The Legend of Conan starring Arnold Schwarzenegger!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will never dispute that Cameron was an amazing director and made some of the most iconic films of all time. TERMINATOR/2 , ALIENS and TRUE LIES are some of my all-time favorite films, but unlike some fans I’m willing to admit when an artist has lost their touch. Spielberg hasn’t made anything decent in a LONG time and I doubt he’s going back to the RAIDERS days, and has permanently fallen into “drama hell”, WAR HORSE … seriously!? This is the man who made the best adventure film/trilogy of all time (INDY) and brought dinosaurs back to life, and now he’s making all these long winded (and boring) epics. Cameron to me has fallen in the same way, now it’s all about Rom-Fiction. Unless there is a drastic change, I won’t be lining up for any Cameron films, and I sure as hell hope he does NOT return to the Terminator universe.

I think these guys are still making good films. They're no longer in their golden age but with Spielberg I enjoyed Minority Report, Munich and War of the Worlds. Cameron has only done Titanic and Avatar since True Lies in 94' but I'd have to say that I enjoy both of those films aswell. :dunno

Don't start it... don't forget what happened the last time you whined and snapped into your drama about me quoting you...:wave

Class act... making fun of Vitiligo...

Don't go and attempt to ruin this good news by trying to make some silly point about Arnold being unfit to play this there, short ****.

I think these guys are still making good films. They're no longer in their golden age but with Spielberg I enjoyed Minority Report, Munich and War of the Worlds. Cameron has only done Titanic and Avatar since True Lies in 94' but I'd have to say that I enjoy both of those films aswell. :dunno

eh, it all comes down to personal taste I guess. I did like MINORITY REPORT a lot, but that was 10 years ago, nothing good since despite Spielberg making film after film. Cameron really broke me with TITANIC and AVATAR was barely mediocre to me. I just hope the new CONAN turns out as epic as the first film was and has the same feel and look as the first one – and I really think Jason Mamoomoo shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near the set or else his big ape ass will ruin it.

I agree. In a recent interview 60 Minutes did with Spielberg he basically said he can do action films in his sleep (unless Lucas is involved)... It's the dramas that challenge him now. I think after all these years he's earned the right to make what movies he wants.

Personally, I can't wait to see Lincoln. And Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, and Munich show how good he can do drama.

I do admit War Horse was meh...

While I am massively pumped for this, I just hope he takes it seriously, and he is not relegated to dumb humor like his character in Expendables 2.

And regarding Spielberg, can't efffin wait for Lincoln! :rock

Wasn't he in talks to do a Conan movie just before he went off to become the guv? Glad he finally got his priorities straight.

Crom!!!!!!

This is gonna be great! :clap:clap:clap:yess:

I'll give it a shot because Arnold is the greatest.
:exactly: Absolutely!!! :lecture :rock

Awesome news.

I read right through the thread, & I'm really pleased to see the positive responses here for Arnold reprising the role.

Man.. how insanely cool would it be - as someone earlier mentioned, for HT to do a run of Conan figures?!!

Long live Arnold!! :yess:

Wasn't he in talks to do a Conan movie just before he went off to become the guv? Glad he finally got his priorities straight.

Crom!!!!!!

This is gonna be great! :clap:clap:clap:yess:

On the commentary for Conan the Barbarian, he talked about realizing that they needed to do a third with Conan as king.

His DVD commentaries are hilarious! All he does is describe what's going on in the movie as he watches it.

Tons of un-pc moments I'm sure. Man I've been missing out! Might as well grab Total Recall's commentary too.

Back