Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As an OT purist myself there is nothing in this movie that would’ve made me leave angry.

Now Han not shooting first that **** makes me angry!

That throne room fight was insane, when kylo force pushes that guy into the big vent/fan and just a red cloud comes spurting up. :lol

Box office won't be about this weekend. It'll be about how quickly it falls off.

I've seen every SW movie multiple times in the theater. You couldn't pay me to watch that again.

Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi SPOILER DISCUSSION THREAD

When into the theatre last night telling myself " its going to be good, its going to be good, ignore the negativity !!!! ". This movie did nothing to prove the negativity was unjustified. For me it all started with the stupid scene when Poe was trolling Hux. I was like " OMG here we go". The dumb " force texting " between Kylo and Rey, Luke being a complete grumpy wuss, and what was up with that alien milking scene. Embarrassing !!!! To see one of the most iconic heroes in movie history go out this was is pretty sad. Too many pointless characters.... man I could go on and on but I'll just leave it there.

Last edited:

Quick review:
The movie took the characters in amazing directions that both addressed audience response to TFA and also defied their expectations. The ideas contained within this movie are things I've been wishing for since the prequels and it's amazing to see them come to fruition. It's also a jumpy ****ing mess of poor editing all the way up until Rey meets Snoke when the movie finally gets its **** together (for the most part), and lacks self control by constantly deflating its own drama with a near constant stream of poorly timed jokes that don't allow emotional beats the breathing room to ever land. This movie is constantly shooting itself in the foot. Marcia Lucas would have been a godsend.

Also the whole resistance plot that basically boiled down to watching an old lady with a walker hobble slowly away from an apathetic policeman for 2 hours was downright embarrassing.

There are many things I am in love with in this movie but as a total package, the way it's currently assembled, the result is very mixed. However I'm actually pretty excited about the next movie because I think the direction Johnson has propelled this story but with JJ's more steady directorial hand sounds very appealing.

5.3 user score on metacritic as well.. the disconnect between the 'critics' and audience is huge!

That thing keeps going down :lol

Yin and Yang :lol

yinyang.jpg

Seeing this junk tonight. :slap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back