The Legend of Conan starring Arnold Schwarzenegger!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... oh joy. more "me-um bash-um good-um" Conan...

VERY LOW expectations on this. Much prefered the Momoa movie. Atleast that one "FELT" like Conan.

Momoa was more compelling as a mute on Game of Thrones than he was in his performance as Conan.

I know this is going to be blasmephous to say but to me the original Conan was just ok. I would much rather see a Second Mamoa Conan then a Third Arnie One.

Agree. So Very much agree.

Conan is not some big musclebound doof. He's smart, he's straong, he's fast. He plays up the "musclebound oaf" thing becuase its what people expect, then he uses it to his advantage.

Oh very true, i was just stating out of the people to play Conan. Ahnud has cemented his place as Conan

Right, but even Arnold isn't a perfect representation of the original character. I know plenty of people who are fans of the literature, who didn't much care for Arnold either.

Me, personally? MORE AHNUD!

Momoa was more compelling as a mute on Game of Thrones than he was in his performance as Conan.

Not really sure what was wrong with his portrayal. Elaborate?

To many of us who are fans of the books and comics, Ahnuld's conan is just about as bad As Topher Grace's Venom. Just dosn't work.

Oh very true, i was just stating out of the people to play Conan. Ahnud has cemented his place as Conan

I'll give you that. It's not the governator's fault, its the script's fault for having Conan Written that way. Ahnuld did fine with what he had, and he is more or less what people tend to think of when tehy think of conan, kinda like Jack nicholson Joker was for a LOOOONG time.

The original's a solid action/fantasy movie. Certainly there are no Oscar worthy acting turns, but there's nothing wrong with the script, the score is legendary and everyone is sufficiently charismatic enough in their respective roles to make up for any acting deficiencies.

It's a fun popcorn movie, but I wouldn't call it groundbreaking, or anything like that... I like it and enjoy it, but this new movie has the potential to suck even worse than the original... having the F&F writers might actually help it! ;)

At least it was the movie, not just pacific rim jobs :dunno

I have no idea what you're talking about...
But then again, we've established that your standards for movies are quite dubious... *cough* Riddick *cough*
:lol

... oh joy. more "me-um bash-um good-um" Conan...

VERY LOW expectations on this. Much prefered the Momoa movie. Atleast that one "FELT" like Conan.
:exactly: Never understood the love for Armies Conan. I guess if Conan is supposed to act dumb and fight slow then I guess he's your guy. The acting was horrible, the fight scenes a joke. Mamoa may not have been quite big enough but to me he was a much more believable Conan than Arnold.

ETA I will say though that if this looks good that I will watch it. I didn't hate the original, I just don't think it deserves all the praise it gets. I've been a fan of Conan for at least 30 years. In every comic or paperback I've ever read about Conan he is seen or described much more like Mamoa than Arnie.

Last edited:
Plus, I'm pretty sure that Nam said that was right after the dude had some sort of medical thing.

Yup, right after heart surgery. Fools will talk all kinds of **** about him there, but he was/is in far better physical condition nearing 70, then they've ever been. :lol

Here's a shot from November of last year:

01-arnold_schwarzenegger.jpg

Last edited:
Back