Premium Format SS Rogue Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue

Come on aveone, really?

Thats exactly the type of thinking that will allow Sideshow to keep pumping out crap like this.

I didn't think you, of all people, would offer Sideshow a pass on this.

Well after seeing her in person, I'm ok with her!
Plus she will be in the middle of my x-men display and right now she looks real good from where I'm sitting!
I like to say she is not perfect and I wanted more like the proto I saw in SDCC! Yet I don't think she is that bad!
Again she does have a very sexy bod that takes my breath away!
When I first look at her my eyes don't go directly to her eyes but to her pose and other areas.
Some would say I'm lowering my standards and giving in to Sideshows lower quality products, but at the end she is worth it me.
I do agree, the eyes could have been much better but it's not a deal braker for me

Come on aveone, really?

Thats exactly the type of thinking that will allow Sideshow to keep pumping out crap like this.

I didn't think you, of all people, would offer Sideshow a pass on this.

:exactly:

We need to take a stand against them pumping out crap because it's the only way we will get better paint apps etc. Leave them with the crap statues and watch them get these problems sorted.

Yes ok ok....
For those who like to put her front and center then your right
Yet she is looking to the side and above, yet I agree the proto eyes were much better for this pose!

no, the problem is that one eye is looking one direction, the other is looking another direction. You can even see it in your video. On yours its not as bad as on some of the pics in this thread, but its still off.

Well after seeing her in person, I'm ok with her!
Plus she will be in the middle of my x-men display and right now she looks real good from where I'm sitting!
I like to say she is not perfect and I wanted more like the proto I saw in SDCC! Yet I don't think she is that bad!
Again she does have a very sexy bod that takes my breath away!
When I first look at her my eyes don't go directly to her eyes but to her pose and other areas.
Some would say I'm lowering my standards and giving in to Sideshows lower quality products, but at the end she is worth it me.
I do agree, the eyes could have been much better but it's not a deal braker for me

But being just ok is not good enough! We all love SSC but if we keep saying it's ok, then all we are ever going to get is an ok product, when we should be getting a really good looking product that can be viewed from any angle and distance.

Love your epic collection Alex but I hate to say it - she looks bad. I understand that you have a business relationship with SSC and won't knock the product though.

Ha ha!!
That's so not true!!
I would be the first to say something!
Yet now I'm more understanding of all the issues that happen before a statue goes into and during production.

Its a whole new world when you start seeing the other side of the fence.
I only want Sideshow to improve QC as most of us want perfection!
I can only balme the factories and that is all, as I said before I know Sideshow travels to China alot to check QC but they can't camp out there 24/7!

My man Sidewhow is so much better than some of my customs!
They missed it with Rouge but it's acceptable to me.
I respect others and I know they can always return their products or get a new head.

Ha ha!!
That's so not true!!
Yet now I'm more understanding of all the issues that happen before a statue goes into and during production.

I can only balme the factories and that is all, as I said before I know Sideshow travels to China alot to check QC but they can't camp out there 24/7!

I respect others and I know they can always return their products or get a new head.

Fair enough, if you're happy with the piece more power to you. :dunno

But being just ok is not good enough! We all love SSC but if we keep saying it's ok, then all we are ever going to get is an ok product, when we should be getting a really good looking product that can be viewed from any angle and distance.

It's not OK Jay
It's not ok

I agree!

Voice your concerns to Sideshow. Everyone should
But what can we do now?
Send it back, fix it, sell it, or don't look at her like straight on!

Should we all send it back? Most would say yes as a community we talk more and do less! That's all!
We complain then move on. I know that my Vamp EX will be perfect!
Sideshow is a business they do their best. What we need to do is become buddies with these factories :)
I know for the money we deserve a perfect sculpt and paint

Ha ha!!
That's so not true!!

I don't see how you can blame the factories for all the changes.
So the factory changed the mold for the ass and the eye position without notifying Sideshow?

At the end of the day Sideshow chose the factory and approved of the production prototype. Sure the factory is not without blame but it is Sideshow's logo on the box is it not?

Should we all send it back?

Yes! We know nothing will ever be perfect but we'd like a statue to get close to the ones we see in the pictures on Sideshows site, but from the pictures i've seen so far this one gets no where near it imho.

People have paid $300 of their hard earned money for this and shouldn't have to have a statue with bad paint sitting in their collection. Let SSC sit on this and then maybe they will get these factories to pull their finger out and start making these statues look like they should. It will never change unless we as collectors start voting with our wallets.

I don't see how you can blame the factories for all the changes.
So the factory changed the mold for the ass and the eye position without notifying Sideshow?

At the end of the day Sideshow chose the factory and approved of the production prototype. Sure the factory is not without blame but it is Sideshow's logo on the box is it not?

:exactly::goodpost:

Yes! We know nothing will ever be perfect but we'd like a statue to get close to the ones we see in the pictures on Sideshows site, but from the pictures i've seen so far this one gets no where near it imho.

People have paid $300 of their hard earned money for this and shouldn't have to have a statue with bad paint sitting in their collection. Let SSC sit on this and then maybe they will get these factories to pull their finger out and start making these statues look like they should. It will never change unless we as collectors start voting with our wallets.

:goodpost: Well said, Jay!

:exactly:

I agree with you there Snoop.

Thanks, Homie! :duff

Man I feel bad for most of you with bad Rogues. I am looking at the pics and I cannot believe that SSC sent these to their customers. Anyone think SSC will double and triple check the regular version before shipping it?

Everyone who is unhappy needs to return this. It doesn't matter how hype we were for this we shouldn't settle. Watching that YouTube video you can see issues with the head but also the body as well. Though I will admit that is one of the cleaner ones posted.

Still we we say SS is worth more than say a kotobukiya because of the paint then we should require the paint actually deliver at the higher price.

Back