symbols appear when you play the mission regardless if you win or loose. They do need to put a symbol for winning. They also need to have a option for switching between the two factions. Spent 10 minutes this morning just trying to get a the Militia.

Yeah exactly. Those symbols are for simply playing the missions. No symbol for winning.

I loving it but honestly it's gonna get stale quick. You level way too quick.

Its starting to get stale for me too. I wonder if its because of all the FPS games that have been coming out in the past years and saturating the market. Maybe now its getting to the point where the era of FPS is starting to fade and a new genre will be the new cash cow. I remember back in the days when it was the era of RPG/platforming games until it eventually faded to the FPS craze.

Its starting to get stale for me too. I wonder if its because of all the FPS games that have been coming out in the past years and saturating the market. Maybe now its getting to the point where the era of FPS is starting to fade and a new genre will be the new cash cow. I remember back in the days when it was the era of RPG/platforming games until it eventually faded to the FPS craze.

I doubt it, well not any time soon anyway. It seems to be getting bigger if anything but like anything that gets huge you will also get a big crowd who will tire of it or just dislike it as well. Look at COD for example every year you hear it's dead but a few months down the line Activision end up announcing that there sold a **** load of copies.

But seeing GTA sales last year shows it not all just about FPS.

On a side note just picked up the download game with 3 months Live for £38 on eBay. Much better deal than £55 on the ms store for just the game :yess:

I am enjoying the game but I'm surprised to say I'm not playing it as much as I expected. Usually when I have a new game, I end up spending a good couple of evenings playing it. I've actually played more Diablo 3 this week than I have Titanfall and I haven't played Diablo in a good 6 or 7 months.

It's weird in that the game almost feels like it's half finished in terms of content. I understand that it's because of the lack of a real single player campaign but even the online feels lacking. The number of game modes, the almost lack of customizations. Battlefield and COD have really spoiled us in that regard. I'm hoping that they learn from what everyone has to say and they take it into consideration for the inevitable sequel.

I also wish that the online campaign was a little more elaborate or different from the rest of multiplayer. I like what they did with the intros and the little in game moments before battle but once they're done, it's simply attrition or hard point. It would of been cool to have something like Bf's rush in the campaign or something more of an actual story within the mission.

I actually did the campaign in less than an hour because I didnt even get the 'play titanfall for an hour' achievement. I think they will develop a proper campaign for the sequel.

It's weird in that the game almost feels like it's half finished in terms of content. I understand that it's because of the lack of a real single player campaign but even the online feels lacking. The number of game modes, the almost lack of customizations. Battlefield and COD have really spoiled us in that regard. I'm hoping that they learn from what everyone has to say and they take it into consideration for the inevitable sequel.

I definitely agree with that. That's something I enjoy about COD & BF. I find it gives you something to aim for as well trying to unlock that gun or perk.

I still wish there was a pilot deathmatch without the titans but I guess they can't being that the game is called titanfall. As much as I'm enjoying this game I can see myself playing COD & BF more FPS wise

I am enjoying the game but I'm surprised to say I'm not playing it as much as I expected. Usually when I have a new game, I end up spending a good couple of evenings playing it. I've actually played more Diablo 3 this week than I have Titanfall and I haven't played Diablo in a good 6 or 7 months.

I also wish that the online campaign was a little more elaborate or different from the rest of multiplayer. I like what they did with the intros and the little in game moments before battle but once they're done, it's simply attrition or hard point. It would of been cool to have something like Bf's rush in the campaign or something more of an actual story within the mission.

Wow same here, I still have titan fall sitting in its wrapping and been glued to playing d3 atm. With ff coming Monday and RoS to follow I may return it

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Back