The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These reboots have really made me appreciate the Raimi series a lot more, I find myself even enjoying Spiderman 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right? i mean the music and the drama was just amazing. Nothing in this new series has matched the end spiderman swing scene in the first movie. Im almost moved to tears by how amazing that shot is.

Right? i mean the music and the drama was just amazing. Nothing in this new series has matched the end spiderman swing scene in the first movie. Im almost moved to tears by how amazing that shot is.

Yea, the originals pretty much beat the reboot in every department from the score, action, heart, cohesive narrative, etc….

I just wish Hot Toys would give us the Dafoe GG, and Molina Doc Ock that we so rightfully deserve.

I still have hope though for the new series, I really like Garfield as an actor, he has the potential to be the perfect Spiderman, but hopefully Sony takes the underwhelming success of these reboots as a lesson, and deliver on S6 and TASM3.

Yea, the originals pretty much beat the reboot in every department from the score, action, heart, cohesive narrative, etc….

I just wish Hot Toys would give us the Dafoe GG, and Molina Doc Ock that we so rightfully deserve.

I still have hope though for the new series, I really like Garfield as an actor, he has the potential to be the perfect Spiderman, but hopefully Sony takes the underwhelming success of these reboots as a lesson, and deliver on S6 and TASM3.

That sinister six movie is a bad Idea to me. It just feel wrong. What the hell would it be about without spiderman? I mean will harry be the main character? It's just a dumb idea. Andrew is a good spiderman but bad peter parker imo. Tobey was the better peter as peter is supposed to be very akward and not boasting with confidence. Overall spiderman was good in this movie the rest was just not well done. Electro could of been better if he was on his own

That sinister six movie is a bad Idea to me. It just feel wrong. What the hell would it be about without spiderman? I mean will harry be the main character? It's just a dumb idea. Andrew is a good spiderman but bad peter parker imo. Tobey was the better peter as peter is supposed to be very akward and not boasting with confidence. Overall spiderman was good in this movie the rest was just not well done. Electro could of been better if he was on his own

Yea, I pretty much agree with everything you said, but what S6 has going for it, is it’s the first superhero movie of its kind. A film featuring just villains could be awesome, if they’re actually written better, and have some sort of character development, this can really be a great way of expanding the Spidey universe, and build hype for The Amazing Spiderman 3.

Is Spiderman confirmed to not make an appearance? That would suck.

Last edited:
Yea, I pretty much agree with everything you said, but what S6 has going for it, is it’s the first superhero movie of its kind. A film featuring just villains could be awesome, if they’re actually written better, and have some sort of character development, this can really be a great way of expanding the Spidey universe, and build hype for The Amazing Spiderman 3.

Is Spiderman confirmed to not make an appearance? That would suck.

See thats the thing nobody knows it feels like sony is running around the office scrambling for ideas to make a good movie just to keep the rights to this franchise. They have to do some very hard convincing if they want people to see spiderman 3. My opnion? Drop this whole parent **** and do a timeskip with a mid 20s spiderman. Adapt a saga into a film. Do the clone saga, symbiote saga, Last hunt saga, anything to get audiences back in interest.

There was just somthing magical about the old spiderman films that this franchise doesnt have. i thought it would get it right with this film but didnt. i wanted to give it a chance solely because of spiderman but i just find this franchise decent. Im only saying its decent because of how big of a spiderman fan I am.

Spider-Man 3 was extremely disappointing back in 2007, and thinking about how hyped I was for a sequel after how great 2 was, it only made things worse. They really botched it.

After seeing what Sony churned out for 2012 and 2014 though? It makes Spider-Man 3 look like the second coming. Atleast we got to be invested in Peter and Harry's friendship for two film's prior and see that pay off instead of "hey bro, they just wrote me in the story, I haven't seen you since kindergarten!". I'll also take Sandman and Venom over ****ing Brolectro and Kid Goblin. I didn't think an unnecessary "team up" could get any worse after Spider-Man 3, but boy was I wrong. :lol

Come to think of it, Django and Harry didn't even work together to take Spider-Man down! Atleast Venom and Sandman had a plan and almost killed Spider-Man until Harry arrived.

Come to think of it, Django and Harry didn't even work together to take Spider-Man down!

Yep, that was cool. They had overlapping agendas but weren't a "team." I'm glad they didn't go the SM3 route that you love so much. Seeing Spidey fight single villains in succession was reminiscent to how villains rotate in and out of his life in the comics.

We don't know if Spider-Man won't be in it.

Peter Parker is presented differently in different versions. Andrews Peter is less golden age awe shucks Peter and more Ultimate modern young adult Peter

After seeing what Sony churned out for 2012 and 2014 though? It makes Spider-Man 3 look like the second coming.

tumblr_mctr69dcEs1r32l76o1_500.gif

See thats the thing nobody knows it feels like sony is running around the office scrambling for ideas to make a good movie just to keep the rights to this franchise. They have to do some very hard convincing if they want people to see spiderman 3. My opnion? Drop this whole parent **** and do a timeskip with a mid 20s spiderman. Adapt a saga into a film. Do the clone saga, symbiote saga, Last hunt saga, anything to get audiences back in interest.

I haven't seen ASM2, so that would get me in. I only read Kraven's Last Hunt and the complete Symbiote saga, but I'd love to see it all adapted. I would be ecstatic if they got the Death of Jean DeWolff.

I don't understand why they relied so heavily on the parent mystery so much. I'm a fan of the comics, and I didn't care about it. Not to say, if I don't care about something no one should, because I don't feel that way at all. I just wasn't aware.

I'm really hoping the Venom movie turns out well. Is that supposed to be a solo movie? That would be a bummer, because the cool thing about Venom was how he stalked Peter, and felt like a victim. It would be wonderful, as you suggested, to do the Symbiote saga, and then bring him in. That scene where he terrifies Mary Jane in his first appearance, is one of the best villain entrances ever.

If they did it, it would easily be my favorite Superhero movie. And if they could get this fight in:

330px-Spider-manvsvenomfirstmeeting.jpg

I'd die, happy! Sorry for rambling so much! I saw you mention the Symbiote saga, and got all excited!

Yep, that was cool. They had overlapping agendas but weren't a "team." I'm glad they didn't go the SM3 route that you love so much. Seeing Spidey fight single villains in succession was reminiscent to how villains rotate in and out of his life in the comics.

Honestly, I think if they had, it would've helped sell the film better vs. playing out like a video game with boss levels. :lol

Honestly, I think if they had, it would've helped sell the film better vs. paying like a video game with boss levels. :lol

Kid Goblin was like that surprise boss at the end of a game. You know, the second one they throw at you to kill time after you think you've fought the last one?

Then you fight him and it's kind of anti-climatic because he really, really sucks.

Kid Goblin was like that surprise boss at the end of a game. You know, the second one they throw at you to kill time after you think you've fought the last one?

Then you fight him and it's kind of anti-climatic because he really, really sucks.

Yup. It's a shame the movie ended when it did. After the stupid disappearing oatmeal-faced Brolectro battle Gwen won, and then the Jim Carey overacted DiCaprigoblin fight that undermined the entirety of Gwen's death scene, Bayformer Rhino was looking to be the best fight in the film and then BAM... credits.

You guys are nuts. Say what you want about how silly Kid Goblin looked or how rushed their "friendship" was but that movie absolutely had a great ending. You guys of all people should appreciate a hero who doesn't quit or retire or be an ass to the government and instead mans up when all is lost and still shows up to do what needs to be done, with an upbeat attitude that inspires those around him no less.

You guys are nuts. Say what you want about how silly Kid Goblin looked or how rushed their "friendship" was but that movie absolutely had a great ending. You guys of all people should appreciate a hero who doesn't quit or retire or be an ass to the government and instead mans up when all is lost and still shows up to do what needs to be done, with a upbeat attitude no less.

So you wholly support ********* Parker who's willing to break deathbed-sworn promises, put his loved ones in the middle of danger while fighting some of the most horribly conceived cinematic villains and then mourn the loss of said loved ones for less than a year? You should be praising MoS. :lol

Khev, I'm honestly surprised you're so passionate about this movie, Jye too. Even though we don't share the same opinion, I've got to say I admire how adamant you are. Not only is it bad to me, I can't even muster the strength to criticize it because there's not enough for me to remember.

I thought I kind of had a feel for your tastes as far as movies go, so I guess I just find it odd that ASM2 seems to be your cup of tea. Loving the suit and web swinging sequences is one thing, but the story, villains, characters, lack of focus, etc. I dunno. You even acknowledge these things and still love it! I want what you're drinking. In fact, is there a comic book movie you don't like!?! I get the feeling your MoS jokes are a ruse and in reality, ya dig it too!

Khev, I'm honestly surprised you're so passionate about this movie, Jye too. Even though we don't share the same opinion, I've got to say I admire how adamant you are. Not only is it bad to me, I can't even muster the strength to criticize it because there's not enough for me to remember.

I thought I kind of had a feel for your tastes as far as movies go, so I guess I just find it odd that ASM2 seems to be your cup of tea. Loving the suit and web swinging sequences is one thing, but the story, villains, characters, lack of focus, etc. I dunno. You even acknowledge these things and still love it! I want what you're drinking. In fact, is there a comic book movie you don't like!?! I get the feeling your MoS jokes are a ruse and in reality, ya dig it too!

Surprised he doesn't take that same stance on the Special Editions. :lol

Back