1/6 Star wars: The last jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last week I saw someone at my work was wearing an EPVIII crew t-shirt. The working title of the film was 'Space Bear'

Someone just pointed out that THE LAST JEDI is taken right from TFA opening crawl. "Will not rest until skywalker, the last Jedi, has been destroyed.

Apparently someone at Disney thought the new Transformers title sounded legit. :lol

I hope Luke overshadows the new characters in the next film. Aside from the final 5 seconds, he wasn't a part of TFA. The Luke character can't help but overshadow the other characters. He's "Luke Skywalker", man! :lightsabe

It would be horrible to have the original heroes being systematically killed off of the new trilogy. Unfortunately, I see Disney taking the easy road yet again and giving us another "Ghost Ben mentor" but this time with Luke. More of the same, yet again. :monkey4

Yup, it'll end up being the twist on the twist of what we're already "used to..."

Luke will sacrifice (and become a Jedi ghost) himself to/for Kylo to turn to the light side - because he's so conflicted/remorseful, and Rey will be lured to the Dark side. "Ben" will then become The Last Jedi. Leia will die, leaving Ep9 to be totally focused on the newbies.

I can't see Disney wanting to have the OT's "carrying" it through until the last frame of Ep9... but who knows? :dunno

TFA was made to be like ANH on purpose. It was fan service and maybe a little too much fan service. I highly doubt The Last Jedi will be the same as ESB, especially after the backlash from TFA being too similar to ANH. You all so negative. It's Star Wars I don't care if it's more of the same I just want more.

Even I'm asking myself what the hell is 'Rouge One' I must admit.

I know right? Is that something new from Maybelline?

Getting this back to Star Wars, Rogue One is a distant memory now. Sad that it's only a little over a month old.

Hmmm... the title has grown on me already. From 'meh' to 'I like it' in a little over 24 hours.

Still wish there was a verb in it, but on the other hand it's quite cool to get something a little different.

I really like it. Also, I don't think Luke will die or was ever planned to die. I think Han has already fulfilled the Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan sacrifice slot for this trilogy. It's just, this time, instead of Rey's mentor being a force wielder, it was Han. He passed the torch (and the Falcon!) onto her. And, as has been said, I fully expect TLJ to take us into different territory. It's been said before that the similarities to ANH for Episode 7 were very intentional to re-establish Star Wars and launch our new characters. You can wonder about the wisdom of that all day long, but it worked. Now they can go new directions. I hope one of those directions is keeping Luke very much alive and finally fulfilling his destiny of restarting the Jedi.

It would be WAY too depressing, especially with Fisher's death, to have it so that none of the OT characters really accomplished the thing they wanted to accomplish long-term, and they all ended up sort of kicking the can down to a new generation.

I hope Finn isn't in it. Really don't like that guy. Although he does turn TFA into a good drinking game.

"Finn lied!... DRINK!" :chug

I can't make it passed the first 20mins :lol

Seeing Luke/Rey in an Kenobi/Anakin situation fighting together would be awesome. Especially if they give Luke even half of the power he had in the EU novels.

In case anyone is interested, the title for EP8 in french is a bit more revealing, being "Les derniers Jedis" - Meaning The Last Jedis - Plural tense. So they aren't talking about just Luke or just Rey. Interesting.

I would not say RO was boring. I did find myself getting restless at a few points, but I contribute that more to the cramp, uncomfortable seats in the theatre as opposed to my lazyboy. Although the 3rd act I was sitting on the edge of my seat. The audiobook on the other hand was boring...the first half anyways, but I think that was partly due to the reader Jonathan Davis. The Bane trilogy (also read by Davis) was great but would have been better if read by Marc Thompson. He's the best!

Back