The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hilarious Cracked article about how Spiderman 2 is just like Batman and Robin :lol :lol

https://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/4-bizarre-choices-that-doomed-the-amazing-spider-man-2/

FP526Gl.png

Obviously the person writing that is trying to be clever, finding superficial similarities and highlighting them. In general, the Schumacher similarities are pretty restricted to the silly treatment of Max IMO. Having said that, Rhino played a significant role in moving the narrative along. He helps to set the initial tone of the film, and expectations about the Spider-Man hero character in the beginning, and then brings a concrete resolution to the post-Stacey personal conflict at the end of the film. I don't recall Bane having much of a purpose in the Schumacher film, but I haven't watched it in many years.

Obviously the person writing that is trying to be clever, finding superficial similarities and highlighting them. In general, the Schumacher similarities are pretty restricted to the silly treatment of Max IMO. Having said that, Rhino played a significant role in moving the narrative along. He helps to set the initial tone of the film, and expectations about the Spider-Man hero character in the beginning, and then brings a concrete resolution to the post-Stacey personal conflict at the end of the film. I don't recall Bane having much of a purpose in the Schumacher film, but I haven't watched it in many years.

even as a joke (which it is) , their similarities in looks and in their motives are kind of funny to notice :lol

Back