Survivor: Redemption Island

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so confused why people just didn't vote Russell and Boston Rob off ASAP? They've both been on the show a number of times and have NEVER won. Why give them another shot? Just because they have good strategy? Boston Rob has so many idiots wrapped around his fingers it's crazy.I mean last nights episode, the other guy just let him walk off with the note in the coffee? What a complete tool. I know Bob already has that secret immunity idol but just to let him walk off with the clue is so stupid.

So so episode last night. First if Dave was such a good puzzle guy why in the heck didn't he step up and do it. He just stood there and said nothing obviously not wanting the pressure. And I think they need to stop sending people to watch redemption island. It would be much better if they had no clue what is going on there and who is still alive.

I agree. And why they let the visitors talk to each other doesn't make sense either.

This is the first season I've been disappointed in. I was worried the focus would be on Russell and Rob, and it has been. It would have been better if they weren't involved.

Yeah, I think its a strong season as well. I think as things move along we'll start seeing more people come out as legit possible winners.

the chicks this season are just mediocre, no hotties like the past ones.

yeah nothing special. I think Andrea is pretty though.

I still really like Boston Rob, I hope he wins. But, I know he probably won't.

this must not be getting much for viewers. like the season so far, but the preacher has got to learn to keep his mouth shut.:thud:

Well, Sarita was who I had picked (out of a hat) in our Survivor pool--- so I'm done... and right before the merge. :slap

Ratings have been pretty good. I have watched every season and love the show, but I do not like the second chance "redemption" part. I hope they don't keep this format for future seasons.

Getting back to this week's episode, Matt is too naive to really play this game. He could have forced a tie and maybe saved himself if he voted for Grant instead of Steve. That tells me that Rob and Co. told him to vote for Steve, so he was staying with them even though they already voted him out once. I don't feel sorry for someone who won't even try to save themselves.

I can't stand Boston Rob and can't wait for him to get blindsided. It's ok when he lies and backstabs but gets upset when he catches someone trying to do it to him. Eventually someone will get him. I could see Grant, Andrea and Philip and whoever remains from the other tribe voting him out once they have the numbers.

Ratings have been pretty good. I have watched every season and love the show, but I do not like the second chance "redemption" part. I hope they don't keep this format for future seasons.

Getting back to this week's episode, Matt is too naive to really play this game. He could have forced a tie and maybe saved himself if he voted for Grant instead of Steve. That tells me that Rob and Co. told him to vote for Steve, so he was staying with them even though they already voted him out once. I don't feel sorry for someone who won't even try to save themselves.

I can't stand Boston Rob and can't wait for him to get blindsided. It's ok when he lies and backstabs but gets upset when he catches someone trying to do it to him. Eventually someone will get him. I could see Grant, Andrea and Philip and whoever remains from the other tribe voting him out once they have the numbers.

Redemption Island would have been a much stronger concept if they had not sent members of each tribe to watch the showdown each week. Imagine the surprise of not knowing who has been able to survive and then have someone every three showdowns sent back into the game... It would've delayed the merge (which needs to be changed as the game is becoming far too predictable when it comes to overall strategy) and put more of an uncontrollable element (which is desperately needed) into the game.

Redemption Island would have been a much stronger concept if they had not sent members of each tribe to watch the showdown each week. Imagine the surprise of not knowing who has been able to survive and then have someone every three showdowns sent back into the game... It would've delayed the merge (which needs to be changed as the game is becoming far too predictable when it comes to overall strategy) and put more of an uncontrollable element (which is desperately needed) into the game.

Yep, I agree.. thats where it failed. They needed to keep it a secret.

On the other hand a couple of the times the drama at the duels was interesting. Some of it a bit contrived however.

Here is my recommendation for next year, forgive me if it steals too much from MTV.

1) each week each team selects a player to send to the duel
2) loser of duel leaves
3) winner of duel SELECTS what team he/she goes back to

essentially until the merge there would be no tribal council or immunity challenge, only reward challenges. Once the teams merge then we start with tribal council.

I think this element would make teams strategicly select who they send to the duel knowing that they might have an advantage at the duel and also weighing the possibility that a member might jump ship if they won.

I think its time to rename Rob Jim Jones. That guy has them wraped around his little finger. If you can't even eat without his ok then you know you drank the kool-aid.

My dislike of Rob only grows with each episode. It is going to be so sweet seeing him get blindsided. He has gotten a favorable edit up until last night's episode - where he came across as completely in control, but extremely arrogant and cocky. He has been built up, so now it is time to watch him fall.

Back