Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Great TRUE

majestic1 from statue forum

From the studio tour video here's a direct quote from the Sideshow production team themselves -

"We take a pre-production sample place it next to the prototype, and then just go over it from head to toe, and make sure that the pre-production matches the prototype exactly"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQnWIeg2SHQ

No they don't. They still tweak them. I can't remember the last statue I bought that looked slightly different than the proto... :slap

Due to the flash the color of the face and blues hues appear very prominent. Hopefully some good quality pics are taken today, without the FLASH for gods sake! If anyone has read at least one thread they would know that flash distorts how a statue actually looks like in person.

Yeah, flash is a big no no. But flash or no flash ain't going to help sagging fabric.

Due to the flash the color of the face and blues hues appear very prominent. Hopefully some good quality pics are taken today, without the FLASH for gods sake! If anyone has read at least one thread they would know that flash distorts how a statue actually looks like in person.

I thought the main issue was the ill fitting fabric :dunno
Makes him look kind of deformed.

Yeah, flash is a big no no. But flash or no flash ain't going to help sagging fabric.

Sagging fabric is a whole different story however I'm confident I can make it look right. Other than that I really like how the statue came out. The face and blues hues don't worry me at all, have had enough experience with photographs to know flash is the culprit here. Very excited to get mine, batarang is a must by the way. You just simply can't have a Batman statue without one of his gadgets. Was already charged should be here soon don't live too far from California, only one state over.

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

I'm sure the fabric can be pulled back and some adjusting might set it straight. I'm sure they wouldn't have let 2500 PFs go without realizing the backlash and returns they'd get. Especially because its the most important DC PF to date!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Sagging fabric is a whole different story however I'm confident I can make it look right. Other than that I really like how the statue came out. The face and blues hues don't worry me at all, have had enough experience with photographs to know flash is the culprit here. Very excited to get mine, batarang is a must by the way. You just simply can't have a Batman statue without one of his gadgets. Was already charged should be here soon don't live too far from California, only one state over.

Well post some non-flash pictures so we can see what we have to settle for. That's what bugs me. You see an awesome proto (of course most of the time people are tearing them apart, and I never have) and then you wait, you pay a car payments worth for the figure, and you receive it and you then try to settle for its inadequacies or defects. We shouldn't have to settle. If mine comes next week and it has the fabric issue, it's going back and I'll be curious if they are fixing as we speak for other batches. That will be the ultimate slap in the face to customers.

Well post some non-flash pictures so we can see what we have to settle for. That's what bugs me. You see an awesome proto (of course most of the time people are tearing them apart, and I never have) and then you wait, you pay a car payments worth for the figure, and you receive it and you then try to settle for its inadequacies or defects. We shouldn't have to settle. If mine comes next week and it has the fabric issue, it's going back and I'll be curious if they are fixing as we speak for other batches. That will be the ultimate slap in the face to customers.

Or they make a Blue and Grey variant with the fabric corrected like Baroness Classic variant.

Yea, after seeing this, there's gotta be a way to fix this. If not, I will be asking for a replacement or a partial refund. Alex mentioned the logo can be shimmied up a bit and I wonder if the same can be done for the shoulder area? If the whole outfit is glued this may not be possible. Can anyone who has already gotten one confirm? Maybe its just the first batch that's this bad. I think I'm still first batch since it should ship out today :thud:

Yea, after seeing this, there's gotta be a way to fix this. If not, I will be asking for a replacement or a partial refund. Alex mentioned the logo can be shimmied up a bit and I wonder if the same can be done for the shoulder area? If the whole outfit is glued this may not be possible. Can anyone who has already gotten one confirm? Maybe its just the first batch that's this bad. I think I'm still first batch since it should ship out today :thud:

Alex already said they are all like that and that it does not appear that the armpits can be fixed with futzing.

Curious, considering that baggy armpit area looks a little taught, I wonder if there will be any issues of it stretching further or pulling away over time?

If it's a matter of futzing, then that's one thing. I've had to futz with every piece that has had clothing attaching to it or some other accessory. This supposedly being a skin tight suit, I'm afraid futzing might not help. If you look at the SDCC pic you can see how tight the suit is by definition of the pectoral muscle. That definition is lost in the in-hand pics. So it's not just the bicep/arm that is affected...

Great TRUE

majestic1 from statue forum

From the studio tour video here's a direct quote from the Sideshow production team themselves -

"We take a pre-production sample place it next to the prototype, and then just go over it from head to toe, and make sure that the pre-production matches the prototype exactly"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQnWIeg2SHQ
:lol pink slips all around :slap :lol

So this is what Alex wrote about the symbol, but it seems that the overall costume may be able to be futz'd with too. Whats with that word? anyways; The symbol was raised on the piece. What is occurring with these new final pieces is a shift in the costume material during shipping. People can raise the symbol up higher (where there is little to no gap between the top left hand wing of the bat ). With some gentle pull/push up on the costume (before the cape and head choice are place on the piece) one can raise the material up and viola...little to no gap. I futzed with a production piece in the office less than 30 minutes ago and achieved a no gap between bottom of the cape (were it flows onto his chest) and the top of the left bat wing. Once can try futzing to pull/push the costume up once the cape is on the piece as well but I found futzing before the cape was on easier.

Hope that helps!

So the site's about to go down in about an hour for upgrades (YAY UPGRADES!)... What will you remember most from this thread?

Perhaps this thread needs a 24 hour break to catch its breath.

Hopefully in that 24 hours we'll get some futz'd pics of the costume and everyone will be happy again :)

So this is what Alex wrote about the symbol, but it seems that the overall costume may be able to be futz'd with too. Whats with that word? anyways; The symbol was raised on the piece. What is occurring with these new final pieces is a shift in the costume material during shipping. People can raise the symbol up higher (where there is little to no gap between the top left hand wing of the bat ). With some gentle pull/push up on the costume (before the cape and head choice are place on the piece) one can raise the material up and viola...little to no gap. I futzed with a production piece in the office less than 30 minutes ago and achieved a no gap between bottom of the cape (were it flows onto his chest) and the top of the left bat wing. Once can try futzing to pull/push the costume up once the cape is on the piece as well but I found futzing before the cape was on easier.

Hope that helps!

So she doesn't say that the armpit issue is on all of them. Sounds like she is only referring to the symbol and gap there.

So the site's about to go down in about an hour for upgrades (YAY UPGRADES!)... What will you remember most from this thread?

Perhaps this thread needs a 24 hour break to catch its breath.

Noooooo!!! Honestly I just want my bats to come so i can "futz" with the cloth myself. Then I will decide my next course of action. Maybe I get lucky and I get a "lame duck" bats where the armpits ACTUALLY LOOK RIGHT:monkey1:monkey1

I may get killed for this but I think the mask and face looks better(especially the nose area and wider jaw)on the in hand pic....minus the darker skin hue(which could be because of the flash).

attachment.php

Back