The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't disagree more. The ending was so inspiring, heroic and uplifting. It showed him coming back from his emotional grief, moving on, and protecting the city he loves. He even threw in some typical Spider-Man comments and mannerisms (I can't remember exactly, but he did something with the megaphone and said something funny to Rhino). He wanted to show everyone that he's still Spider-Man and he will always be there. Then the cut to black with the theme coming full force and the logo appearing... perfect.

To end the film on such a downer with Peter simply grieving would've been a bad move. This is Spider-Man. We don't want a Dark Knight Batman depressing ending. We don't want our hero on the run. We don't want him emotionally traumatised. We don't want a hero that disappears for 8 years.

Spider-man's return was what was needed here. And an inspiring return it was.

It seems kind of silly like in the first movie the man dying wish is for him to leave his daughter alone and since he cannot help himself he still pursued her which caused her to be roped into his ongoing struggle with the villains. It just seems kind of strange how at the end of the movie it has to end on a positive note. And if you wanna follow the comic he is devastated with the death and it takes Mary Jane to bring him out of that. When he recovers in 5 months of the death of his beloved it seems as though you know it was all for naught. They could have used his grief to fuel him in the third movie.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

It seems kind of silly like in the first movie the man dying wish is for him to leave his daughter alone and since he cannot help himself he still pursued her which caused her to be roped into his ongoing struggle with the villains. It just seems kind of strange how at the end of the movie it has to end on a positive note. And if you wanna follow the comic he is devastated with the death and it takes Mary Jane to bring him out of that. When he recovers in 5 months of the death of his beloved it seems as though you know it was all for naught. They could have used his grief to fuel him in the third movie.

He does try to leave her alone, their relationship dynamic changes. But he's in love with her, maybe you don't know what that's like but I can assure you that plenty of dads out there have asked a young guy not to mess with their daughters and gone ignored. She's also the one that puts herself in danger, not Peter, because she loves him back.

He isn't recovered or over her. He learns that he can still grieve her but carry on the way Aunt May is. She doesn't forget Ben but she doesn't lay down and die with him. Peter still grieves Gwen but has a greater responsibility as Spiderman. That's his curse. And in the end, he mans up and accepts that while he's still broken and hurt, he's going to defend his city anyway. It's the very definition of hero. Sacrificing himself and his peace of mind so others won't have to suffer. Far and away the best ending to a comic movie. It was the idea of "with great power comes great responsibility" actually playing out instead of just being a catch phrase.

They can still show him coping with her death in the next movie, especially if he gets the symbiote suit and it feeds off his anger and aggression.

Last edited:
He does try to leave her alone, their relationship dynamic changes. But he's in love with her, maybe you don't know what that's like but I can assure you that plenty of dads out there have asked a young guy not to mess with their daughters and gone ignored. She's also the one that puts herself in danger, not Peter, because she loves him back.

He isn't recovered or over her. He learns that he can still grieve her but carry on the way Aunt May is. She doesn't forget Ben but she doesn't lay down and die with him. Peter still grieves Gwen but has a greater responsibility as Spiderman. That's his curse. And in the end, he mans up and accepts that while he's still broken and hurt, he's going to defend his city anyway. It's the very definition of hero. Sacrificing himself and his peace of mind so others won't have to suffer. Far and away the best ending to a comic movie. It was the idea of "with great power comes great responsibility" actually playing out instead of just being a catch phrase.

They can still show him coping with her death in the next movie, especially if he gets the symbiote suit and it feeds off his anger and aggression.

I think in both movies it is a little too convenient how quickly he is able to recover from any of these circumstances. If they're going for a more ground and look that is kind of thing that they should avoid.

it's too neatly tied up. Comparing it to the Dark Knight Rises and how Bruce Wayne stop being Batman or he gave up he didn't give up he accomplish his goal ridding the city of the organized crime although it was at the cost of a lie. With the introduction of the Harvey Dent act he and Jim accomplish their goal but in order to do so they had to compromise on the truth and that is probably what was eating him up as well not only the death of his beloved. the movie clearly attempts to explore that you can't have the truth built on a lie and the means are just as important and he only returns as Batman whence the police cannot tackle Bane.

I think they should have handled Gwen's death as they did in the comic where he is devastated and he is having difficulty Mary Jane is introduced maybe in the third movie helping him pull through when the city is in danger and he returns.

It was just so weird like how they ended it he's making cracking jokes and is back in action like nothing happened.

Last edited:
Death isn't going away anytime soon.

When it happens, the living still need to continue living.

Making a few jokes while saving the city is not extreme. :lol

When your parents or friends or family die, you take a day or two or maybe a week off work depending on the severity and how close the person is. You don't go into seclusion for 8 years. If everybody did that, Society would not function. Bruce Wayne is a baby with some serious emotional distress he never learned how to handle. Remember, he never even dated Rachel. He stalks her, literally.

Yea batman *****ed out compared to Spiderman. he was still hurting inside but he knew he had a job to do and he set out to save the city. batman just whined for 8 yrs over some ugly chick who didnt want him. Thats the character of spiderman and they did that really well. Even though spiderman looses everything and gets the short end of the stick he comes back with a smile on his face and saves the world without a complaint.
Batman wouldnt whine for 8 yrs about a dead GF. Sorry but he wouldnt. Jason todd was batman's most haunted death for a long time and while it hurt him deeply it only motivated him even more to pursure crime even harder than he usually would. Thats a main reason why I hate TDKR becuase batman wouldnt sulk for 8yrs over the death of a girl he crushed on.

Again this is a grounded take on these characters for me the way it end with spiderman Gwens death never made an impact hell spiderman got over it well its business as usual. If the movie just ended right when harry was telling the guy to assemble the team it would have been fine but this rhino intro and see spiderman back in action like nothing happened made the previous scene lose its impact. Especially after him confessing his love for here on the bridge and not to mention that she did not just die she died because he couldnot keep his promise so he is indirectly reponsible.

The dark knighr rises was the last movie in the series so I expected him to withdraw from society he was always masquerading as bruce wayne so that was never really him and when he took the fall for dents crime he could not be batman again as for the dent act to pass he need to keep the lie going.

Last edited:
When your parents or friends or family die, you take a day or two or maybe a week off work depending on the severity and how close the person is. You don't go into seclusion for 8 years. If everybody did that, Society would not function. Bruce Wayne is a baby with some serious emotional distress he never learned how to handle. Remember, he never even dated Rachel. He stalks her, literally.

But what if your family member was murdered brutally like Gwen and it was your fault? Not just that, Im sure Gwen's family is on Peter's mind as well, that's a lot to deal with. Also Bruce is a billionaire and has the luxury of never needing work a day in his life, Peter is a broke teenager. I get what Moose is saying, and I actually would have liked if they went that route more, but I enjoyed the ending we got, so I can't really complain.

I guess that's how I feel about this movie as a whole, I'm content with how it turned out, but it also could have been a million times better. This is the only series going right now that is actually a cash-grab, you really can't argue that, it doesn't feel like sony is really handling the Spider-Man property with love and care, all they see are money signs. I just hope the rushed world building pays off, for a movie that crammed this much in it, I think it came out pretty good, but with a better overseer of the property it could have been great. Hopefully I don't think the same thing next week with DOFP, fortunately Singer is a much better, experienced director than Webb, and DOFP is undoubtably more ambitious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But what if your family member was murdered brutally like Gwen and it was your fault? Not just that, Im sure Gwen's family is on Peter's mind as well, that's a lot to deal with. Also Bruce is a billionaire and has the luxury of never needing work a day in his life, Peter is a broke teenager. I get what Moose is saying, and I actually would have liked if they went that route more, but I enjoyed the ending we got, so I can't really complain.

I guess that's how I feel about this movie as a whole, I'm content with how it turned out, but it also could have been a million times better. This is the only series going right now that is actually a cash-grab, you really can't argue that, it doesn't feel like sony is really handling the Spider-Man property with love and care, all they see are money signs. I just hope the rushed world building pays off, for a movie that crammed this much in it, I think it came out pretty good, but with a better overseer of the property it could have been great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spiderman 2 got that at least right because peter tells Mary Jane that he can never be with her because he will always be spiderman , I not saying he should not come back but how he will. The death of Gwen Stacy the comic was before my time but I've read pieces of it on the internet in the comic Glen is unaware of who Spiderman is she does not know it is Peter so even makes it even more you know interesting in fact she hates Spiderman because she blames him for her father's death. I think they should have kept that part of that she doesn't know doesn't know who he is. So what happens in the third movie is it going to like fall in love with Mary Jane everything's going to be fine. I would like to see some fallout of what on display in part 3

Spiderman 2 got that at least right because peter tells Mary Jane that he can never be with her because he will always be spiderman , I not saying he should not come back but how he will. The death of Gwen Stacy the comic was before my time but I've read pieces of it on the internet in the comic Glen is unaware of who Spiderman is she does not know it is Peter so even makes it even more you know interesting in fact she hates Spiderman because she blames him for her father's death. I think they should have kept that part of that she doesn't know doesn't know who he is. So what happens in the third movie is it going to like fall in love with Mary Jane everything's going to be fine. I would like to see some fallout of what on display in part 3

Mary Jane playing a major part in Peter’s redemption would have been perfect.

Completely Agree

This film felt like the last movie in trilogy and not the 2nd one. It didn't leave me with the "I can't wait to see what happens next" feeling.

Whoever they cast to be Mary Jane is going to have it rough because it will be hard for her to have the same chemistry that Emma Stone had with Andrew Garfield.

I think Emma Stone should have been Mary Jane if they planned on doing more than 3 films.

b5e46848822898c3834ebae565d2c8c6.jpg

um batman stayed hidden in part because all of gothams police were after him to much heat... id love to see spidy fuction if ever cop in new york turned on him get ur facts straight about bats first before you ***** !!! it only took gwens dads swat team too almost capture spidy... it how ever took the entire gotham police department to not catch bats... the truth IMO !!!

um batman stayed hidden in part because all of gothams police were after him to much heat... id love to see spidy fuction if ever cop in new york turned on him get ur facts straight about bats first before you ***** !!! it only took gwens dads swat team too almost capture spidy... it how ever took the entire gotham police department to not catch bats... the truth IMO !!!

Um Spidey functions all the time when the cops are not on his side. He even was framed for the murder of an Officer and and functioned just fine but he wanted to clear his name with the help of daredevil. Cops shoot at spiderman all the time. Spidey doesnt get inside info from the cops like batman does. SO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT! Bale Bats was a panzy IMO

Back