Star Ace Harry Potter Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my Harry Potter display so far, in my theater room. Have the Deathly Hallows part 2 poster in the lightbox next to this detolf. :D

Still saving for a DSLR, so phone pics will have to do. Hard for it to balance the lighting between the two.

Still have the wire rope bolts in there from when I had HT Hulk on that top shelf. :lol Need to either take them out or keep them there for when Hagrid comes out. I'm sure he'll need an extra inch or two to fit in there nicely.

Last edited:
:clap

Very cool. What other figures do you plan on grabbing?

Hagrid, SS Hermione, Snape, Dumbledore, and Deathly Hallows trio. I'm sure I'll end up with others but these are my must haves. For instance, Azkaban Sirius is a strong possibility.

Hagrid, SS Hermione, Snape, Dumbledore, and Deathly Hallows trio. I'm sure I'll end up with others but these are my must haves. For instance, Azkaban Sirius is a strong possibility.

:rock

They will look great all together in a detolf.

Here are mine. I plan on grabbing everything I can, so I will definatley need a new space to display these by the end of this year. My detolfs are somewhat filled, so I need to really reorganize my collection and make room for future HP releases. But, in your photos, these do look great in a detolf....

ac87YKp.jpg

Just an idea, not sure if it would work or should happen, but should we just make this the official Harry Potter thread if everyone agrees? Posting all our pick ups, figure discussions and photos in this thread? Since HP does not have its own section, the threads seem to get lost and somewhat ignored here in the general discussion. Might be better to have one big old thread or maybe not. :dunno

Making great use of the accessories! Very nice.

I didn't plan on the idea of filling a detolf with Harry Potter, but it's starting to look like it'll happen in the end. I've been trying to downsize a bit and change up my collection focus. Right now it's all about HP and Star Wars, as my Marvel collection is nearing a comfortable stopping place. Still waiting for a few like Drax, Maria Hill, Hawkeye, and Nick Fury, but for the most part it's finished to my liking. Same goes for my Batman stuff. So now it's time for the Star Wars onslaught and I'm pretty scared about space. :lol Seems we all have this same issue eventually in this hobby.

I do think this should be the main thread for HP discussions and posting of our pics. Unless Dave creates a separate thread for all of that stuff, I think it's fine.

Making great use of the accessories! Very nice.

I didn't plan on the idea of filling a detolf with Harry Potter, but it's starting to look like it'll happen in the end. I've been trying to downsize a bit and change up my collection focus. Right now it's all about HP and Star Wars, as my Marvel collection is nearing a comfortable stopping place. Still waiting for a few like Drax, Maria Hill, Hawkeye, and Nick Fury, but for the most part it's finished to my liking. Same goes for my Batman stuff. So now it's time for the Star Wars onslaught and I'm pretty scared about space. :lol Seems we all have this same issue eventually in this hobby.

I do think this should be the main thread for HP discussions and posting of our pics. Unless Dave creates a separate thread for all of that stuff, I think it's fine.

Thanks! :hi5: I really love the accessories!

I think I am right there with ya in what to collect. At first, I really wanted to grab two sets of Avengers. I was in for everything for the AoU line, but over time I just started to take figures of that list. Now I think I to will be stopping Marvel figure collecting for a while. Just waiting on Hawkeye and Fury as 100% buys. I have Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch and Ant-Man on PO, but I am not sure if I want to grab those. Even with Civil War coming out, I will be passing on most of those figures, maybe Falcon as my only buy. But with everything Hot Toys/Star Ace has been putting out for both Star Wars/Harry Potter I can say that I am pretty glad I did not grab another Iron Man, Hulk, Thor...... I much rather have Hagrid than another Hulk. Hermione than another Black Widow. Sirius instead of Iron Man.

With that being said, 2016 might be the finest year of collecting. The Force Awakens Hot Toys and already from Star Ace Hagird, Dumbledore... can't imagine what new figures will be out from Star Ace come next year. It is gonna be a fun and expensive year :lol

Maybe Dave or the original thread starter could edit the title if more people agree, maybe change it to Official Star Ace Harry Potter Figure Discussion? Maybe post links to each figure on Sideshows site like some other threads do? Or maybe even start a new thread? :dunno

Great displays Jordan and WWEJedi :rock

A discussion thread would be nice, seeing how this thread has sort of become a general Star Ace discussion thread. Maybe it would be good to keep this one on topic or change the title.

If one of the four remaining main students isn't popular/interesting enough to sell the quota of figures, then this is going to be a very short line.

Ginny unfortunately got shafted far more than Neville and Luna in the movies, but she's still Ron's sister, the catalyst for the entirety of Chamber of Secrets and Harry's future wife. She's also one of the six kids who go the Department of Mysteries in OOTP, which is a "team" plenty of fans are probably going to want to assemble.

Ginny obviously isn't going to sell as much as Hermione, but she's not a bit part like Cho Chang or whoever either.

And other than a new head, I'm not sure that she'd require much new tooling from Hermione anyway. I would think releasing the students (at least in their school robes) would be far cheaper and more manageable than adult characters that require 100% new outfits and such that can't be reused elsewhere, such as McGonagall, Filch, Umbridge and so forth.

:lecture:goodpost:

Great points all around.

Not sure how recent this is, I've been checking on this figure quite often but SS is now listing him as Sold Out.
Got an email from SS advertising the Harry Potter figures and the 1st year isn't being shown so I did a search and he's on their sold out list.

Got our Harry earlier this week. Very pleased. This was a "gift" to my wife (I certainly wanted it as well though) and I think she really liked it! She is a big Harry Potter fan and hopefully this can ease her stress with my current collecting habit.

Harry - Vertical.jpg

Harry.jpg

Back