Superman (July 11th, 2025)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But as not a huge Superman fan I think it looks fine. I don’t know why people are so angry.

It’s not better then the cavil suit tho imo

I hate to be negative but that looks really awful. I don't even really mind the collar, but the texture of the suit looks "rubbery" for lack of a better word and the all the lines just feel unnecessary, even the boots look too busy with the lines.

I'll reserve final judgement for how the suit actually looks in the movie/post production, but right now I think even Hoechlin's CW suits look better.

This looks like the New 52 suit, collar and all. Need to see it in action but I'm not a fan of the lines they have running along the suit. Really sick of modern costumes using it so much.

GM6LpnDWIAARuby

8onrs6ri7ls61.png

I hate to be negative but that looks really awful. I don't even really mind the collar, but the texture of the suit looks "rubbery" for lack of a better word and the all the lines just feel unnecessary, even the boots look too busy with the lines.

I'll reserve final judgement for how the suit actually looks in the movie/post production, but right now I think even Hoechlin's CW suits look better.
Yeah even the Hoechlin suit dropped the unnecessary panel lines it had early on, and just went for a simple texture. Only issue is how heavy handed the muscles are painted on, but I'd still take that over a New 52 suit with cheesy panel lines and a collar.

tyler-hoechlin-gets-to-work-filming-superman-lois-season-3-02_1.jpg

I don't get why his eyebrows look bleached? Not only on this picture but on previous pictures as well.
About the suit I hate it, especially how baggy it is. No matter what design, Superman suits have always been skin tight. I don't get it. Look too busy, based on the promises I was expecting something similar to Reeve's suit but with a modern take. Collar absolutely ruins the entire thing for me. Guess that suit has no Kryptonian hystory.

Here are my thoughts.

Positive:
Happy for the red trunks and yellow belt. David looks like Superman.

Neutral:
The Kingdom Come inspired emblem looks fine. No comment on the fit of the suit until I see more pics.

Negative:
Not a fan of the panel lines, the high collar, or the way the cape works it way into the suit.

Back