The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I kind of had a feel for your tastes as far as movies go, so I guess I just find it odd that ASM2 seems to be your cup of tea. Loving the suit and web swinging sequences is one thing, but the story, villains, characters, lack of focus, etc. I dunno. You even acknowledge these things and still love it! I want what you're drinking.
Yeah. He's just one step away from being one of those deluded T2 fans.

Then there's Kara, doesn't love Cap 2 enough, loves X-Men DOFP too much.

You guys are nuts. Say what you want about how silly Kid Goblin looked or how rushed their "friendship" was but that movie absolutely had a great ending. You guys of all people should appreciate a hero who doesn't quit or retire or be an ass to the government and instead mans up when all is lost and still shows up to do what needs to be done, with an upbeat attitude that inspires those around him no less.

:goodpost:

I too hated the way the fight with Rhino just cut off at the end. On the one had I can see why they did it but on the other, considering how weak the climactic battles with Electro and Goblin were, I was hoping for a decent Spiderman set-piece to close out an overall disappointing film and maybe make it less disappointing.

Then there's Nova who would have liked a Spider-Man movie regardless if it was pewp or not, cuz Uncanny Webslinger.

Then there's Nova who would have liked a Spider-Man movie regardless if it was pewp or not, cuz Uncanny Webslinger.

I'm not blind. I understand and agree with the most common complaints such as an unfocused story & too many sub-plots but I find the hate to be exaggerated. It was an okay movie, not great not terrible

I'm a bit conflicted on the ending. As an emotional high note, demonstrating that Spidey overcame the trauma of Gwen and his self doubts, I think it worked exceedingly well. Particularly the part where he talks to the kid (the scenes with him dealing with kids in this movie were spot on Spider-Man). But I was also disappointed we didn't get to see him dismantling Rhino. If he had done that, would it have taken anything away from the other stuff? I don't think so. This isn't like No Country for Old Men, where the filmmakers are making a point by not showing what happens. And on top of that, you would get a (presumably) successful fight to really cap off the story, and could see the bad guy being carted away. And he could have finished him off in about 2 minutes, and I think folks would be fine with it, since that clearly wasn't the real conflict of the film. But ultimately, it didn't bother me too too much.

Then there's Kara, doesn't love Cap 2 enough, loves X-Men DOFP too much.

I actually thought Nova was kind of harsh on this one, considering his usual stance on Spidey properties. I've seen him call out several of the weaknesses of the movie since its been out. He definitely hasn't been crusading this as a perfect flick.

I haven't been in this thread since May (or a little later, I recall making comments about those lolzy deleted scenes), so I wouldn't know. So forgive me Nova.

Saw this thread get get bumped up repeatedly and wanted to see what all the ruckus was about.

You guys are nuts. Say what you want about how silly Kid Goblin looked or how rushed their "friendship" was but that movie absolutely had a great ending. You guys of all people should appreciate a hero who doesn't quit or retire or be an ass to the government and instead mans up when all is lost and still shows up to do what needs to be done, with an upbeat attitude that inspires those around him no less.

The ending has huge problems as well, when I realized that mom would get her son front row seats to the Rhino show, a huge mech that shoots bullets getting ready to duke it out with some cops, it kind of took me out of the ending. Then of course, with plenty of spectators around, Spidey just starts knocking missiles left and right putting everyone else in danger, it was as if Spidey was tapping into his inner MOS Superman.

I did like what they were trying to do with the ending, but the movie in general feels like it was directed, written, and edited by a 5 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The ending has huge problems as well, when I realized that mom would get her son front row seats to the Rhino show, a huge mech that shoots bullets getting ready to duke it out with some cops, it kind of took me out of the ending. Then of course, with plenty of spectators around, Spidey just starts knocking missiles left and right putting everyone else in danger, it was as if Spidey was tapping into his inner MOS Superman.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl to part in bold.

Yeah, they really shouldn't talk about grounding these things in 'reality' and then do the stuff that I've underlined in your post.

I don't get the complaints about possible collateral damage. Batman blew up cars in TDKT for all we know some grandmothers were in them. The army shot at hulk on a college campus where student ps could've been hit. Pretty much every superhero movie has the possibility of bystanders being hurt, it's the greater good that's important.

This movie was probably the one to most show a superhero saving lives than any others which are more about fighting villains. We had a good bit of Spidey helping New Yorkers

I haven't been in this thread since May (or a little later, I recall making comments about those lolzy deleted scenes), so I wouldn't know. So forgive me Nova.

Saw this thread get get bumped up repeatedly and wanted to see what all the ruckus was about.

No worries

Khev, I'm honestly surprised you're so passionate about this movie, Jye too. Even though we don't share the same opinion, I've got to say I admire how adamant you are. Not only is it bad to me, I can't even muster the strength to criticize it because there's not enough for me to remember.

I thought I kind of had a feel for your tastes as far as movies go, so I guess I just find it odd that ASM2 seems to be your cup of tea. Loving the suit and web swinging sequences is one thing, but the story, villains, characters, lack of focus, etc. I dunno. You even acknowledge these things and still love it! I want what you're drinking.

Don't try and figure out my tastes, everything is case by case with me. :D

In fact, is there a comic book movie you don't like!?! I get the feeling your MoS jokes are a ruse and in reality, ya dig it too!

There are some movies I can laugh at, but still like. MOS definitely qualifies. Parts of TDKR too. I really do like those movies but I have to be in the right mood to watch them.

As for cbm's I don't like? Well, let me say I don't *want* to dislike any of them. And in a way they're kind of like the Jurassic Park movies where just seeing the subject matter convincingly on screen is half the entertainment right there. So I do prefer to be forgiving rather than let little things ruin them. But I definitely don't like the FF movies, the Ghost Rider movies, X-Men 3, Wolverine Origins, or SM3. Those movies are worse than even the Schumacher Batflicks to me because I can't even laugh at their absurdity. They're just plain bad. I'm pretty "meh" on Daredevil, Green Lantern, IM2, The Incredible Hulk, and Ang Lee's Hulk. So that's a pretty good chunk that I don't care much for or outright dislike.

SM2 hasn't aged that well for me but I do still really like SM1.

Favorites are:

CA:TWS (duh)
CA:TFA
GOTG

Nolan Trilogy

The Avengers

IM1

ASM2
ASM

Thor/Thor 2

Batman 89

STM/MOS (I rate them about equally, it just depends on my mood, do I want to watch good Superman or evil Superman? :))

Back