Walking Dead busts from Gentle Giant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. Yes i think your right, disappointing paint apps, i dont know why i was expecting something different from GG.
And is it the photo, or is his revolver bigger than his head?

The pics do make it look a bit worse than it is in person, but yeah, the paint apps aren't nearly as nice as Michonne. And yes, hatted is definitely the way to go.

The revolver is longer than his head, but not 'bigger' :lol Looks just right to me.

One thing I do like is that his left eye is squinted a bit. While that may look a little goofy for a bust, it makes sense since he is aiming his revolver. So I do like that little touch, intentional or accidental since he would be lining up his sights. I still have no idea how he's such a great shot with a revolver :lol

I'd like the WD statues they are doing, but they'd better step up their game on the paint apps for those.

Got my Rick today. He is a tad orange... like one too many coats with the spray tan. The likeness is a bit off (the box pic is a lot better) but overall with the hat its decent.... not nearly as good as Michonne though.

Got my Rick today. I think it turned out pretty good. I didn't notice any globs of paint or anything like that. Here's a few pictures.

Nice pics. he doesnt look TOO bad there.
Still waiting for mine. I might have to just be patient and wait for final judgement till i see this in person, GG 'human' busts can be often misleading in photos, especially with flash.
One thing i really liked about the proto was it looked like they gave him a slight neck lean as you often see him do, but in the final prod piece looks like they straightened him up, which i didnt like.
GG Human busts need a lot more texture too, their skin paint apps are just too smooth and stone looking.

Finally recieved mine. No pics yet.
Not as bad as i thought, but worse than i was hoping for.
- Dont like the pink nail polish.
- orange skin
- badges very dull in colour.
- sloppy paint all round.

Got mine. I think it looks great, especially with the hat. Paint job is nice. No problems on my end.

For a bust, from GG especially, that's pretty terrible, imo. There's absolutely no excuse for the sculpt softness and all that paint slop. What did they just dry brush yellow over the arm patches?! Grave rubbings with a charcoal stick are neater looking.

I hope mine gets lost in the mail...

Quick crappy pic . . .

I really like them . .

bq74.jpg

Okay.

Did anyone get an email tonight from Gentle Giant stating that their order had shipped? I got one....but I received my Rick Grimes bust WEEKS ago.

What gives?

Okay.

Did anyone get an email tonight from Gentle Giant stating that their order had shipped? I got one....but I received my Rick Grimes bust WEEKS ago.

What gives?

Yep, same for me... I was thinking maybe Darrell was done early until I looked at my account. Weird.

Okay.

What gives?

Got the same thing. On a side not anyone pick up the well walker? I saw that its available on the GG site. i ordered one from EE and they havent shipped yet.

Back