The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TTNDOfO.jpg

Whether I agree with all, at least they're all respectable choices, it's not like Khev sat through the latest Transformers flick twice in a day or anything....:monkey3

All right well if anyone really is keeping score no I don't prefer TFA to TWS or Star Trek the Motion Picture to Wrath of Khan. TWS, Khan, ESB, and ALIENS are all sequels I prefer to the original. Usually that isn't the case though. DOFP is definitely my favorite X-Men movie which is insanely rare for whatever number that movie is in the series. :lol

All right well if anyone really is keeping score no I don't prefer TFA to TWS or Star Trek the Motion Picture to Wrath of Khan. TWS, Khan, ESB, and ALIENS are all sequels I prefer to the original. Usually that isn't the case though. DOFP is definitely my favorite X-Men movie which is insanely rare for whatever number that movie is in the series. :lol

Seventh Wolverine movie (or the sixth Wolverine sequel). :wave :lol

Wolverine and the X-Men
Wolverine United
Wolverine's Last Stand
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Wolverine's First Class
The Wolverine
Wolverine's Days of Future Past

Last edited:
Ha, you've got to stop comparing it other superhero movies like TWS and GOTG and look at it only against other Spidey films. Regardless of ASM2's flaws there's no way I'm choosing another one over it (not even S2.)

It's got some of the best comic to screen action EVER and Gwen's death is on par with Superman crying over Lois in STM. Good stuff.

Nice to see you back Nam.

Guardians was ****ing great IMO. Just what these type of movies should be.
I didn't warm to TWS, well because there was nothing to warm to. But I did think the action scenes were outstanding. But Cap and Widow were as sterile and cold as ice. First Cap movie I actually didn't like Evans in. As I've said before technically amazing but pretty joyless and completely out of place with the rest of the current Marvel movies.

ASM2? Well, I can tell you hate it already, but personally the sheer exhilaration of seeing the opening Spidey shots on a huge screen in 3D justified the entire movie for me. Did it all work? nah, not at all. But some of it was really great. I guess a lot of peoples subjectivity is based on whether they liked Raimi's movies or not. I'm in the Not category.

GOTG was OK... Nothing special... I don't get the love. I thought all the characters were underdeveloped. I think that is why I thought a tree that said nothing but "I am groot" was the best character. The Villain for some reason gets mega love also... And he did nothing special to make him stand out. Then it had that whole boring scene on the villain's ship that could have been left out.

It was OK and enjoyable enough... But personally I don't understand why everyone thinks it's so great. Just My opinion of course....

I thought Spidey 2 was better... Mostly because I found myself smiling at a comic book being truly brought to life on the big screen... The fact that I was looking at the 5th film about the Web Head and the action was still fun and Exciting. Far from perfect but not deserving of the hate IMO.

DOFP was good but not really any better or worse then the other Singer X films... More Wolverine getting his a$$ kicked and more Magneto getting the best "WOW" factor scene by lifting something huge!

TWS blew both films out of the water. I have to see it a few more times before I can call it the best comic book film... But as of now it is darn close.

I 101% agree with what JAWS just wrote.

Those are my exact feelings.

GOTG was fun, but no Avengers or TWS.

Some things just didn't work for me, music was the best part.

DOFP I won't even buy on dvd

Last edited:
DOFP was good but not really any better or worse then the other Singer X films... More Wolverine getting his a$$ kicked and more Magneto getting the best "WOW" factor scene by lifting something huge!

:lol

But at least it was the best Wolverine-gets-his-ass-kicked-while-Magneto-lifts-something-huge movie ever made. :lecture ;)

TWS blew both films out of the water. I have to see it a few more times before I can call it the best comic book film... But as of now it is darn close.

ASM2 was good while TWS blows away everyone else. Always good to see another person who knows what he's talking about. :)

I need to watch TWS again. The first viewing didn't quite make clear to me why it's being hailed as a triumph over all other things.

I need to watch TWS again. The first viewing didn't quite make clear to me why it's being hailed as a triumph over all other things.

I didn't like TWS. Fantastic action sequences. Technically great. But felt like a hyped up Bourne movie.
The characters were flat and joyless. These were not the same characters I loved in The Avengers.

And Chris Evans make up was ridiculous in it, he was wearing more than black widow.

:lol

Back