1/6 Star wars: The last jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that SW:RO has crossed $1B it's time to get the SW:VIII marketing machine cranking. First trailer is rumored to drop in March, but wouldn't be surprised if it showed up at the Super Bowl. I like the title, but mostly curious to see how it will relate to the story and lead into Episode IX. There does seem to be a finality to it. Is Luke the last Jedi, passing the mantle down? With the last Jedi finally be extinguished from the galaxy (i.e. Luke) and subsequent force sensitives follow a new path? Jedi and Sith are ancient orders, and perhaps both religions have outlived their usefulness.

SB please..and you know they should've waited until a possible teaser during the SB for the reveal of the title..that would of surprised everyone better:lecture

It's likely all of the above: students, Luke (who I still believe will 'sacrifice' himself)... leaving Rey as The Last Jedi at the end.

I think this is one of the better titles of the series.

I agree it's one of the best titles. I like it a lot.

I suspect if Luke were originally going to die in 8 those plans have probably changed. I suspect re-shoots will occur so Luke can fill some of Leia's plot points in ep 9, namely return as a General of the Resistance.

I can understand why they wouldn't want Luke overshadowing the newer characters through the entire trilogy, but yeah, now that Fisher has left us I just think it would be too painful to see Luke killed off in the next movie as well. If he's going to sacrifice himself in some way, I'd rather they save it for IX instead.

I like the title but...

TLJ.JPG

I can understand why they wouldn't want Luke overshadowing the newer characters through the entire trilogy, but yeah, now that Fisher has left us I just think it would be too painful to see Luke killed off in the next movie as well. If he's going to sacrifice himself in some way, I'd rather they save it for IX instead.

I hope Luke overshadows the new characters in the next film. Aside from the final 5 seconds, he wasn't a part of TFA. The Luke character can't help but overshadow the other characters. He's "Luke Skywalker", man! :lightsabe

It would be horrible to have the original heroes being systematically killed off of the new trilogy. Unfortunately, I see Disney taking the easy road yet again and giving us another "Ghost Ben mentor" but this time with Luke. More of the same, yet again. :monkey4

I hope this means more Rogue One figure announcements soon. R1 just got "old" with this announcement !

I can already feel the people "moving along".

I hope this means more Rogue One figure announcements soon. R1 just got "old" with this announcement !

I can already feel the people "moving along".

I imagine by the time the Han Solo film is released..people will be thinking Rouge What? :lol

I'm with you Khev. Rogue One will go down as one of the greats if you ask me.

I'm still hyped about it. When I think of that Vader scene, just makes me want to watch it all again.

I hope Luke overshadows the new characters in the next film. Aside from the final 5 seconds, he wasn't a part of TFA. The Luke character can't help but overshadow the other characters. He's "Luke Skywalker", man! :lightsabe

It would be horrible to have the original heroes being systematically killed off of the new trilogy. Unfortunately, I see Disney taking the easy road yet again and giving us another "Ghost Ben mentor" but this time with Luke. More of the same, yet again. :monkey4

Well yeah, ideally I would have wanted this Sequel Trilogy to be all about Han, Luke and Leia and their continuing story. Instead of them being essentially turned into supporting characters for a newer generation. But clearly that's not the direction the writers wanted to go.

At the very least, I'm hoping that we see Luke and Rey as more of Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan style team in the next two movies, instead of him simply being some Yoda figure who trains her before sending her on her way.

I just hope to God that they do something original, and don't rip off all the main points of ESB. Really, that's my only hope !

I agree it's one of the best titles. I like it a lot.

I suspect if Luke were originally going to die in 8 those plans have probably changed. I suspect re-shoots will occur so Luke can fill some of Leia's plot points in ep 9, namely return as a General of the Resistance.

That's highly likely now.

Unless Disney -- like me -- just loves the idea of killing Luke off in the same way Ben was killed off, and he just becomes a Force Ghost to chat with.

But I do like your idea of Jedi Luke becoming a resistance General like -- dare I say -- Kenobi in the Clone Wars.

Well yeah, ideally I would have wanted this Sequel Trilogy to be all about Han, Luke and Leia and their continuing story. Instead of them being essentially turned into supporting characters for a newer generation. But clearly that's not the direction the writers wanted to go.

At the very least, I'm hoping that we see Luke and Rey as more of Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan style team in the next two movies, instead of him simply being some Yoda figure who trains her before sending her on her way.

Agree 100%

Back