Furiosa (May 24, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One reviewer said while the movie was very good why was her back story even needed since she already explained her back story in FR.

That’s my question/concern as well.
So simple....:cuckoo:

Because Hollywood is clearly lacking female lead movies. Especially with a girl boss in the action adventure and scifi categories. If it wasn't for Jennifer Lawrence's lead in the Hunger Games series, we'd still only have the typical damsel in distress movies. She finally showed all the women and young girls that females can be strong like men too. Something never previously seen in hollywood. We need much much more of that.

About time we get some strong female leads. :yess:

:monkey3:monkey3

I kind of prefer leaving things, backstories, what have you, to the imagination. A well delivered piece of dialog from a talented actor often is more powerful than an entire spinoff movie centered on whatever event they're talking about. For instance, Quint's Indianapolis speech does not need a prequel of its own.

Sometimes they feel the need to both show and tell.

I kind of prefer leaving things, backstories, what have you, to the imagination. A well delivered piece of dialog from a talented actor often is more powerful than an entire spinoff movie centered on whatever event they're talking about. For instance, Quint's Indianapolis speech does not need a prequel of its own.

Sometimes they feel the need to both show and tell.
Quint's Indianapolis story is amazing. Even as a kid I was riveted on every word. His voice. The accent. Perfect. Don't need to see a movie about it.
I'm not as invested in FR. Enjoyed the movie. I don't hold it in the same regards as Jaws.

Quint's Indianapolis story is amazing. Even as a kid I was riveted on every word. His voice. The accent. Perfect. Don't need to see a movie about it.
I'm not as invested in FR. Enjoyed the movie. I don't hold it in the same regards as Jaws.
Agreed. Not in the same league at all. Another example of well delivered dialog being more than effective is Powers Booth's speech in the original Red Dawn about the start of WWIII. Good stuff.

Honestly, I was ambivalent about Fury Road until I read about the making of book that came out a couple years ago. I don't think it holds a candle to The Road Warrior. Less is infinitely more.

One reviewer said while the movie was very good why was her back story even needed since she already explained her back story in FR.

Yeah I didn't feel like it was something that needed further explanation or fleshing out either. But at least it does have the same director and vision behind it, and isn't some lazy cash-grab prequel from a no-name director like we see with all those bad horror movie prequels.

3e6sdskr16yb1.gif

Miller seems to be doing a "soft reboot" of the MM universe. The OT still stands, but I think he's giving it an alternative back story and showing how the post-apocalyptic communities sprang up.

Also, I think it's as much about water now as it is about guzzoline (if not more).

I've also been googling the timeline. The OT was set in the late 20th century and FR in the mid 21st. So for them all to fit you'd have to ignore any date references in the OT and bring it into the 21st.

(Miller has confirmed all the films are still part of the same universe, though the sequence of events can be hazy. But FR does come after BT)

Back