Hot Toys - MMS246 - The Amazing Spider-Man 2: 1/6th scale Electro Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just snagged this with the $92 off code. I'd been on the fence a while for this one. I'm a huge Spidey fan and have all the Spidey characters Hot Toys have made, but was kinda unsure if I wanted this one cause I knew I'd never get that Rhino or Goblin for a full Amazing Spidey 2 display. Now if they'd just drop a promo code with that much of a price reduction on Mandarin I'd pull the trigger on him as well.

Just snagged this with the $92 off code. I'd been on the fence a while for this one. I'm a huge Spidey fan and have all the Spidey characters Hot Toys have made, but was kinda unsure if I wanted this one cause I knew I'd never get that Rhino or Goblin for a full Amazing Spidey 2 display. Now if they'd just drop a promo code with that much of a price reduction on Mandarin I'd pull the trigger on him as well.

Popcultcha have Mandarin at $149.99 AUD (free shipping in Australia, not sure about overseas). That's the cheapest I've seen him... Plus for a limited time they have a promo code (10EGGS) which will take a further $10 off :lecture

Just a head up

Popcultcha have Mandarin at $149.99 AUD (free shipping in Australia, not sure about overseas). That's the cheapest I've seen him... Plus for a limited time they have a promo code (10EGGS) which will take a further $10 off :lecture

Just a head up

Thanks for the heads up. I may just order him once I get my next payday, cause that's a good price. I've never ordered from Popcultcha. They fairly reliable?

Just a head up

Thanks! Just ordered on Popcultcha

Usually you know which figures will just sit there for years. This was one of them. Surprised SS ordered so many. It was so obvious no one would want it.

The only exception was the Mandarin because we didn't know about the plot twist. Figues like this, Tonto, Jor-el, etc were destined to be worthless. I honestly wouldn't buy one for $10 unless it was to flip (for $20!) and I'm as big a Spidey fan as they come.

Received Electro today and I know it''s only opinion, but I'm not sure where all the hate comes from for the figure... I took a chance on it based on the photos on this thread tbh, and it's excellent imo. I wasn't a fan of ANY of the Spidey movies or any of how the villains have been portrayed (which can also stem to further Marvel films but we won't get into that here...), but I'm always optimistic about movies until I see them for myself (fingers crossed for the Spiderman re-re-boot). He is an awesome looking figure, especially displayed just levitating above the ground. Couple that with his menacing look and slick costume, it's a great figure. I only bought him to add to my villains side of things, and he fits in nicely. He's worth the money I spent ($90 off coupon!). Having said all that though, I'm glad I didn't purchase him at full price, perhaps a bit light on for a full-priced figure...
Just my thoughts :lecture

I agree. I have this figure too. I don't usually base my purchase of characters on how they were in the movie or how good the movie is(sometimes a performance can put me over but not usually) . I just like the figure.
Received Electro today and I know it''s only opinion, but I'm not sure where all the hate comes from for the figure... I took a chance on it based on the photos on this thread tbh, and it's excellent imo. I wasn't a fan of ANY of the Spidey movies or any of how the villains have been portrayed (which can also stem to further Marvel films but we won't get into that here...), but I'm always optimistic about movies until I see them for myself (fingers crossed for the Spiderman re-re-boot). He is an awesome looking figure, especially displayed just levitating above the ground. Couple that with his menacing look and slick costume, it's a great figure. I only bought him to add to my villains side of things, and he fits in nicely. He's worth the money I spent ($90 off coupon!). Having said all that though, I'm glad I didn't purchase him at full price, perhaps a bit light on for a full-priced figure...
Just my thoughts :lecture

I will buy this figure, as soon as I get money. Hopefully next month. I really liked the film and I like the character and the figure. Wish they would have kept his comic book costume, but I think this is okay.

Peoplealways complain that Hot Toy never goes far enough into a license, and when they do, people complain that they don't want this figure.The likeness here is good, I think most people will agree with me, but a lot didn't like the character or the design in the movie (or the movie itself) and I can understand this. But we should all be glad when Hot Toys does something else than the main character.

I have no interest in Star Wars, but I think its great for the collectors and the society in general, that Hot Toys takes chances. We get this really off characters that we would never get otherwise.

I just noticed on sideshow that this guy is sold out. I was tempted because I dig the character and figure a lot but never jumped on it. Still available at BBTS though. The code must of got people to jump and buy.

Back