Premium Format SS Rogue Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue

Alright, here's what mine looks like. Better than some but I'm not happy with it. The makeup is bad, the eyes aren't as bad as I expected (still not good), the dirt on the back and the poor job on the boots definitely isn't a plus.

sideshow-rogue-problems-1.jpg

sideshow-rogue-problems-2.jpg

sideshow-rogue-problems-3.jpg

sideshow-rogue-problems-4.jpg

sideshow-rogue-problems-5.jpg

Looks like SSC finally responded,

dont know how much good it does "the few of us that have this problem"...

---
Sideshow Collectibles
We have seen a few collector reports on the web that some of the Rogue figures have arrived with some paint issues. We have opened some of the Rogue figures at Sideshow to inspect the paint and have found that a few of the reported concerns are due to the hand painted, custom nature of each piece. Please know that Sideshow has a generous returns / exchange policy for all of our items. If you feel that you may have a paint or detailing issue with your figure, please snap a photo and send it to our returns department so that they can assist you further! We will be updating our Rogue gallery shortly so that collectors can see pictures of a Rogue production piece!

---

Isnt that like false advertising? The NRD should be abolished if they have the right to just change what they think is acceptable to ship to consumers even though it wasnt advertised.

They probably forgot to mention all the return/replacement request which are not based on the forums. I spend good money on these items and should come out closer to the prototype. Look at Punisher for example, that piece came out fantastic. the golden days are over for SSC. nothing but hit and misses with them. Time to sell my all pieces and hope some other superior companies replaces them.

Last edited:

I wonder how they intend to doll this piece of crap up in the new "Rogue Gallery". They even added an exclaimation mark...

thats audaciously funny.

Last edited:

does the tip of the hair on the exclusive white? i feel like they forgot to paint it.

They probably forgot to mention all the return/replacement request which are not based on the forums. I spend good money on these items and should come out cost to the prototype. Look at Punisher for example, that piece came out fantastic. the golden days are over for SSC. nothing but hit and misses with them. Time to sell my all pieces and hope some other superior companies replaces them.

I personally am looking for a new company to come in and present an alternative.

Alright, here's what mine looks like. Better than some but I'm not happy with it. The makeup is bad, the eyes aren't as bad as I expected (still not good), the dirt on the back and the poor job on the boots definitely isn't a plus.

sideshow-rogue-problems-4.jpg

sideshow-rogue-problems-5.jpg

Damn, its true they filled that crack. Either that or she pooped in that skin tight uniform.

Missed my shippment today due to work. I'll arrange a late pickup tomorrow.

Scared I am. She-Hulk PF, Ms. Marvel PF turned out good...crossed my figners for this rogued one. Got my eye on you too Psylocke PF.

sideshow-rogue-problems-2.jpg

sideshow-rogue-problems-3.jpg

Looks like a lifeless mannequin..They used extremely cheep watered paints to save 3 cents and used only one flesh tone...On top of that the "painters" seem to be ranked amateurs..look at the headband..look at those lips..the cheapest painters SS could probably find in China...downright embarrassing to sell this for over 300$ plus expenses...

Last edited:

4186432951_3da0194344.jpg

i would rather keep this face than rogues messed up paint job! what the hell is sideshow thinking producing emma like that!

Updating the gallery for a sold out piece is nothing short of false advertising. Selling an item based off one image and waiting till the item sells out and ships and posting updated images of what customers will actually get is shameful. Sculpt is altered and substandard "Individual" paint apps. is not what your customers expect or pay for.

Looks like SSC finally responded,

dont know how much good it does "the few of us that have this problem"...

---
Sideshow Collectibles
We have seen a few collector reports on the web that some of the Rogue figures have arrived with some paint issues. We have opened some of the Rogue figures at Sideshow to inspect the paint and have found that a few of the reported concerns are due to the hand painted, custom nature of each piece. Please know that Sideshow has a generous returns / exchange policy for all of our items. If you feel that you may have a paint or detailing issue with your figure, please snap a photo and send it to our returns department so that they can assist you further! We will be updating our Rogue gallery shortly so that collectors can see pictures of a Rogue production piece!

---

Isnt that like false advertising? The NRD should be abolished if they have the right to just change what they think is acceptable to ship to consumers even though it wasnt advertised.

That looks like a standard SSC response.

Sorry for ghetto pics I have a cheap camera and no good light in my house at night so you get toaster and monday night football in background....

I'll get some proper close ups in the sun tomorrow if they come out. Its a freak show. Not as bad as a lot of them but the normal head isnt good. The EX head is kinda solid actually. There is one spot on her bandana that isnt good. I found tons of flaws on the body itself. Ones I noticed on other peoples pics as well but no one seemed to mention them. Also a button fell off but I have it. The normal head doesnt fit snug at all with jacket. You can actually see a gap down by where her V shaped collar is. If you look closely at the pic you can see that black dot at the base of her neck on normal head is a black gap where the neck ends.......
I included a pic below though not clear that shows green scuffed paint on her right hand. Also I havent seen anyone mention this but her base at least this one, is a different color than gambits. Heres is like a slightly lighter red and gambits is much darker. it doesnt show well in pics but its very obvious in person.

Rogue # 631

normalhead.jpg

exhead.jpg

base.jpg

hand.jpg

Really thinking about snagging a reg more and more. SS ____ed up, but the sculpt kicks so much ass. The mixed media with the jacket and belt is perfect. With the repaint of the head (around a $100 I would imagine), it's time to debate whether she's worth $400.

It bums me out just thinking what could have been with this sucker, and I don't even own it. Feeling for you guys big time on this one. Act right, SS :lecture

Sorry for ghetto pics I have a cheap camera and no good light in my house at night so you get toaster and monday night football in background....

I'll get some proper close ups in the sun tomorrow if they come out. Its a freak show. Not as bad as a lot of them but the normal head isnt good. The EX head is kinda solid actually. There is one spot on her bandana that isnt good. I found tons of flaws on the body itself. Ones I noticed on other peoples pics as well but no one seemed to mention them. Also a button fell off but I have it. The normal head doesnt fit snug at all with jacket. You can actually see a gap down by where her V shaped collar is. If you look closely at the pic you can see that black dot at the base of her neck on normal head is a black gap where the neck ends.......
I included a pic below though not clear that shows green scuffed paint on her right hand. Also I havent seen anyone mention this but her base at least this one, is a different color than gambits. Heres is like a slightly lighter red and gambits is much darker. it doesnt show well in pics but its very obvious in person.

Rogue # 631

normalhead.jpg

exhead.jpg

base.jpg

hand.jpg

at those angles, and that lighting...

your statues actually look decent.

----

I doubt they'd even subsidize LOYAL LONG-TERM CUSTOMERS for a paint job to correct these hideous flaws.

Its a lesson learned, I bought 2 statues today that were cheaper than Rogue, released years ago by SSC, and well worth the money [NOT FROM SIDESHOWS WEBSITE]. I dont blaim the factory at all, SSC is just cutting costs and trading off their integrity. They can "race towards the bottom" it will eventually bite them in the a$$.

If unemployment is so high in the US right now, why does the marketing goof that wrote that statement still have a job? Thats an insult to everyone that dished out $300 of their hard earned money on this piece of crap.

Last edited:
Back