Premium Format SS Rogue Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue

No one's mentioned that the face paint is on many of the corners of the eyes??

I have noticed that as well like the corners of the eyes are not even getting painted, just too many problems with this statue. Luckily sideshow says its only like 3-5 five people with all these problems so all should be fine. :rotfl :horror

I have noticed that as well like the corners of the eyes are not even getting painted, just too many problems with this statue. Luckily sideshow says its only like 3-5 five people with all these problems so all should be fine. :rotfl :horror

Same s--t they told me about the ROLTA Indy Jacket and same thing about... "Oh they are just commenting on the same 2 pics." b.s. There were at least 10 on this forum and 10+ on another. Not to mention those checking their pieces as they had no clue. Really, this is where SSC's fails in customer service, trying to flip the responsibility back to the customer by mitigating their concern.

Just got my Rogue. 121 / 750. You know what's coming [sigh].

Will post pics once I've taken them; I'll need to send photos to SSC anyway so I may as well post them in here, too, later on.

The EX head: a small bit of paint has chipped away at the front of her hair. No broken-and-painted-over hair strands but the paint on the hair and bandana is sloppy. Her eyes are looking in the same direction, however (straight upwards). Of the two heads I received this is easily the best.

Reg. head: Looks pretty much like the others we've seen. Hair isn't painted very well and the eyeshadow is badly applied. One of the eyes is slightly lazy and there's skin-colored paint in the corners of the eyes. Not impressed, really.

Everything else is alright; the body is OK on the whole, prints are fine, no breaks or missing belt pouches/jacket buttons. Overall, though, I'm not 100% happy so I'll most likely be returning this young lady for a refund. A shame as I was really looking forward to this piece. :(

Here's them pics. Just noticed some horrid paint bubbles on the EX hair behind/below her right ear, too. Great. :rolleyes2 I've highlighted the problems in a couple of photos. The last pic shows that the EX eyes are at least straight.

Rogue1.jpg

Rogue2.jpg

Rogue3.jpg

Rogue4.jpg

Now some of these like paint bubbles, sloppy sculpt around and in ears, etc. seem to be more common SSC issues that most have come to ignore. Should we? No, but SSC's is never going to release a statue that is actually made like it's worth 300+. My concern is the blind Q/C in regards to the blatant mishaps in the paint applications on the faces.

More ____ty pix...yay....:monkey4

Gotta abandon this thread altogether, its just a source of annoyance :monkey4

Man last night after work i really took a look at rogue, so disappointed in this statue now. So much wrong with it like the pictures posted above.

i cant understand why SS can make such a amazing item like the lara craft sitting down, then go to a debacle like rogue. I was so looking forward to just displaying her as is and not have to rework her or return her.

What's going on there on the 3rd pic, hard to tell without a description. Just curious.

Lots of paint bubbles. If you look closely you can see skin-colored paint in the hair, too, just below the ear.

And, yes, INFECDED, there's also a chip on the fringe. :horror

Okay, for those paying attention; I got my Rogue yesterday and it was very very late in my day. I had to go to bed to get up for work later on last night.

Now it's the next day, I'm more awake, the sun is shining, and I've got more/better pics to share with you my misery. Heck, I even found another flaw. Chipping and embedded fingerprints on the base. Whoopie....

To start, here is the damaged product box that I mentioned.
Following that are pics of the base, a paint bubble I found on her leg, and a bunch of pics of the sloppy paint up.

Return00.jpg

Return01.jpg

Return02.jpg

Return03.jpg

Return04.jpg

Return05.jpg

Return06.jpg

Return07.jpg

Return08.jpg

Return10.jpg

*edit* Oh yeah, this is number 440 btw

I guarantee you they cut corners on their painters. They first did this by making ____ egg shell thin. Thenbthey cheapenedbthe foam packing. All the while jacking up the price. Now they're slopping on paint done by elementary school kids. Making more money jerk offs?..keep this up and not for long.

Okay, for those paying attention; I got my Rogue yesterday and it was very very late in my day. I had to go to bed to get up for work later on last night.

Now it's the next day, I'm more awake, the sun is shining, and I've got more/better pics to share with you my misery. Heck, I even found another flaw. Chipping and embedded fingerprints on the base. Whoopie....

:( You have my sympathies, Jedah. You'll be returning yours, I trust?

Here's them pics. Just noticed some horrid paint bubbles on the EX hair behind/below her right ear, too. Great. :rolleyes2 I've highlighted the problems in a couple of photos. The last pic shows that the EX eyes are at least straight.

Rogue1.jpg

Geeesh that just hideous.

Mine is in the box. Will not display until this mess gets resolved.

Back