Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

They might have to go back to the way things were several years ago and build themselves back up again. Smaller ES, concentrate on strong licenses, concentrate on the true quality a high end collectible should have. None of this barely-passable "he looks okay, he'll look great if we get him re-painted or if we glue his armpit" excuses. This guy cost $400.00+ and should look it. If a lot of people send Bats back or want refunds, at this ES, it will make Sideshow realize that things need to change. Whether it be someone staying in China to oversee production at all times or going with better quality factories, something has gotta give before they turn the fan base off for good. I still have confidence in them but it has dwindled. My solution is that I will wait to order a piece until I see how it turns out. My loss on missing out on an Ex but that's what I will have to do. :peace

Yeah, you're supposed to learn from history and after several debacles, the Jean Grey one coming to mind, I'd expect them to have reigned in their Q/C and production. But then as you said, there's always those that won't complain, will tweak it themselves and the only winner is SSC and the loser is the consumer. I didn't remotely think this one would be a problem. And when you have SSC personnel saying the stitching around the armpit is likely to be the same on all, that is a production problem and you wonder where the head of Q/C was. The lowly Q/C guys that put the stickers on are the same in any business; if it looks ok to them, meets their standards or they don't care, it gets the sticker. But I would expect SSC to have someone oversee the final product, spot check those in production and make sure that problems like the ones shown don't crop up after such a long delay.

Where's the post from the SSC rep that said all of the current batch has the sagging fabric under the armpit? I'd like to have it to include in my email to SSC. Thanks.

If you are taking photo's some basic rules -

1) NO FLASH
2) Good natural lighting - think well lit room or patio but not direct sunlight, make it a shaded area that's bright.
3) In Focus with no shadows
4) NO FLASH

Couldn't agree more, these pictures making Bats look horrifying. I mean if your gonna spend 400+ on a statue at least take a crash course in photography before you decide to post it up here. :gah:

I seriously was hiding back. But after what SS has done to us. Charging us wayyyy to much moolah. So right there should mean that they stepped up their quality. Secondly, we have had the longest delays from SS. With this piece. You can't deny that the cloth isn't fitted right. Like the proto. I hope everybody sends them an email DEMANDING a fix. Am I wrong in saying that they are ruining our hobby. This isn't what we deserve for the money we spend. All this time and still looks F'd up. "Highest quality Collectibles" my azz. Isn't sad that the STANDARD for collecting their products is to see the I. Hand pics first? Because of all the screw ups they do? They really need to step up. Rant over

:rotfl Page after page of 'anyone got it yet' 'please post pictures ASAP'
Then 'how dare you use flash' 'buy a decent camera or GTFO' :slap

An expensive camera will highlight the saggy tailoring better if that's what you're waiting for :dunno

Okay!! Its now or never....just received confirmation that my card has been charged by SSC and Batman is on his way! :woo

From Martin Canale

right arm------------- correct

logo partially hide----correct

muscle legs----------correct

muscle arms---------correct

]Neck------------------correct

DSC_3820.jpg

DSC_3811.jpg

Production pics

relieve logo-------correct

pfbatman3_1172_detail.jpg

SDCC

no tan----------correct

IMG_9447.jpg

IMG_9452.jpg

Final product

1510950_10202996783303100_1156272294_n.jpg

1486573_10151804239406104_471383794_n.jpg

1491730_263932570429749_964702901_n.jpg

So please,ss,stop destroying Martin canale´s work,please :monkey2:

and stop remove pieces,please.

Wolverine LSF (one head out)
Skaar pf (alien in base out)
Joker pf (mace out)

What´s next?

if you want to win more millions in a year just buy the lotto but dont´ keep cutting production budget,please :nono

I seriously was hiding back. But after what SS has done to us. Charging us wayyyy to much moolah. So right there should mean that they stepped up their quality. Secondly, we have had the longest delays from SS. With this piece. You can't deny that the cloth isn't fitted right. Like the proto. I hope everybody sends them an email DEMANDING a fix. Am I wrong in saying that they are ruining our hobby. This isn't what we deserve for the money we spend. All this time and still looks F'd up. "Highest quality Collectibles" my azz. Isn't sad that the STANDARD for collecting their products is to see the I. Hand pics first? Because of all the screw ups they do? They really need to step up. Rant over

:goodpost:

I wonder if you can pierce the material in the arm pit with a syringe and inject a small dab of glue there to get the material to sit properly.

I wouldnt try that. With the light color, your likely to leave an even more annoying spot, even if you get it to stick.

here's your quote from the rep.

How the armpits look does exist on all the Batman's it looks like when I inquired about it earlier today.

Was there an issue with the Superman PF symbol? This is honestly the first time I've had someone ask this question to me.

-SideshowAlex

Saves me from having to type

https://youtu.be/R5gA-N9tx6s

This is EXACTLY what is wrong with collecting and SS getting away with all there screw ups. Let me just say this.. YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO TOUCH THE STATUE.....AT ALL. We need them to send out what was promised. Please realize that this is why they get away with it. For all that's eu you should (like the older days)
Open box
Smile.
Look over it for problems
Display it
Be happy.

NOT "fix" "touch up" just to make it look like it is already supposed to. Sorry man. But there are too many people that accept half *** products. It is literally ruining the hobby.

one moment!!!!!they see my post and now they charged the bat few minutes ago,shipping in 1-2 days !!! :monkey1

just the best statue errggg GRAIL ever made,thanks SS :thud: :rotfl

dancing-frog-boy-o.gif

Final product it is slightly different, those changes not good at all in my opinion.

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

Did sideshow inform us abt emblem?? They have to inform us we r buying there products seeing prototypes. If they change it they should inform us. Emblem is printed ........ what to say? Is this shortcut way to make such huge edition size??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Final product it is slightly different, those changes not good at all in my opinion.

It's always to be expected that the final product will differ the proto. The dilemma is how far should it differ. A positive experience for me was the ToD Indy Ex where as a surprise they threw in an alternate switch out hand. With this being my first fabric costumed PF, I didn't know what to expect, but being Batman and one of their marquee licenses and pieces, I expected it to be a collective sigh of relief and awe as to how awesome it looks.

This is EXACTLY what is wrong with collecting and SS getting away with all there screw ups. Let me just say this.. YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO TOUCH THE STATUE.....AT ALL. We need them to send out what was promised. Please realize that this is why they get away with it. For all that's eu you should (like the older days)
Open box
Smile.
Look over it for problems
Display it
Be happy.

NOT "fix" "touch up" just to make it look like it is already supposed to. Sorry man. But there are too many people that accept half *** products. It is literally ruining the hobby.

I think you misinterpreted what i'm saying. I'm saying, don't do what i do, do what YOU think is right. And if your not happy with the product, then return it and get your money back. There is nothing SS is going to do if you are unhappy and still send them money. Me personally, i'm happy to have a 24" mixed media statue of Batman that didn't cost me more then $400.00 even if it does require 10 min of my time to futz it into place. I think this makes the DC version look like crap. But that is personal opinion.

Back