The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hypotheticly, IF marvel got Spider-man back, lets say, tomorrow, the BEST thing to do, would be to put him in the background of the other marvel studios projects. In avengers 2 or 3, IF any of it takes place in new york, have him swing by in the background. Or, if we get another massive battle, like we did in avengers, have him help out here and there, throw out a quip, and let that be it. 2-4 minites of screentime total, as a teaser.

Have him make a guest appearence on the Netflix TV show in ONE episode.

Put a Daily bugle newspaper on tony stark's desk, or have a news article on his computer that has a Picture of spidey with the caption " Threat Or Menace? An editorial by J Jonah Jameson. " Snd have the avengers a little curious about this new hero, but leave him alone. one or two throw away lines along the lines of

" Have you seen this new guy? Weird costume. " or something like that as an exchange between, say, Cap and Tony while they walk somewhere. Filler dialoge that's only purpose is to establish he exists now.

THEN after doing that in a few movies, we get a new Spidey picture. Have it start with him Already Established. He's already a super hero. Should we do an origin story in the picture? Sure, Do it as a 15 minite flashback. we don't need a full hour dedicated to it.

And the BIG kicker? Make spidey the hero that the younger auidence relates to. ACTUALY CAST a 15 year old KID to be him in the movie. Daniel Ratcliff kinda proved good child actors are out there, and he was 11. a good 15 year old can't be too hard to find. Don't cast him till the movie, just get whoever to play him and voice him in all the appearences leading up to his big reveal in his own movie. It could work, and be pretty awesome.

... ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 122
Hate all you like. Part of the appeal of spider-man is he's ACTUALY a 15 year old kid at the begenning.

And to be fair, Jake LLoyd there was 10, AND did a better job than Hayden :lol

But the whole purpose of Spider-Man is love. I mean think about it. Everyone will say its the whole "with great power" but notice how everything that happens is based on love ones. Hell I'll go several examples:

He sought out a family friend who he admired when he was younger. Why hello Eddie Brock Jr. Oh you turned into venom? Why don't I let the symbiote kill you? Oh because it's my duty as a super hero? Or could it also be because you mean something to me as a past friend. Not that you guys can be friends seeing as you betrayed the idea and did not destroy the symbiote. (Ultimate Spider-Man 4).

Why does Batman hate Joker? Simple thing is that he is a maniac that goes rampaging but he is an interesting character all together. You don't see Bats hunting him down because he paralyzed Babs, and killed Jason. No it's this night and day symmetry. Why does Spidey hate Green Goblin? Well it could be the whole fact he killed Gwen Stacy, who wasn't a bystander but his girlfriend, who also fathered her children, and is the father of his best friend. Green Goblin isn't just some psycho who runs hunting Spider-Man. He is out there hunting and hurting Spider-Man as well as Peter Parker.

I mean he gives his identity during the Civil War in order to have protection for Mary Jane and Aunt May. And he hates Tony because they couldn't get protection, not the fact he got his ass handed to by the Registration.

I could keep going but for Peter it's all about love (not in some sappy ****** The Notebook way).

Honestly Spidey is well known more for his crazy awesome rogue gallery, but some of his best arcs and stories are based on some adventure that catches him with his loved ones.

I know it's stupid to have a romance superhero movie, but I think Sony has it right, as there really is no way to make him such a good person. What Kraven goes and hunts him? Gets his ass handed to? Finally beats him? What? Sounds boring, but throw in that Kraven is setting a bomb near Aunt May, now you got something.

I don't think they should single them out like Venom did with MJ in Spidey 3. Makes no sense. When Green Goblin took MJ, it made sense because he was drawing out Peter as he knew his secret. Green Goblin saw Gwen, and it just clicked. It made sense.

I really enjoy anything Spider-Man, but I love his whole love interests because they are what makes his best stories. Just my opion.

Ehhh. you're CLOSE... but not quite.

Spidey is the guy who embodies the idea of " nice guys finish last" He does the right thing, he goes out of his way for everyone else, and no matter what, He just can't catch a break. He misses dates, he forgets birthday parties, he gets sick. Bad things happen, and no good deed goes unpunished. Stan Lee has said on several occasions that he wrote peter parker to be referential of his personal life growing up. and one of the importan things was try as he might, he NEVER gets the girl, untill it's THE girl.

Spidey is the guy who embodies the idea of " nice guys finish last" He does the right thing, he goes out of his way for everyone else, and no matter what, He just can't catch a break. He misses dates, he forgets birthday parties, he gets sick. Bad things happen, and no good deed goes unpunished. Stan Lee has said on several occasions that he wrote peter parker to be referential of his personal life growing up. and one of the importan things was try as he might, he NEVER gets the girl, untill it's THE girl.

Learn something everyday. Thats definitely interesting. I just think when some on important dies it has this love effect on him. It seems that we really one know thr good people that kbow peter but never that pizza delivery boy thay deadpool killed.

10 years ago who would believe anyone who would tell you Iron Man and Cap will trump Spidey at the box office? :lol

Hell, I wouldn't even have believed that the franchise would be put in such inept hands that they couldn't introduce JJJ over the course of 2 movies. :slap

I do agree that love interests have been a focal point of Spidey since the beginning, but they need a good superhero story to pair it with. I can't complain about the love interest since Pete and Gwen have been the best of the reboot, just want a stronger, even 'epic' villain story as well.

10 years ago who would believe anyone who would tell you Iron Man and Cap will trump Spidey at the box office? :lol

Hell, I wouldn't even have believed that the franchise would be put in such inept hands that they couldn't introduce JJJ over the course of 2 movies. :slap

I do agree that love interests have been a focal point of Spidey since the beginning, but they need a good superhero story to pair it with. I can't complain about the love interest since Pete and Gwen have been the best of the reboot, just want a stronger, even 'epic' villain story as well.

I think I'm just bored with it in Spidey movies. The acting and chemistry is good. I just want something else to be the focal point of his issues. I'm hoping they leave out MJ in the 3rd ASM. Introduce her at the end and leave her for the fourth. Let Spidey swing solo for a while. Though I'm sure He'll **** around with Felicia (black cat).

To be fair Iron man movies feel more like a fad and captain america was just a pretty good movie so it deserved the money. I never thought spiderman was the leader of marvel, i always thought captain america was the leader in the marvel comics so thats pretty fitting. Spiderman is still doing fin in every other medium while iron man and cap are only in the movies. Who knows.

This true and a part of the reason why spiderman is so popular with people. He's the most realistic hero in a sense that he goes through things that everyday people would go through if they were a superhero. His promise to uncle ben is so firmly embedded in his mind that he will sacrifice his time for his loved ones to save someone he doesnt like or doesnt know, becuase thats his responsibility and he feels like he shouldnt be doing this but everytime he stops somthing bad happens and the city proves to need him

The 2003 HULK film was far better than 2008's gamma soaked roid rage Calvin Klein clothing model, complete with Tim Roth's equally stupid toilet monster.

I'll take Ang Lee's version - including crazy Nick Nolte's fart cloud beast, over it any day. :duff

:goodpost:

Much preferred Ang's Hulk.

Marketing costs killed ASM2, not the movie itself. Sony need to look at what they did and learn a lesson. Not only was it audience fatigue by the time it was released, but the crazy amount of marketing and PR really damaged the profit margins.

:exactly:

They spent way too much on marketing and showed to much to audiences.

Hypotheticly, IF marvel got Spider-man back,.

martin-freeman-yawn.gif

Feel like I'm the only person who like 08 hulk. To me he looked much better than avengers hulk and 03 hulk.

And Marvel aren't getting him back. Get over that.

Really? you work for sony and know that for a fact?

We don't know. and my prior post was more a what if/ how could they go about fixing him sooner rather than later concept.

But, we get it, you're gay for garfield. it's ok, you're allowed to like bad films.

That dosn't make them good.

Good-natured Teasing aside. you DO see the issues with the film, beyond just the marketing mis-spending, yes?
The Lack of a real, coherent plot replaced by " Stuff happening all over". The way the film feels more like a 2 hour trailer than an actual movie.

Yes, I'll agree it had tremendusly stunning visuals, nd Garfield and stone have tremendous chemistry, but that's really all it had going for it.

X-men first class was a much better picture.

Really? you work for sony and know that for a fact?

We don't know. and my prior post was more a what if/ how could they go about fixing him sooner rather than later concept.

But, we get it, you're gay for garfield. it's ok, you're allowed to like bad films.

That dosn't make them good.

Good-natured Teasing aside. you DO see the issues with the film, beyond just the marketing mis-spending, yes?
The Lack of a real, coherent plot replaced by " Stuff happening all over". The way the film feels more like a 2 hour trailer than an actual movie.

Yes, I'll agree it had tremendusly stunning visuals, nd Garfield and stone have tremendous chemistry, but that's really all it had going for it.

I enjoyed the movie quite a bit, it wasn’t perfect but I don’t think its as bad as some are making it out to be. I think the reviews play a major part in how some people view films, because when this movie first came out things were pretty positive here, as the RT score started to dip I noticed some members started changing their minds on how they felt about the movie.

Nobody can convince me that Thor TDW, Iron Man 2 and 3, TIH are better films, Marvel is not infallible.

Agreed for the most part, still enjoyed it though, but either way the rights aren't gonna move until Spidey bombs and I mean bombs hard at the box office, right now it's the second highest grossing this year, that means it's still a big franchise. They'll adjust their spending to make more profit but they will not sell the franchise so the rights stuff is a futile subject

Last edited:
To be fair Iron man movies feel more like a fad and captain america was just a pretty good movie so it deserved the money. I never thought spiderman was the leader of marvel, i always thought captain america was the leader in the marvel comics so thats pretty fitting. Spiderman is still doing fin in every other medium while iron man and cap are only in the movies. Who knows.
I don't know why you quoted what I posted, but....okay :wink1:

Back