The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think SM2 might just have a little too much "Raimi" in it where SM1 just feels more like classic Spidey to me. Kind of how some people are put off that Batman Returns feels like there's just too much Burton in it. Of course if you just straight up love Raimi's style then I can see why you wouldn't consider that a criticism.

Ah. I'm not much of a Raimi guy at all, as in I'm not really familiar with his films outside of Spiderman, so I don't really see that. I just see Spiderman films.

Have you seen Darkman? I actually really like that movie but it's very 90's Raimi. To me SM2 feels like it could exist in the same universe as Darkman where SM1 feels more timeless and therefore both classic and modern at the same time. AoD, Darkman, The Quick and The Dead, and SM2 kind of exist in this weird little "Raimi bubble" to me and SM1 almost could be in the same universe as IM or The Avengers.

I guess I just have to come to terms with the fact that other individuals don't hold the same opinions or views as me.

Bummer.

I don't get the complaints about possible collateral damage. Batman blew up cars in TDKT for all we know some grandmothers were in them. The army shot at hulk on a college campus where student ps could've been hit. Pretty much every superhero movie has the possibility of bystanders being hurt, it's the greater good that's important.

This movie was probably the one to most show a superhero saving lives than any others which are more about fighting villains. We had a good bit of Spidey helping New Yorkers

No worries

That’s true, I think the people of NY constantly just going towards danger instead of running away from it seemed weird to me. They didn't really seem worried that their lives could be in danger.

I do get I'm being a bit nitpicky though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think SM2 might just have a little too much "Raimi" in it where SM1 just feels more like classic Spidey to me. Kind of how some people are put off that Batman Returns feels like there's just too much Burton in it. Of course if you just straight up love Raimi's style then I can see why you wouldn't consider that a criticism.
To me SM2 feels like it could exist in the same universe as Darkman where SM1 feels more timeless and therefore both classic and modern at the same time.
It's just you then. SM1 is as Raimi as it gets and SM2 is simply more massive thus more Raimi protruding.

Man this thread went Topsy turvy huh? But anyway This movie is by no means the "batman and robin" of spiderman movies. it could of been worse and lets hope it doesnt get worse and it had its moments. The ending was well done but it just wasnt THE spiderman movie that could revive the franchise it just made people hae it even more. Now when 3 comes they will either have to bring in the big guns with venom or do an entirely different story. People just arent invested in this story.

Now kids may like it and this is the best spiderman on screen, suit and all. The quips and everything are great but everything else is just off. See if Marvel had the rights to spiderman the whole parent thing would be more interesting because peters parents were agents of shield and worked under nick fury and that would of been fun to see spidey uncover. Anyway they have to do somthing really convincing to sway people to watch a third movie.

Or this could be backwards. Two movies not praised by fans and a third movies loves by all. Who knows.

Man this thread went Topsy turvy huh? But anyway This movie is by no means the "batman and robin" of spiderman movies. it could of been worse and lets hope it doesnt get worse and it had its moments. The ending was well done but it just wasnt THE spiderman movie that could revive the franchise it just made people hae it even more. Now when 3 comes they will either have to bring in the big guns with venom or do an entirely different story. People just arent invested in this story.

Now kids may like it and this is the best spiderman on screen, suit and all. The quips and everything are great but everything else is just off. See if Marvel had the rights to spiderman the whole parent thing would be more interesting because peters parents were agents of shield and worked under nick fury and that would of been fun to see spidey uncover. Anyway they have to do somthing really convincing to sway people to watch a third movie.

Or this could be backwards. Two movies not praised by fans and a third movies loves by all. Who knows.

Doubtful. I bet Marvel would've kept true to the source in everything from Peter's parents to the Osbornes and OSCORP involvement in anything.

Doubtful. I bet Marvel would've kept true to the source in everything from Peter's parents to the Osbornes and OSCORP involvement in anything.

I believe this . It's like sony doesn't know what to do with his villains they come off as a joke spidey has a lot of great stories to draw from yet they can't get it right .

Khev,

what are you doing later, want to watch ASM2.

danny-devito.jpg

Khev,

what are you doing later, want to watch ASM2.

You're on.

Well Khev's favorite movie ever is, I think, First Avenger. He also likes Spider-Man 1 more than 2. Probably likes Mad Max more than Road Warrior and Star Trek: the Motion Picture more than Wrath of Khan.

Correct! I love Max's transition from police officer/family man to renegade and the V8 Interceptor > Semi truck.

Hey remember the finale of DOFP? It was awesome that no good guys or bad guys died. The best movies are the ones where nothing happens I say. :lecture

I do remember everyone dying in the beginning though.

Other than Mission Inpossible, I don't think I've ever seen that before.

Back