The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My god, by the time that rolls around Garfield will be an almost-was-has-been! :panic:

It is the 4th highest grossing film so far this year worldwide, with over $700,000,000. Expectations must have been pretty dang unreasonable to expect significantly more than that IMO. The first one only did about $50 million more.

. . . with over $700,000,000 . . .

That was the marketing budget alone. :lol

FRB2SM-01-main-900x695.jpg

Reboot it. And start PP out in HIS 30's! (we need a Spider-MAN)

It seems like this is the only route to take. No more teen BS. Make him a man who is struggling with his job and well into his spiderman career. Or he can cameo in avengers..... right?

It is the 4th highest grossing film so far this year worldwide, with over $700,000,000. Expectations must have been pretty dang unreasonable to expect significantly more than that IMO. The first one only did about $50 million more.

That was the marketing budget alone. :lol

FRB2SM-01-main-900x695.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

2 things that suck

Spiderman movies and USPS.

Can't wait for the day when movies that don't make 3 billion are considered failures. :lol

Yeah I don't get when people say it failed at the box office. It probably didn't make much profit based on what they spent but it certainly didn't flop, nor is it a franchise on life-support

It seems like this is the only route to take. No more teen BS. Make him a man who is struggling with his job and well into his spiderman career. Or he can cameo in avengers..... right?

arnold-right-wrong-o.gif

Last edited:
1. greed - excessive desire to acquire or possess more (especially more material wealth) than one needs or deserves; reprehensible acquisitiveness; insatiable desire for wealth; to be human.

:lol :lol :lol

2 things that suck

Spiderman movies and USPS.

You can say what you want about USPS. BUT DONT YOU DARE say spiderman movies suck. Spiderman 1 and 2 especially 2 are good movies. Say what you will about asm franchise.

Yeah I don't get when people say it failed at the box office. It probably didn't make much profit based on what they spent but it certainly didn't flop, nor is it a franchise on life-support

arnold-right-wrong-o.gif

Jeez nova did you really have to gif shoot me? Lol. im just saying that maybe spidey needs to make a cameo in avengers or something. People are losing faith in these sony movies. Somthing needs to be done.

By the time Andrew Garfield returns in a sequel, he'll be too old.

Maybe they should make the Spider-Man Rises and have a cripple Petah who gave up life for 8 years.

Is what everyone is thinking. I don't know a single person who saw ASM2. Ironic that the USPS would sponsor it. Two dying franchises. (don't be pissed, we can still be friends and I love you)

Spiderman isnt freaking dying. What on earth would make you think that. The movies arent doing well but spiderman himself is doing fine.

Jeez nova did you really have to gif shoot me? Lol. im just saying that maybe spidey needs to make a cameo in avengers or something. People are losing faith in these sony movies. Somthing needs to be done.

In the films or comics? If film, gotta say I think the web head's out of luck; shame too, I actually liked Garfield's Parker/Spider-Man

Whatever happened to just recasting an actor? Seriously, this is a serious question. What happened to that crazy notion of just... I don't know, recasting the leads?

I know not being the same actors sometimes sucks, but I would rather take a new actor as Spiderman than get another stupid reboot. How many times are we going to see Spiderman go to high school????

I hate that studios don't want to recast anymore. I think it is BS. Just because they can't work with the same actor they just remake everything now...

I know not being the same actors sometimes sucks, but I would rather take a new actor as Spiderman than get another stupid reboot. How many times are we going to see Spiderman go to high school????

I think at this point, it's unnecessary to re-introduce Spider-Man to the masses (if they do go the reboot route) most everyone knows the story of how Spider-Man became the hero he is, there's no need to show it all over again, move on to a more mature Parker, one that doesn't have the back and forth with his girlfriend. :lol Couldn't hurt to see a more grown up Spider-Man.

I think at this point, it's unnecessary to re-introduce Spider-Man to the masses (if they do go the reboot route) most everyone knows the story of how Spider-Man became the hero he is, there's no need to show it all over again, move on to a more mature Parker, one that doesn't have the back and forth with his girlfriend. :lol Couldn't hurt to see a more grown up Spider-Man.

\ Everyone knows the story of superman. everyone in the world knows the story of superman. Didn't stop Nolan and Co. to make that crap all over again.

that's not true because every time there is a reboot they always tell the story again. I swear the next batman reboot is going to have the story of the parents getting killed.
Even the show Gotham is based around Bruce's beginning..... it will never end

Back