The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You sat through TF4 twice in one night then washed that down with a TF1-3 marathon. Quit your boo hooing. :lol

Kelsoburn-o.gif

Since people are talking about Spiderman in the Star Wars thread, I came here to talk about Star Wars. ;)

Soooo.... How would you feel if Disneys animation arm began producing Star Wars movies as well?

Even with it's faults, TDKR stomps the piss out of ASM 2.

This, so much this lol Even though TDKR isn't a great film, ASM 2 is in no way rewatchable, I sat through it once and won't do it again, the first one is miles better than the 2nd, at least that had a steady plot that made sense. I don't have high hopes for the future of spider-man right now, god only knows what they are going to do with the green goblin lol

TDK was like meeting a really hot 18 year old girl that was totally in to you.

TDKR was finding out her camel toe was really just a rolled up man sausage, and her name was Fred.

ASM1 was like getting kicked in the nuts.

ASM2 was like getting a cold pack and a vomit bucket.

I'll take a bucket over man sausage any day of the week. :lol

I don't get the hate for ASM, it's underwhelming but I don't see it as a bad film, it's paced well, well acted, scripts alright, actions pretty good. TDKR I get the hate, I just don't hate it, it's good, but that's it.

ASM 2 is just bad, acting is good with peter, gwen and spider-man, but everything single thing besides that was awful lol
sorry, spider-man can be as spot on as possible but that doesn't make a good movie.

I thought ASM 1 was average. Not very good, not bad, just middle of the road and pretty forgettable. ASM 2 had serious pacing and story-related issues, but it nailed Spider-Man as a character in a way no other movie has, so I actually appreciate it more than ASM 1 for giving us that at least--something that sets it apart in a good way from other films. TDKR had some scripting problems of its own, but benefits from the quality of the performances and production which were extremely high. TDKR primarily fails because it doesn't live up to its predecessors, but it beats the living hell out of POS, er, MOS. I have a hard time ranking TDKR and ASM 2, because they both excelled and failed in different ways.

I think one of the main reasons people hate on TDKR is that it was a follow up to TDK, a hard act to follow in every way; Ledger won an Oscar for Christ's sake. TDKR was a good film with good performances, it was just overshadowed by it's much better predecessor.

ASM 2 didn't have that, the first wasn't groundbreaking or revolutionary, it wasn't a tough act to follow in the least, and yet, ASM 2 managed to drop the ball.

I think one of the main reasons people hate on TDKR is that it was a follow up to TDK, a hard act to follow in every way; Ledger won an Oscar for Christ's sake. TDKR was a good film with good performances, it was just overshadowed by it's much better predecessor.

ASM 2 didn't have that, the first wasn't groundbreaking or revolutionary, it wasn't a tough act to follow in the least, and yet, ASM 2 managed to drop the ball.

Yea I can see that, Nolan was on a role with one great movie after another and then BAM, he fell asleep at the wheel and drove that van right off a cliff

index.php

Hopefully Intersteller won't be like the end of that gif, but spider-man 3, I'm not so sure about.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=103824

In a recent interview with Collider, Alex Kurtzman was quizzed on the status of The Amazing Spider-Man 3. That movie was originally pencilled in for a 2016 release, with a fourth instalment tentatively scheduled for 2018. Throw in the announcement of Sinister Six and Venom spin-off's, and it seemed like Sony had big plans for this franchise...until the recent sequel was met with a mixed response by critics AND fans, and earned about $300 million less than the studio predicted after spending a whopping $250+ million on it. "It’s still in conversation," Kurtzman told the site. "Everybody is still figuring it out. It’s all up for grabs, right now. We’re just trying to figure it out."

As for Venom, Kurtzman revealed that the plan was/is for it to come out after Sinister Six and he is indeed still attached to direct. When a Black Cat movie was suggested due to the demand for more female led superheroes, he replied: "Anything is possible. We are always looking for opportunities like that. I can’t say a whole lot about it, but I wouldn’t rule anything out." And if that wasn't vague enough for you, here's what he said about any sort of possible connection between Sinister Six and Venom. "Everything is still on the table, right now. Because it’s a universe outside of the Spider-Man universe, even though it’s connected to it, those movies have to stand on their own. So, we’ll see. We’ll see how it goes."

Everything is still on the table? Sony are clearly rethinking their plans, and with Roberto Orci recently hinting at the fact that the franchise is in limbo, another reboot (or certainly a new team of writers and a new director) are probably very likely for The Amazing Spider-Man 3. Now, who wants to bet that the spin-off's never see the light of day? Sound off below!
Read more at https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=103824#cqOdUXGsQKuAmF16.99

Personally, I get the hate. I have learned to join hate with love at certain times. ASM stuff I mostly just hate/like though.

Back