The Walking Dead (Xbox Live Arcade and PSN)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Downloaded the Trial and actually quite enjoyed it, it does seem restricting compared to most games but it does capture TWD feel of not needing to go and pick fights with Zombs

Considering getting it

I downloaded it last night, but haven't had a chance to play it yet. I'm not expecting much gameplay wise, but hopefully the story will be good.

Played it for a bit today. I'm digging it. Its very similar to Heavy Rain. Very much a choose your own adventure game with quick time events now and then. So not much gameplay to speak of, but the story looks to be interesting and I like how your conversation decisions have an impact. I'm pretty optimistic. If you're a big WD, I think you should check it out.

Just finished the first episode. It's only about 90 minutes or so, but I really liked it. The whole story will end up being $25 which really isn't too bad. I could see replaying too, to see how different choices affect things.

The interface isn't as detailed as Heavy Rain, but structurally, it's almost identical. The writing is nicely done as is the voice acting and character animation. I'm definitely looking forward to episode 2.

Just finished the first episode. It's only about 90 minutes or so, but I really liked it. The whole story will end up being $25 which really isn't too bad...

$25 for 90 minutes of gameplay???

Seems expensive for that short of a game.

$25 for 90 minutes of gameplay???

Seems expensive for that short of a game.

No, there is a total of five episodes, with each coming one month after the other. The first episode is the only episode available right now, and it's only $5, and for FIVE DOLLARS you get at least two hours of game time! :clap

It really is good, I give it a 9/10.

At a slight discount, you can buy all 5 episodes now for $20, and you'll get the other four episodes when they come out for free. Otherwise, you'd have to pay $25 total if you pay for each one as they come out.

No, there is a total of five episodes, with each coming one month after the other. The first episode is the only episode available right now, and it's only $5, and for FIVE DOLLARS you get at least two hours of game time! :clap

It really is good, I give it a 9/10.

At a slight discount, you can buy all 5 episodes now for $20, and you'll get the other four episodes when they come out for free. Otherwise, you'd have to pay $25 total if you pay for each one as they come out.

Okay, cool. That's not bad. :)

Just downloaded the trial tonight, Its really cool. The main guy is a clutz though. Will pay for the full game soon, this will be a good place holder til season 3 comes out.

Just downloaded the trial tonight, Its really cool. The main guy is a clutz though. Will pay for the full game soon, this will be a good place holder til season 3 comes out.

Man, you're not kidding how many trips and drops did he do in just this one episode? I think he trips at least 5 times.

i finished episode 1 a while ago and am very pleased with the game, cant wait for ep 2. overall i think i'd give this game a 9 out of 10. the timed decisions really suck because sometimes you cant read all of them, other than that the game and story are great.

i finished episode 1 a while ago and am very pleased with the game, cant wait for ep 2. overall i think i'd give this game a 9 out of 10. the timed decisions really suck because sometimes you cant read all of them, other than that the game and story are great.

i agree, the timer sucks!!...sometimes it goes so fast and im like WTF:slap...but loving the game other then that.:yess:

Does he start to walk faster?

Lee never once ran while the player is in control, he just walks around ( annoyingly slow ) yeah now that you mention it thats another thing that sucks, the main character always walks and there's not a button that im aware of that makes him run. didnt remember till i read your post so it must have not bothered me enough to notice during the game........does that make sense???:slap :lol

I meant as it goes on, in the trial he's limping about and its frustrating, so he doesn't stop that? :(

That a trope of gaming, one never wants to walk because they are so used to running :lol

Last edited:
Finished the first episode today and I really enjoyed it. At least this will help tide me over until season 3.

I meant as it goes on, in the trial he's limping about and its frustrating, so he doesn't stop that? :(

That a trope of gaming, one never wants to walk because they are so used to running :lol

oh yeah he loses the limp. :lol

Playstation Plus has been having this one for free. I must say that it is absolutely fantastic. I'm really hoping for episode 3 this week. :pray:

Comics, tv series, video game.. This franchise hasn't failed me yet.
Both ep 1 and 2 are ****ing awesome. I really hope the others stay this good.

I wouldn't be surprised if the fps didnt suck

Back