Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lightspeed kamikaze was awesome. straight up "whoa dude" moment for my entire theater. :lol

People saying it should have been Leia are the same people who would complain about her and luke not sharing a scene together if it were. :lol

Make up your minds.

But no one cared for the vice admiral it was just like oh bye, even rose getting struck down did not make me empathize with them one bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi SPOILER DISCUSSION THREAD

Over on IMDB they're eviscerating it in the user reviews. I don't think I've seen this much vitriol at opening since attack of the clones. I wonder if the user reviews on metacritic and RT will follow suit. Would be interesting to see it have 96% critic reviews and half of that for users.

My original feelings were it was a better film than TFA, and I still think that.. But it's a terrible Star Wars movie. I think this is the point at which long time fans are going to start jumping ship. I don't think Disney will care as the sheer amount of SW stuff they'll put out will easily cover that. Quantity over quality. I don't know how Rian is getting his own trilogy, the man clearly doesn't understand Star Wars.

But after Godzilla who would have thought Gareth Edwards would get it?

A few random thoughts:

-the force projection thing was actually a fairly cool idea, and I liked the way they deaged him for it. It was a neat. But he shouldn't have *died* for it. It was a lame way to go out. But if I put my feelings about his death aside, the idea itself has merit for such a strong force user.

-Luke wanting to kill Ben given his previous actions was not plausible at all

-if they were going to kill admiral Ackbar off anyway, couldn't he have been the one who did the light speed jump to sacrifice himself for a heroic move? Why use purple hair lady we barely knew? And if this is a viable tactic.. Why isn't everybody suicide warping into larger ships all the time?

-I've seen other people say it and I agree.. Canto Bight was more Harry Potter than Star Wars

-how many days have passed since the beginning of TFA until the end of TLJ? 8? Lol I'm exaggerating of course but the timeline is insane in these movies. It also makes everything less significant. Rey is a master already, something it took a long time for Luke to accomplish.

-having the lobster guard fight after killing the big bad makes it really low stakes. Like they're going to have trouble with them. It's cliche but there's a reason henchman come before the boss.

-the world feels so small. The scope from the OT, PT, and even RO is all gone. It's a tiny, tiny galaxy with only a few people doing anything.

-and of course the modern day language and joking style that will date this faster than any SW movie that's come before.

Edit: I see its at 60% after 60k reviews on RT now too.. Only 3% away from Aotc's 57%! And that's on opening...

But no one cared for the vice admiral it was just like oh bye, even rose getting struck down did not make me empathize with them one bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While it should’ve been Ackbar or Leia that did that I was amazed they made me care about that character in that short period of time.

Would’ve been a spectacular send off for Leia though that’s for certain.

oh, yeah i didn't mind that idea. Still don't. Never minded luke's wanting to end the jedi to end the sith argument. In fact, it made sense.

But i think disney went nuts with the "burn it all down" message -- destroy the past -- yet paying homage to that very past to sell tickets.

luke tossing the saber over his shoulder and nostalgic bad-puppet yoda literally burning it all down was really blatant messaging to me.

i hate that !!! Wtf rian and disney !?!??

Feels like these new trilogy films are about being an entertaining ride rather than an amazing story with lasting impact. I don't want to be entertained for a couple hours with a star wars themed gag-reel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

While it should’ve been Ackbar or Leia that did that I was amazed they made me care about that character in that short period of time.

Would’ve been a spectacular send off for Leia though that’s for certain.

so you did care about the chase?

OK Wor this is where I disagree with you.

it is very true when you say that time has not been kind to TFA.

But time can also have the opposite effect and I believe that time will actually be rewarding to this movie.

But time can also have the opposite effect and I believe that time will actually be rewarding to this movie.

Only if Ep. 9 is even worse. :lol

Maybe this is a good thing. Maybe this is the Star Wars movie that Disney needed in order to see the light and get back on track. When it doesn't make a billion dollars perhaps they will change course.

Down to 59%.

135560445.png

so you did care about the chase?

Her sacrifice I care about but not the silly my huge engines can’t catch up to your small engines.

Only if Ep. 9 is even worse. :lol

Maybe this is a good thing. Maybe this is the Star Wars movie that Disney needed in order to see the light and get back on track. When it doesn't make a billion dollars perhaps they will change course.

Easy billion the numbers are in for lastnight 2nd highest Thursday only behind TFA which was expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back