Star Ace Harry Potter Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This must be coming out pretty soon, huh?

I'm on the fence for this line. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, but I have pretty much all of the Tonner dolls and accessories. Yes, yes, I know, terrible likenesses, etc. etc. But I enjoy them for what they are - dolls.

I do have a Medicom Snape I got free from Sideshow's Christmas giveaway.

Ugh. I don't know. I need more money! :lol

This must be coming out pretty soon, huh?

I'm on the fence for this line. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, but I have pretty much all of the Tonner dolls and accessories. Yes, yes, I know, terrible likenesses, etc. etc. But I enjoy them for what they are - dolls.

I do have a Medicom Snape I got free from Sideshow's Christmas giveaway.

Ugh. I don't know. I need more money! :lol

We should see new pics with a repaint pretty soon - still slated for end of 3rd quarter.

I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan but I would pick up a Hermione if she wasn't a little kid version of Hermione. I suppose she might look okay next to the upcoming Hit-Girl, but there's just something a little creepy about having figures of little kids on my shelf. I collect Hot Toys action figures with cloth costumes that can therefore arguably be called dolls; I collect female Hot Toys action figures with cloth costumes and rooted hair that can therefore definitely be called dolls; but having a figure of a ten year old girl on my shelf has to be where the line is drawn. Just can't do it.

I hope they revise their plan and give us older versions of these characters (though I will say that Harry headsculpt seems quite good.)

Sell the Tonners buy these.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Ehhh... I know a lot of people here despise Tonner, but they're collectible dolls. Completely different from 1/6 scale figures. I have pretty much all of the Tonner HP dolls and accessories save for some of the character repeats and the quidditch set. So I could probably get well over $2000 for them all. Snape sells for around $500 on eBay I think. But I dunno... I don't think I could do it. I like them for what they are.

Ehhh... I know a lot of people here despise Tonner, but they're collectible dolls. Completely different from 1/6 scale figures. I have pretty much all of the Tonner HP dolls and accessories save for some of the character repeats and the quidditch set. So I could probably get well over $2000 for them all. Snape sells for around $500 on eBay I think. But I dunno... I don't think I could do it. I like them for what they are.

Yep, sold all mine and got a pretty penny for the Quidditch Harry. I liked the detail but, as you say, they're collectible "dolls". Too far away from realistic portrayals of the characters that the StarAce figures promise to be.

The thing about selling the Tonner dolls, though, if you like them, is that you're taking a risk. IMO, anyway. This company is new and unproven (please correct me if I'm wrong), and as of right now there is no way to know how deep into the line they'll go, or how deep they'll even be able to go in the future.

The Tonner HP line went pretty deep. There were a few missing key characters, but plenty of characters saw release. If I had the full set of HP Tonner dolls, I would be hesitant to just assume Star Ace will be able to go as deep with the line and be a solid replacement this early in the game. That's just me. :dunno And this is coming from someone who prefers 1/6th all day long. Tonner makes some beautiful dolls, female dolls specifically, but I would by no means choose Tonner over a high quality 1/6th (unless it's Regina, from Once Upon a Time, :wink1: ).

But if you're an HP fan who likes the Tonner dolls, I wouldn't jump the gun.

Last edited:
The thing about selling the Tonner dolls, though, if you like them, is that you're taking a risk. IMO, anyway. This company is new and unproven (please correct me if I'm wrong), and as of right now there is no way to know how deep into the line they'll go, or how deep they'll even be able to go in the future.

The Tonner HP line went pretty deep. There were a few missing key characters, but plenty of characters saw release. If I had the full set of HP Tonner dolls, I would be hesitant to just assume Star Ace will be able to go as deep with the line and be a solid replacement this early in the game. That's just me. :dunno And this is coming from someone who prefers 1/6th all day long. Tonner makes some beautiful dolls, female dolls specifically, but I would by no means choose Tonner over a high quality 1/6th (unless it's Regina, from Once Upon a Time, :wink1: ).

But if you're an HP fan who likes the Tonner dolls, I wouldn't jump the gun.

Well, the scale on Tonner just didn't fit into my collection either. I didn't have them all - just the trio in each incarnation and Voldie.

And actually Star Ace isn't REALLY new - they are just the 1/6 arm of and/or partnered with X-Plus who have been making vinyl toys for over 2 decades.

If you only have the trio and Voldemort but don't feel they fit in your collection, then going ahead and selling them to replace them with the Star Ace figures seems like a safer bet to me than if you have the whole Tonner line and enjoy them (like in SlytherinPride's case), going ahead and selling them for Star Ace's line that's yet to be made, since that's a lot of characters that Star Ace might not make.

It's good to hear that Star Ace have been around a while, maybe that means they'll be able to go further with the line. I'd never heard of the company before this.

I sold my HP Tonner dolls a while back and I ended up regretting it, even though 1/6th is always my priority. I would love to have the option of an HP 1/6th line in the future.

harry_chess.jpg

Harry-accessories.jpg

Fred and George would be a tough sell I think, but I'd prefer them in their post-Hogwarts outfits.

Missing from that pic -
Dobbie (could be someone's accessory)
Richard Harris Dumbledore
Wormtongue
Quirrell
Gilderoy Lockehart
Slughorn
Kreacher
Cedric Diggory
any and all Quidditch variants
I'd also like to see some generic Deatheaters, maybe it comes with multiple masks.

Fred and George would be a tough sell I think, but I'd prefer them in their post-Hogwarts outfits.

Missing from that pic -
Dobbie (could be someone's accessory)
Richard Harris Dumbledore
Wormtongue
Quirrell
Gilderoy Lockehart
Slughorn
Kreacher
Cedric Diggory
any and all Quidditch variants
I'd also like to see some generic Deatheaters, maybe it comes with multiple masks.

Don't forget Arthur & Molly Weasley...they were missing from the Gentle Giant line sadly. Professor Slughorn I'd like one of these; another character missing from GG line even after some questionable character releases Cho Chang & Merperson??

Back