The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get that you're trying to be witty and make a knock at TDKR, but people hated that aspect of the film :lol

Except for Void, he loved it.

Tell that to the people who swear it makes batman a better character and NOLAN CAN DO NO WRONG!!! ****ing hate what that asshat did to robin. Way to take a **** on a great character but whatever................. its over now.

Those actually sound like they could have made the film watchable.

That, sir, is called hyperbole.

TDKR can kiss my ass, i'll take ASM2 over that turd any day of the week. :lol

Man, you really didn't like TDKR.

Everything except his father’s return and the famous phrase worked for me, but if that ending would have made it into the movie that could have ruined everything.

Gwen talking before dying woulda taken away a lot from that scene too.

I'd like to see them release a directors cut.

That, sir, is called hyperbole.
No. Saying TASM2 is better than AIDS is hyperbole. That said, AIDS makes for actual cinema (go see THE NORMAL HEART. It's pretty good.)

In honesty, TASM2 is my single worst moviegoing experience since seeing MADEA GETS A JOB with my mom.

From the bottom of my heart, I would rather watch BATMAN & ROBIN, SPIDER-MAN 3, and MAN OF STEEL in a single sitting, than be forced to see ASM2 again. I even went in hoping to be mindlessly entertained, despite not liking TASM1. I figured with the origin out of the way, how bad could it be? There are things I like about FANTASTIC FOUR and X-MEN ORIGINS! But those films had the good sense not to overstay their welcome.

TASM2 is a textbook exercise in expensive visuals at the expense of anything resembling a coherent story or screenplay with solid, three act structure. As story is ALWAYS the most important element of a film, none of the film's minor strengths (casting, effects) can come close to redeeming it for me.

I'll tell you why I feel that way.

TDKR was a huge let down following TDK.
ASM2 was an improvement over ASM1.

I want to throw myself into a tornado when I think of TDKR.

Not even Return of the Jedi drops the ball as much as TDKR. :lol

Seriously? God forbid he mourns the death of the love of his life. :dunno
Great power comes great responsability. People in positions of power don't usualy get that luxuary to properly morn those who have passed out of their lives.
especialy as we have established this is a world of super-powered beings, and as he is the only hero in his universe, no one else there to pick up the slack.

Back