Star Ace Harry Potter Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've opened up a dialogue with Star Ace and they are very forthcoming and anxious to share what they can. They are still tweaking the height on Harry - he will probably come in around 250-260 mm. If Daniel was 4'10" during that film would make 1/6 scale 245 mm.

Harry will be pretty limited and just one lot - so he may not be available when he starts to ship. And they did confirm 3rd quarter 2014.

Ron and Hermione will follow a few months after.

Thanks for getting in touch with them, Dave. Honestly if the final height is 250-260mm, that works for me. I guess those of us who want him better preorder!

Any word on figures beyond Harry, Ron, and Hermione?

Had to stop collecting Harry Potter stuff (damn you lack of space) so I won't be buying (might be able to find space for a Snape figure though! :) ), but this Harry figure is looking pretty good - liking the outfit and the accessories! Hopefully they can sort out the height issue.

Could be quite a promising line for Harry Potter collectors.

Thanks for getting in touch with them, Dave. Honestly if the final height is 250-260mm, that works for me. I guess those of us who want him better preorder!

Any word on figures beyond Harry, Ron, and Hermione?

I did ask about that - I'm talking to HK and the main office is in Japan, so he's not sure what he can share yet. But I get the impression that it will depend on how these three do.

I'm kinda curious if they are going to make it a 250mm body, why state otherwise in the product listing?? Why not just say what the final product will be?? People will read the specs and realized 10.25 inches is too tall and not order, then when it comes out it will/might be 6-7 inches tall and scramble to find it, but by then it will be sold out (or so they believe). Seems to be the ol' marketing snafu. . .

I'm kinda curious if they are going to make it a 250mm body, why state otherwise in the product listing?? Why not just say what the final product will be?? People will read the specs and realized 10.25 inches is too tall and not order, then when it comes out it will/might be 6-7 inches tall and scramble to find it, but by then it will be sold out (or so they believe). Seems to be the ol' marketing snafu. . .

As I said - they're still working on it. 260 mm is 10.25 inches.

The likeness is off (or Radcliffe doesn't approve?), seems like it's meant for the Barbie/Tonner fans but it's a solid sculpt, very realistic and great hair sculpting -- I thought it was rooted hair at 1st glance. I also like the very realistic hands.

No?

I think he looks great!

Collage01_zps71fa3fd1.jpg

Collage02_zps4984798e.jpg

The likeness is off (or Radcliffe doesn't approve?), seems like it's meant for the Barbie/Tonner fans but it's a solid sculpt, very realistic and great hair sculpting -- I thought it was rooted hair at 1st glance. I also like the very realistic hands.

I think the facts may dispute your statement.

Something seems a bit off to me as well, but I just can't put my finger on it.

I have all of the Tonner Harry Potter dolls, and they're just that - dolls. Dolls have a distinctive look and feel, and they aren't meant to be insanely accurate with the likenesses. With figures, I'm going to be much more picky. And there's just something about this figure...

Normally I'd be insanely thrilled by this, but I'm on the fence right now.

I think the paleness of the face with the rosey blushing on the nose and cheeks is what's causing this "doll" appearance that folks are not happy with, just makes him look like a porcelain Precious Moments figurine. And in all fairness, once this hits production, that step will likely be minimized. And yes, making those irises smaller is a good improvement.

Looks good overall.
I think the Gryffindor color on the clothing should be darker. Right now the red looks more like orange.

I just noticed the sorting hat isnt pictured.

Anyway, I get what some of the complaints are about it looking doll like. Hedwig could be better too as far as paint and detail go. I still like it a lot though.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Looking good but that sorting hat is too small. It's supposed to be a hat for adults that's so large it almost goes over the eyes of most children.

His eyes look so much better in that last pic. I think the 'doll' appearance can be put down (as usual) to the photography and will look much, much better in hand (as usual).

Back